PDA

View Full Version : Original Van Halen or the Police

DABSR
11-02-2005, 12:29 PM
O.K. ...there's well documented bad blood within each of these bands.

Who do YOU think will reunite first, our beloved classic original line up of Van Halen :) or the 3 dopes who called it quits near the height of their careers :rolleyes: ?

jhale667
11-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, the Police HAVE at least jammed together once since the split...at Sting's wedding, if I recall correctly...our heroes haven't shared the stage (except for MTV in '96) for TWENTY YEARS. It's sad.:(

Matt White
11-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Oh...it'll be CLASSIC VAN HALEN....

Trust me

Soul Reaper
11-02-2005, 12:54 PM
I hope you are right, Matt....

Matt White
11-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Call it a hunch........

jhale667
11-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I hope you are right, Matt....

Me too!!!

ELVIS
11-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Neither

Jimmy Jingles
11-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Call it a hunch........

You have sum splaning to do Lucy!

Thorman
11-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by DABSR
O.K. ...there's well documented bad blood within each of these bands.

Who do YOU think will reunite first, our beloved classic original line up of Van Halen :) or the 3 dopes who called it quits near the height of their careers :rolleyes: ?

The Police all the way...CVH reunited last year so at least we have had a taste of their great tunes...cant say the same for Sting and the boyz

BAM

WARF
11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Didn't the police already unite for a wedding a few years ago?

Terry
11-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Tough one to call.

Sting and Copeland don't really get along all that well, but seemingly better than Dave and the rest of CVH. Plus, the Police pretty much ended it with mutual agreement.

Maybe I'll give it to CVH, only because they went down the road once already in 1996.

Doubt either will in the end.

Terry
11-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
The Police all the way...CVH reunited last year so at least we have had a taste of their great tunes...cant say the same for Sting and the boyz

BAM

What a fuckin' nitwit:rolleyes:

loss of fools
11-02-2005, 04:30 PM
hopefully CVH theres enough bad in the world without the poilce reforming.

fe_lung
11-02-2005, 04:43 PM
The Police also played together at the Hall Of Fame. However, they'll never fully re-group

jhale667
11-02-2005, 04:44 PM
CVH reunited last year so at least we have had a taste of their great tunes...

BAM

LIES!!!!!! what a tool.

Let's go over it again for the learning impaired:

CVH= DAVE, ED, AL, and MIKE

Deal with it.:D

bantonelli
11-02-2005, 05:35 PM

BAM

Hey Thorman....you are so funny. Let's go back to basics....

If CVH in YOUR eyes (only) = REDROCKER,

Than what part of VH = DLR ?

...and my final Jeopardy answer to the Thread is more than likely "the FUZZ" them selves....

FORD
11-02-2005, 06:11 PM
The Police manage to find their way onto a stage together every 5 years or so, but it's usually just a one time thing. So far their longest reunion was for the last week of the 1986 Amnesty International tour which Sting was co headlining with U2. And even those appearances were limited to a 20 minute set from the band.

I was disappointed that they didn't show up for Live 8. I would have thought that was just the type of occasion they would be inspired by.

Having never actually seen the Police live, I'd love for them to do one last tour. God knows Sting isn't worth a shit without Stewart Copeland.

Terry
11-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by FORD
God knows Sting isn't worth a shit without Stewart Copeland.

Amen, brother. Lift a glass to Summers as well.:guzzle:

Thorman
11-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Hey Thorman....you are so funny. Let's go back to basics....

If CVH in YOUR eyes (only) = REDROCKER,

Than what part of VH = DLR ?

...and my final Jeopardy answer to the Thread is more than likely "the FUZZ" them selves....

VH = DLR does not equate...only in the sense of a glorified tribute band to CVH....Dave did not have what it took to be the singer for that great band...They tried him out for a few years and when they realized that he was not cut out for the band/music they gave him the boot

www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

bantonelli
11-02-2005, 09:37 PM
VH = DLR does not equate...only in the sense of a glorified tribute band to CVH....Dave did not have what it took to be the singer for that great band...They tried him out for a few years and when they realized that he was not cut out for the band/music they gave him the boot

You must be a tabloid hound..........Your logic on this is as brilliant and believable as Phil Spector claiming that he didn't mean to shoot girl !

RuzDNailz
11-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Sammy Hagar turned a Dodge Viper into a Daewoo Lanos! Heck I"m driving one...right now! Tee hee! While DLR had some chicks to do and solo stuff to put out, Sammy was the fill-in who couldn't cut the mustard. He can cut my mustard any day! *wink*

I agree with that. OU812 is a non-hit at the used cd shop down the road! Maybe there should be a PPV event if the original band got back together. Van Hagar sold less than 10,000 tickets per show so what does that tell you? Those flames on the new band logo fizzed out before the tour started! :D

Coyote
11-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
Oh...it'll be CLASSIC VAN HALEN....

Trust me

I'm curious...

Vinnie Velvet
11-03-2005, 12:06 PM
At least the Police have actually jammed together in public since the initial breakup, and most recently at the RnR Hall of Fame a few years ago.

All we've got from CVH are just two songs released in '96 and an appearance at the MTV Awards.

FORD
11-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Amen, brother. Lift a glass to Summers as well.:guzzle:

Summers is great as well, but I always got the impression that it was Stu who put the boot up Sting's ass when it was neccessary.

PHOENIX
11-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Summers is great as well, but I always got the impression that it was Stu who put the boot up Sting's ass when it was neccessary.

You got that right.

DeadMan1984
11-04-2005, 12:47 AM
I forsee the Police reuniting sometime soon actually. Call me crazy, call me kooky, but it's a feeling I have had for a while.

CVH, well, that's another story all together. I don't doubt a reunion, but it's probably gonna be a LONNNNNG time before they settle anything together and that's a damn shame.

Golden AWe
11-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Neither

true dat.

DavidLeeNatra
11-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Neither

amen...

Golden AWe
11-04-2005, 08:03 AM