PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore on Howard Dean

diamondD
11-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Playboy Interview, July 2004:

Q: Were you surprised when Howard Dean self-destructed?

A: No, because I had met him. My wife and I went to meet with him with the idea of supporting him. We brought our checkbook. But we weren't in the room with him 5 minutes when we thought, Geez, this guy is kind of a prick. We didn't write the check. I was not surprided the night of the Iowa caucus. He had spent the better part of 2 years in Iowa, letting people meet him. To meet him is to be turned off by him, so I wasn't surprised that he lost, The concept of Dean was incredible. The movement behind him was a revolution. It was exciting to see, but Dean imploding was no surprise.

No wonder the libs can't get anything accomplished. Everyone's too busy wanting their ego stroked to work together.

DrMaddVibe
11-04-2005, 07:59 AM
ford hasn't "met" him...YET!!!!!

Nickdfresh
11-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by diamondD

No wonder the libs can't get anything accomplished. Everyone's too busy wanting their ego stroked to work together.

You mean like when the arch-conservatives shot up BUSH and shit-canned Harry'iet (that's a man baby!) Miers?

Mmmmm...imagine that! People of similar political persuasions may not actually like each other! Or that people of polar-opposite political views can be friends, or even actually have relationships and even marry (Carville hearts Matlin 4-ever).

DEAN probably is a prick, but so are most politicians...

diamondD
11-04-2005, 12:13 PM
The one good thing I can honestly say about Clinton is that he can hide it when meeting you. I've seen him publicly many times and he always had it 'on". That's one of the main reasons he got where he did and Screamin' Howie couldn't get out of the starting gates.

Warham
11-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
DEAN probably is a prick, but so are most politicians...

How dare you say that!

FORD will be very, very mad at you. ;)

diamondD
11-04-2005, 04:09 PM
FORD? No comment on the topic? :confused: :D

ELVIS
11-04-2005, 04:17 PM
He's ignoring it...

Just like the world ignores "Dr. Dean"...

LMAO!

:elvis:

Hardrock69
11-04-2005, 04:20 PM
I guess he will be pissed off at me too then.....

I have no respect for politicians or televangelists.

There are a few good ones out there, but the majority are a bunch of power-mad, greedy bastards whose sole goal in life is to enrich their bank account at the expense of their constituency.

FORD
11-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I guess he will be pissed off at me too then.....

I have no respect for politicians or televangelists.

There are a few good ones out there, but the majority are a bunch of power-mad, greedy bastards whose sole goal in life is to enrich their bank account at the expense of their consituency.

And Howard Dean definitely does NOT fit that category. He could have used family connections to get a Wall Street career and gone for the big money. Instead, he went to medical school and chose to be a doctor in a rural state. Not a minimum wage job, obviously. But definitely a step down from what had been offerred to him.

His political philosophy is similar in a lot of ways. His Presidential campaign was funded by the people, not corporations. And that's why the corporations, and their DLC lackies were so threatened by him. Even so, when John Kerry was running low on funds last summer, and needed a last minute push before the convention, it was Howard Dean and his "bat" that saved the day, raising $500,000 in just one Saturday afternoon. Again, from the people. Not the corporations.

He should be our President today. And every day that we don't have a President like him, this country suffers for it. And slides further down a hole of corporatist fascism that it may never recover from :(

diamondD
11-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Michael "can do no wrong in FORD's eyes" Moore says he's a prick.

FORD
11-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Playboy Interview, July 2004:

Q: Were you surprised when Howard Dean self-destructed?

A: No, because I had met him. My wife and I went to meet with him with the idea of supporting him. We brought our checkbook. But we weren't in the room with him 5 minutes when we thought, Geez, this guy is kind of a prick. We didn't write the check. I was not surprided the night of the Iowa caucus. He had spent the better part of 2 years in Iowa, letting people meet him. To meet him is to be turned off by him, so I wasn't surprised that he lost, The concept of Dean was incredible. The movement behind him was a revolution. It was exciting to see, but Dean imploding was no surprise.

Right wingers bitch about Michael Moore being a "prick", but he does his job well. Otherwise they would ignore him, right?

It's the same with Howard Dean. If he wasn't a threat to the corporatist-fascist machine, they wouldn't have gone to the lengths they did to destroy his campaign.

ELVIS
11-04-2005, 04:43 PM
he destroyed it himself...

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 04:48 PM
I originally wanted Dean to win, but after the Iowa scream thing got picked up and blown out of proportion by the media, I knew his chances were doomed.

He is a better man for the job than Bush could ever be.

FORD
11-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Exactly. The scream was an artificial construct. Someone took the direct feed from Dean's condenser microphone and added a shitload of reverb to it. The reality was that Dean was yelling to be heard above a very enthusiastic crowd of supporters, on a PA system that wasn't helping. The soundman at the event was likely a plant from the Iowa DLC, whose head Tom Vil_SUCK was greatly rewarded for his part in the scam, and is now the DLC chairman.

The only thing Dean probably did wrong was hiring Joe Trippi in the first place. Trippi was out for himself more than he was for Dean becoming President.

diamondD
11-04-2005, 04:59 PM
He lost Iowa after spending 2 years there gearing up for it. It's pretty bad when John Kerry outshines you.

Warham
11-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Well, they didn't put reverb on this...

"You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had hotel staff in here."

diamondD
11-04-2005, 05:02 PM
18% of the vote is weak, no matter how you spin it. He doesn't stand a chance in hell of ever winning an election.

blueturk
11-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Clinton and Michael Moore. The neocons LOVE these guys. Things are falling apart in the Bush administration? Let's talk about Clinton or Michael Moore.....

Warham
11-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
Michael Moore is rapidly replacing Bill Clinton as the go-to guy sheep use when they can't find a reason to defend Dubya.

No, Bill will always be our favorite, and we don't make fun of him to divert attention away from Dubya, we make fun of him because he's an easy target.

Clinton, remarking on being the first white Rosa Parks...

'I remember, as if it were yesterday, that fateful day 50 years ago. I was a 9-year-old southern white boy who rode a segregated bus every single day of my life. I sat in the front. Black folk sat in the back.

When Rosa showed us that black folks didn't have to sit in the back anymore, two of my friends and I, who strongly approved of what she had done, decided we didn't have to sit in the front anymore.'

blueturk
11-04-2005, 05:25 PM
It's sad when no quote you can make up will ever be as incredibly idiotic as your president's REAL quotes....

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children." —George W. Bush, second presidential debate, Oct. 11, 2000

diamondD
11-04-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm not trying to defend Dubya. I'm making fun of Michael "I don't own any stock" Moore and Howard "Prick" Dean. :D

blueturk
11-04-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm not trying to defend Dubya. I'm making fun of Michael "I don't own any stock" Moore and Howard "Prick" Dean. :D

I know. I was speaking in general terms, not about this thread in particular.

Warham
11-04-2005, 05:39 PM

They don't understand that, DD.

ELVIS
11-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The reality was that Dean was yelling to be heard above a very enthusiastic crowd of supporters, on a PA system that wasn't helping.

That's a crock of shit...

The soundman at the event was likely a plant from the Iowa DLC.

The scary part is that you believe your own crocks of shit...

A planted soundman...:rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
11-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
he destroyed it himself...

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2005-11-03_467569672371522/people/politics/dean_top10.wav

:cool:

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 06:55 PM
AssVibe Chimes in with another worthless link.

DrMaddVibe
11-04-2005, 07:19 PM
And you do what???

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Your momma.

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 07:28 PM
BURN! :D

DrMaddVibe
11-04-2005, 07:30 PM
The link posted has Dean goofing on himself for making "red faced rants"!

Get over the fact that Dean imploded by himself with no outside help.

Oh yeah, in order to do my mom...you'd have to have a dick!

Nickdfresh
11-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Warham
How dare you say that!

FORD will be very, very mad at you. ;)

Not to speak for FORD, but I wonder if he would seriously disagree?

"Prick" isn't totally a negative connotation, I think it can also be tantamount to being a "hardass." DEAN definitely is tough and plays hardball, but I think a "prick" can still be a decent human being. I don't totally agree with everything about DEAN nor some of the uncouth crap he says. But I am sure that he has the best interests of AMERICA at heart, as flawed as he is. That does put him above most politicians in my book. He's cutting and honest if limited, but he's still comes across as an arrogant prick. I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like him, it's the same reason that a lot of people do like him, he's gruff and blunt. But honest as well...

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
The link posted has Dean goofing on himself for making "red faced rants"!

Get over the fact that Dean imploded by himself with no outside help.

Oh yeah, in order to do my mom...you'd have to have a dick!

Actually, your link redirects to: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/104-1534100-5218325

And your mom called... ..she said to tell you "MMffff, mfff, mlffff..." :D

DrMaddVibe
11-04-2005, 07:35 PM
But I am sure that he has the best interests of AMERICA at heart, as flawed as he is. That does put him above most politicians in my book. He's cutting and honest if limited, but he's still comes across as an arrogant prick.

Well unless you're a negro hotel worker how could you fault him...really?:p

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 07:36 PM
He's cutting and honest ..., ...but he's still comes across as an arrogant prick. I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like him, it's the same reason that a lot of people do like him, he's gruff and blunt. But honest as well...

The EXACT same thing could be said about David Lee Roth... ...and we all know he is a great man too.

DrMaddVibe
11-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Actually, your link redirects to: http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2005-11-03_467569672371522/people/politics/dean_top10.wav

And your mom called... ..she said to tell you "MMffff, mfff, mlffff..." :D

You might want to have your neighbor or someone a LOT more knowledgable show you how to use a computer ...this isn't the 1st time you've had a problem with a link I've posted...dumbass!:D

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Could be cuz I'm on my work computer I guess. :D

DrMaddVibe
11-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Naw...you're a dumbass.

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 07:41 PM
...even when I get the link to work, the file downloaded is corrupted and plays at the wrong speed... ...dumbass!

Nickdfresh
11-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Well unless your a negro hotel worker how could you fault him...really?:p

Yeah well, I don't think he meant it the way that it was taken, but it was a pretty dum thing to say, he's definitely got "foot-in-mouth" disease sometimes...

ELVIS
11-04-2005, 07:42 PM
DEAN definitely is tough and plays hardball, but I think a "prick" can still be a decent human being.

What a discombobulated piece of emotional liberal confusion...

But you're slipping. A real liberal would have said "feel" instead of "think"...

But I am sure that he has the best interests of AMERICA at heart, as flawed as he is.

Oh yeah...:rolleyes:

You're sure of this...

:elvis:

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 07:43 PM
LMAO! You crack me up sometimes Elvis! :D

DrMaddVibe
11-04-2005, 07:49 PM
http://www.msu.edu/~santosdo/dean-freaks.wav

ELVIS
11-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
LMAO! You crack me up sometimes Elvis! :D

Thankya verymuch!

:D

DLR'sCock
11-04-2005, 07:54 PM
I can see where Dean can come off as a prick, no big deal. Is he really? I don't know, but I can see it, and always have.....do I like Dean? Yes I do....

Keeyth
11-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Have a good weekend everybody! I'm out! :D

diamondD
11-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
I can see where Dean can come off as a prick, no big deal. Is he really? I don't know, but I can see it, and always have.....do I like Dean? Yes I do....

Who would expect any less of someone who names himself after Dave's dick to say he admires a prick?

Dr. Love
11-05-2005, 12:13 AM
:confused: woooahhh.... I'm dizzy.