PDA

View Full Version : GOP Leaders to Bush: 'Your Presidency is Effectively Over'

Hardrock69
11-07-2005, 02:27 AM
*HR69 Note: The following was written by the same guy who writes a new article about once a month repeating the story that GW Bush routinely cusses out his staff, has violent outbursts with no warning, and seems to be coming unhinged. However, there are some valid points in this article.*

By DOUG THOMPSON
Nov 4, 2005, 08:13

A growing number of Republican leaders, party strategists and political professional now privately tell President George W. Bush that his presidency "is effectively over" unless he fires embattled White House advisor Karl Rove, apologizes to the American people for misleading the country into war and revamps his administration from top to bottom.

"The only show of unity we have now in the Republican Party is the belief that the President has failed the party, the American people and the presidency," says a longtime, and angry, GOP strategist.

With the public face of support for Bush eroding daily from even diehard Republicans, the President faces mounting anger from within his party over the path that may well lead to loss of control of Congress in the 2006 midterm elections and the White House in 2008.

"This presidency is in trouble," says a senior White House aide. "Even worse, I don't know if there is a way out of the trouble."

Congressional leaders journeyed to the White House before Bush left on his South American tour this week to tell the President that his legislative agenda on the Hill is dead, his latest Supreme Court nominee faces a tough confirmation fight in the Senate and he is facing open revolt within party ranks.

"The Speaker is having an increasingly difficult time holding his troops in line," says a source within the office of House Speaker Dennis J. Hastert. "Anger at the President grows exponentially with each passing day."

At a recent White House strategy session, internal party pollsters told the President that his approval rating with Americans continues to slide and may be irreversible, citing his failed Iraq war, the failed Supreme Court nomination of Harriet Miers and his failure to deal decisively on a number of fronts, including Hurricane Katrina, the economy and the Valerie Plame scandal.

In meetings, leaders and strategists have suggested a number of things that Bush must do to try and save his presidency and GOP prospects in upcoming elections, including:

* Apologize to the American people, Congress and our allies for misleading them on the reasons for invading Iraq;
* Revamp the White House staff from top to bottom;
* Fire Rove.

"We keep coming back to Rove," says a GOP pollster. "He has escaped indictment, so far, but the feeling within the party is that another shoe is ready to drop and the longer he waits to jettison Rove the greater the damage. As long as Karl Rove remains at the President's side, the Bush presidency is effectively over and he is just riding out the days until the nation elects a Democrat to replace him. Even with Rove gone the damage may be irreparable."

Bush, however, has dug his heels in on Rove. When a GOP strategist suggested last weekend that the President fire Rove, Bush exploded.

"You go to hell," he screamed at the strategist. "You can leave and you can take the rest of these lily-livered motherfuckers with you!" The President then stormed out of the room and refused to meet further with any other party leaders or strategists.

Bush's escalating temper tantrums and his intransigence on political issues increase Republican worries about the long term effects on both his presidency and the party's prospects in upcoming elections.

"Right now, George W. Bush is the Republican Party's chief liability," says a GOP strategist who has advised Presidential campaigns for 30 years. "The entire political future of the party and perhaps the nation now rests on the shoulders of a President that no one - Democrat or Republican - believes in or trusts."

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7617.shtml

FORD
11-07-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm not about to excuse Junior for anything, and I still believe the man is an idiot. But I believe there's something else at work here. You see old videos of Junior early in his campaign in 1999, and he's still an imbecile, but a far more coherent imbecile than he is now.

It's very comparable to what you see with Ozzy Osbourne or Anna Nicole Smith on their reality shows, compared to older footage of each one. And it's a fact that their problems were based on prescription medications.

It's long been rumored that the Chimp is concealing a neurological disorder. Clearly he's on something, and though I joke about it occasionally, I don't think it's the Peruvian flake this time.

Anyone who saw the Ozzy or Anna Nicole shows would have to question the legal competency of such people. I believe that under the 25th Ammendment, there might be grounds to remove Junior from office on the same grounds.

After Cheney is indicted/impeached/has the "big one", of course.

BigBadBrian
11-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by FORD

After Cheney is indicted/impeached/has the "big one", of course.

PRESIDENT RICE
http://www.horaz.com/horazyclopedia/Photos/Rice_Condoleeza/01_STD/CondiRice_001.jpg

Nothing like an incumbent to win in '08.

:gulp:

Cathedral
11-07-2005, 12:04 PM
He's sunk without Rove so his alleged response to firing him does make sense.
This Administration is over no matter how you look at it, he will have to come to grips with reality and spend the remainder of his time doing damage control or things are going to be tough for any Conservative running for any office.

But i don't see Bush caring much about anyone else at this point. he's too angry that things exploded and he doesn't like being advised on anything it seems.

Fuck Him, he made his bed and now we're going to make him lay in it.

Phil theStalker
11-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
He's sunk without Rove so his alleged response to firing him does make sense.
This Administration is over no matter how you look at it, he will have to come to grips with reality and spend the remainder of his time doing damage control or things are going to be tough for any Conservative running for any office.

But i don't see Bush caring much about anyone else at this point. he's too angry that things exploded and he doesn't like being advised on anything it seems.

Fuck Him, he made his bed and now we're going to make him lay in it.
When 'damage control' takes up t2oo much of the President's time it's not good f4or the nation so Bush will have to RESIGN the Presidency just like Nixon did for the good of the country.

And then President Rice can pardon everybody.

She'll lose the White House nomination of their party...HAHAHA, could you see all of those WHITEY whites in the 'homeland' and all the 'red' states trying to vote for a BLACK WOMAN...HAHAHA, then they'll know they really screwed themselves voting f4or Bush and his 'values' and his 'friends'...and his friends values like Rice. Man, she has got da same values as da WHITE farmer in da red states - they are all o1ne RAINBOW republican party. hahah..not! haha

Poor republican creeps.

A black woman President Rice is a BLOWBACK if it comes to that.

haha

:spank:

BUSH SHOULD RESIGN
It's early, but after February and Scooter's trial begins in the PUBLIC DOMAIN it will lead to Cheney and from Cheney to Bush to lie about the war's phony, fake, forged intelligence and cover-up order were given from the top, or the White House, i.e., Chimpman himself.

Hardrock69
11-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Well, it is not only not good for the U.S., but as we are the preeminent free country on Earth, and the most powerful, it is not good for the world at large.

Look at how the Iraq War has fucked up our standing in the International Community...