PDA

View Full Version : DLR at the St.Pete Ribfest

Terry
11-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Well, if I heard it correctly, Diamond Dave is gonna be playing at the St. Petersburg Ribfest, next Friday (Nov.11th). The radio ad I listened to this morning on the way to work said it was $6 to get advance tickets, or $10 to get in the day of...didn't say if Roth's show was extra, so I'll have to find that out, as well as what time he goes on...

Someone at work said the ribfest was THIS weekend though. Anyone know any info?

Kinda mixed emotions seeing Dave play at such an event. Think the guy deserves better, frankly. Passed on seeing him at the House of Blues in Orlando...just hard to get used to him not playing arenas (although I suppose I've had long enough to acclimate myself to the idea).

Just pisses me off that Edwina and his fucking sister would deny Dave the opportunity to reunite and perform in front of larger crowds again. It's what we all want to see. Why they chose to go with that terminal choad choker Hagar last year is...well, not really a mystery. Just the typical EVH path of least resistance mentality...

Anyway, if anyone else is going, shoot me a message and we can hoist a few during the show.

franksters
11-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Dave in a small place is fookin awsome!

you are missing out on something...Beyond GR8!

bantonelli
11-03-2005, 08:43 PM
TERRY - I know what you mean by DLR playing small venues and that he deserves to be playing stadiums as he has in the past, BUT, the coolest thing of all, like FRANKSTERS points out is that when DLR plays a small venue, you can be right up close to the stage, take GREAT pictures and look him in the eyes while he's performing.

I remember going to the big stadiums to see concerts (unfortunately, I never go to see VH in action) and the performers on stage always looked like ants (binoculars were a must).

This is a unique opportunity to be close to the Legend himself. I will say this for the small venues and DLR....he can't be making hardly a dime off these small venues...the tickets are cheap and it's almost unheard of. At least he's not trying to rip anyone off with charging exhuberant priced tickets and only giving you an hour show. He will undoubtedly play for 1.5 hours as he has 2wice this year when I've seen him play. You definitely get your money's worth, but I can't imagine that DLR is pocketing much of it....he has to split that $$$ with the band and airline prices are at an all time high ?

Last year, seeing VH, they were selling their tickets very expensive and trying to sell backstage packages for $200.00 each....rip off?

bantonelli
11-03-2005, 08:45 PM
BY THE WAY.....HAVE A ROTHIN GREAT TIME!!!

ROTH ON!!!!

jacksmar
11-04-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm going Terry.
It's a real good time.

ritetoolforjob
11-06-2005, 02:12 PM
are they serving any hotdogs?

franksters
11-06-2005, 03:09 PM
yeah and milkshakes too!

DrMaddVibe
11-09-2005, 07:41 AM
And glazed donuts...to go!

thome
11-09-2005, 07:57 AM
If I was going I'd Bring a Bottle of Anything.

ritetoolforjob
11-09-2005, 02:24 PM
dave will take time out from his hot dog vending duties to perform. he will then be signing complimentary autographs with each frank purchased!

bantonelli
11-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Hebrew National and a bottle of anything.....TO GO!

Douglas T.
11-10-2005, 02:06 PM
RIB FEST IS ON!
Anyone going ... sees a guy in a sleevles CRAZY FROM TH' HEAT T ... tha's ME! Pass me a lil' of what your having and I'll do th' same!
You say "this new guy posting his first post!" I've been around here since SARGE and a few of us was hangin' out watering th' seeds that became this jungle! But true ... first post here... nice to be here!
Here's a nice linke:

http://www.ribfest.org/

... need to call and see what time DAVE hit's the stage! Have to pace th' ol' bones .. it's gonna be a FLA chilly 58 degrees.

Maybe I'll see ya there! !! !!!DT
...two DAYS o' DAVE cuuuuumin' up!

Douglas T.
11-10-2005, 02:06 PM
RIB FEST IS ON!
Anyone going ... sees a guy in a sleevles CRAZY FROM TH' HEAT T ... tha's ME! Pass me a lil' of what your having and I'll do th' same!
You say "this new guy posting his first post!" I've been around here since SARGE and a few of us was hangin' out watering th' seeds that became this jungle! But true ... first post here... nice to be here!
Here's a nice linke:

http://www.ribfest.org/

... need to call and see what time DAVE hit's the stage! Have to pace th' ol' bones .. it's gonna be a FLA chilly 58 degrees.

Maybe I'll see ya there! !! !!!DT
...two DAYS o' DAVE cuuuuumin' up!

jero
11-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Dude have a great time!

Douglas T.
11-10-2005, 02:35 PM
THANKS JERO!
I'll hopefully have a few nice photos to prove the GREAT TIME that is soon to be had?! ! !! !!!DT
NO HOLDS BBQ TIME!!