PDA

View Full Version : Eddie's played this ebay guitar

col5150
11-04-2005, 01:46 PM
yeah right and steve vai is my window cleaner

link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Custom-Shop-Wolfgang-Rosewood-Prototype-EVH-NR_W0QQitemZ7363033434QQcategoryZ33046QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

col5150
11-04-2005, 01:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Custom-Shop-Wolfgang-Rosewood-Prototype-EVH-NR_W0QQitemZ7363033434QQcategoryZ33046QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

col5150
11-04-2005, 01:53 PM
cant get the link to work but ive cut and pasted the spiel:

Featured in this auction is a Peavey Custom Shop Wolfgang prototype
This very guitar was played by EVH himself!! Rosewood!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peavey Custom Shop Wolfgang prototype This very guitar was played by EVH himself!! Rosewood!!!!

O.K. -- this BREAKS MY HEART to sell, but this too shall come to pass. This is a very special guitar to me, that I envisioned giving to my son someday or something. So I really want it to go to a good home, and I might write to it occasionally to tell it how much I miss it. :)

Are you a collector? Do you just want the real Mojo of the magic of the man's tapping fingers having played your very guitar? O.K. - here's the scoop. This is ONE VERY, VERY special, and EXTREMELY RARE guitar. It's special in many ways, as you'll see below. What you're looking at is a Peavey Wolfgang Custom Shop Prototype that was played by EVH personally at the NAMM show. And guess what folks... it's ROSEWOOD!!! It's got a rosewood fingerboard, and the birdseye maple neck is probably the most stunning I have ever seen. The color is Moonburst, which is a midnight blue-to-black burst. This is without a doubt the single most attractive Custom Shop color in my opinion. And there's only a few of them. Period.

This guitar was made extra-perfect by the Peavey Wolfgang Custom Shop in preparation for the Custom Shop's marketing push at the winter NAMM show when the shop opened. The NAMM show is where the industry views all the new music lines and places orders for the music store chains, etc. So manufacturers know that this is the one place that they have to bring out their absolute finest and most killer presentations, as this show drives market saturation and translates into sales. The NAMM show display models have that one extra layer of clear coat, that one extra buffing, that one extra special piece of wood that the shop had been saving. This guitar was one of the first ever produced by Peavey's Custom Shop - before it was even open, in order to show the trade the awesomeness of the custom shop models. That makes this guitar a prototype or Custom Shop pre-release. It's also one of the very LAST Wolfgangs to come out of the Custom Shop too, as you'll read below.

But wait, the story's getting even better! At the NAMM show where this guitar made it's debut, there were only TWO Wolfgangs that had rosewood fretboards - this one and one other blue one that was more of a slate or baltic blue color. But this was the only one of those two that has a Floyd Rose tremolo system, as the other one was a hardtail model. Mr. EVH came through the Peavey booth to check out his new Wolfgang display outside of normal hours. And he wanted to hear what the rosewood fingerboard sounded like. And naturally, he reached for the one with the Floyd Rose trem system instead of the hardtail. Well he picked up this guitar and wailed on it for a while in the sound room. And the Peavey sales rep for my area (now with D'Addario) saw him do this. So the sales rep let the dealer that I was buying this guitar from know that Ed had played it for some time. Well I had already spoken up for the guitar and told the dealer that I would buy it at show's end. So Ed having played it was just icing on the cake!! The dealer tried to back out of the deal, as he then had a line of people that wanted the guitar at a higher price.

But hold on, the story gets even better!!! As many who are knowledgeable about the Wolfgangs know, Peavey tests the body at the factory to make sure that the neck joint is tight enough. How they go about doing that is that they place the neck into the body's neckjoint pocket without affixing any neck bolts, and ensure that the tightness of the neck joint with no bolts affixed to it will support the weight of the body. They sort of hang the body by the neck, or pick the body up by the neck to see if it will hold the body. Well, if you're aware of Peavey and Music Man guitars, you know that it's fairly common these days for neck joints to be made so well, and so tight, that you can develop a finish crack in the heel of neck area, where it meets the body. This is really not a sign of poor construction, but rather a sign of exceptional construction. Unlike the days of the ol' Fenders, where you can actually grasp the headstock and shift the neck in the neckjoint pocket and get the tuning and intonation to change. BLECH!!! Well, this guitar developed a significant crack in the heel joint. And not wanting it to go past the expiration of the warranty, I wanted to have Peavey look at it before the warranty expired, to make sure that the crack hadn't gotten into the wood. Well the good folks at Peavey, being ABSOLUTELY SUPERIOR in their customer service work ethic, actually REPLACED THE BODY with a brand new one!!! BUT! This body had even BETTER GRADE OF WOOD than the first!!!! UNBELIEVABLE! I just stood and stared at the guitar in disbelief when it came back for about a half an hour. This body had much more clarity and definition to the flamed maple, and the wide separation to the flame is really amazing looking. I could NOT BELIEVE that they could put any nicer a flamed maple body on it than it already had. But they did it, and under warranty. This is truly the mark of an exceptional company, that places customer service first. But, they did this after the Custom Shop had already closed.

So that makes this guitar one of the very FIRST, AND one of the very LAST guitars to come out of the Wolfgang Custom Shop. Wow, think about that for a minute.

It's a Pre Custom Shop Custom Shop, and a Post Custom Shop Custom Shop. It's been played by Eddie. It's got Rosewood. It's one of only a couple (less than three?) made in this Moonburst color. The body doesn't have a scratch. And now it's just as if you got it new.

The ONLY thing wrong with this guitar is there is a very small nick that you can't feel while you're playing the guitar, where the front of the fingerboard meets the top of the fingerboard. My VERY FIRST performance with this guitar, we were opening for Stryper. I carefully set it string side down against my Mesa Boogie shock rack (did I say very carefully?). And low and behold, my beloved band member accidentally nudged it. The neck slid sideways a few inches and made a very small indention (about the size of the ballpoint tip of a pen -- but we're really splitting hairs here) when it came in contact with the metal corner of the rack. I've actually taken extra time to rub on this every time that I've lemon-oiled the neck, and it's actually loosened up the wood and caused it to shrink back into place some. The neck is absolutely stunning and exceptional, as all the Custom Shop Wolfgangs are. There are no significant nicks or dings of any kind in the back of the neck or the headstock. Headstock is clean with on micro-sized, hard to feel nick about the size of a pinhead. There's a couple places where it looks like my luthier or the Peavey shop might have set the back of the neck on something hard. But those are barely even noticeable by hand, so I'll leave the decision up to you about if you want to use some synthetic 600+ grit paper to lightly buff them out. I didn't actually even notice them until I just looked over the guitar one last time to be accurate in writing this description. There's some obvious plastic button contact on the back plastic cover plates - easily rubbed out or replaced altogether. I usually even tried to wear shirts without even plastic buttons when playing this guitar. The case isn't perfect, as it's been shipped, etc., but it's in perfect working order. And if having a perfectly unscathed one is an issue for you, I can put you in contact with someone who has a new one for under $75. But to me, a case is to protect a guitar. And this one has, but it's not been abused in any way. Just be aware that it's got some nicks and scratches from putting it in the SUV, or shipping it to Peavey.

Peavey also buffed the frets when they recently replaced the body. So the guitar is literally in a state of brand new playability.

So if it's such a magnificent, awesome guitar, then why am I selling, right? Well for many reasons. I'm a full time professional player. And first off, I have a number of Wolfgangs, because they're such AMAZING guitars. I played a Wolfgang Goldtop all the way through G.I.T. in Hollywood, and I played that one so much, that it now has to be completely re-fretted. I have a dozen or more guitars total. But all my other guitars are more 'player' type guitars. I can take them to gigs, not worry about if they get nicked with a microphone cable, or a clumsy sound guy with a mic stand, etc. This particular guitar is SOOO nice, that it actually scares me to take it out and gig with it regularly. I need guitars that I can handle and not worry about. And with this having a brand new body, I figured that it's time to allow someone else to enjoy it in that state. And lastly, as with all gear sales on eBay, I need the money freed up for other musican endeavors.

One of the other Moonburst Custom Shop Wolfgangs just sold this week on eBay, and was snagged early with Buy It Now for $2,400. Check for yourself and see. It's a great week for Moonburst Custom Shops, yes? :) That guitar had an ebony fretboard. Ebony is superior with a Mahogany body, but not with a Basswood/Maple top body, which the Wolfgangs are made of. The hardness of ebony makes it too bright with that combination. On this guitar, the Rosewood fretbaord is buttery smooth tonewise. It's silky sounding, where the Maple is bright & punchy, and the Ebony is just bright (TOO bright IMHO) without the mahogany to offset it.

So if you want an utterly amazing guitar, with QUITE a history and a story behind it, this is the one for you. Don't wait, as Buy It Now could end the auction at any moment - as it did the other one this week. And you just KNOW that missing this auction will keep you up at night. So act fast, before it's gone. Isn't it time that you spoiled yourself with a REAL guitar for once?

Also, more history on this guitar... my band won "Best Hard Rock" band of the year at the Orange County Music Awards for 2004. I played this guitar for all the studio work. You can hear me wailing on some really great cuts with this guitar being played through amps owned by the band LIT on our website at www.bohmusic dot com.

If you are in need of any additional pictures, please just ask and I will be happy to oblige.

Happy bidding.

ELVIS
11-04-2005, 08:01 PM
How can a microphone cable nick a guitar ??

Matt White
11-04-2005, 08:19 PM
"Rosewood" neck.....no thanks........

Hardrock69
11-07-2005, 01:33 PM
What microphone cable?
:confused:

Elvis you really need to learn how to read!!!

ELVIS
11-07-2005, 02:25 PM
No, It's you that needs to learn to read, Fuckface69...

I can take them to gigs, not worry about if they get nicked with a microphone cable, or a clumsy sound guy with a mic stand, etc.

:elvis: