PDA

View Full Version : I just voted using a Diebold electronic machine.

BigBadBrian
11-08-2005, 05:29 PM
No more Floridas.

No more whining about chads or this or that.

It' idiot proof....even Keeyth could do it! :D

Yes, there will still be a potential for cheating.

There always is when humans are involved (particularly Democrats ;) ).

But this IS IT PEOPLE.

Good Day.

Peace, Love, and Roth -n- Roll!!!!

:killer: :killer: :killer:

Warham
11-08-2005, 05:41 PM
It's a conspiracy!

knuckleboner
11-08-2005, 05:42 PM
we've had them for the last 2 elections.

i LOVE 'em.

(kaine 49-47...;))

FORD
11-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
we've had them for the last 2 elections.

i LOVE 'em.

(kaine 49-47...;))

Not if Diebold machines are being used. After the tabulators are "adjusted" it will be:

Kilgore 51
Kaine 49

And since it's Virginia, nobody will probably even question it.

Warham
11-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Any method of tabulating votes is subject to tampering.

Remember those people down in Florida five years ago? Getting out their magnifying glasses, trying to 'read' the ballots.

'Yes, yes, I think I see a vote for Gore here!'

FORD
11-08-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm nervous enough about the switch to optical scan ballots here. It's true that a paper ballot is used, but once the ballot is scanned, it still becomes a number in a hackable database. We don't have any statewide candidates this year, but we do have ballot measures where the outcomes concern the insurance industry, big tobacco, and other Repuke strongholds, so hacking wouldn't surprise me.

FORD
11-08-2005, 07:00 PM
November 8, 2005
Voters report problems with voting machines in Roanoke Co.

Election day voting is going on across the Old Dominion, but everything has not gone smoothly in Roanoke County.

News 7 has received calls from several voters in at least four different precincts who say their votes for Tim Kaine were not recorded or took several attempts to go through.

They contend the electronic touch screens repeatedly indicated they were voting for Republican candidate Jerry Kilgore instead of registering their intended vote for his Democratic opponent Tim Kaine.

Roanoke Co. Registrar Judy Stokes says she doesn't want to say the problem is operator error on the part of the voters, but she points out the touch screens are sensitive. She says anyone who is having difficulty voting should ask one of the poll workers for assistance.

State election officials have been told of the problem. They believe if there is a problem, it could have been caused by the way the machines were stored. :rolleyes:

The Kaine compaign is reportedly watching the situation in Roanoke County.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=4089899

Warham
11-08-2005, 07:02 PM
I'd like to actually SEE the people who are doing the complaining, and to verify that they have IQs over 50. I think alot of problems at voting places can be attributed to people being idiots and not reading and understanding directions.

FORD
11-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Brian managed to vote, didn't he?

So I guess that proves low IQ isn't a barrier here ;)

ELVIS
11-08-2005, 07:40 PM
How do we know they aren't LCE (Liberal Criminal Empire) plants ??

Warham
11-08-2005, 07:43 PM
lol

DCE plants.

Dean Criminal Empire.

Yeeeearrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

FORD
11-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
How do we know they aren't LCE (Liberal Criminal Empire) plants ??

Diebold is a Republican owned corporation, and they employ Republican hackers.

And obviously, there's no such thing as a "LCE" :(

FORD
11-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Warham
lol

DCE plants.

Dean Criminal Empire.

Yeeeearrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

Yeah why don't you talk shit about one of the few honest men in politics..... And then bitch about not being able to change the system later.

ELVIS
11-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Obviously, there's no such thing as a "BCE" !!

ELVIS
11-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeeeearrrrrrgggggghhhhhh !!

:elvis:

ODShowtime
11-08-2005, 08:22 PM
uh... When the chief executive of Diebold says he is

committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year.

what more do you need to hear?

Va Beach VH Fan
11-08-2005, 08:38 PM
I've got the results getting refreshed realtime, starting to look like the Dems will retain Virginia:

http://sbe.virginiainteractive.org/

FORD
11-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Apparently they have just projected Kaine the winner.

Congratulations, VA!

Warham
11-08-2005, 09:15 PM
So much for some conspiracy.

ELVIS
11-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Liberals suck...

FORD
11-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Liberals suck...

Apparently the citizens of Virginia and New Jersey don't think so :cool:

FORD
11-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Funny how the whore media channels suddenly lost interest in the elections after Democratic wins in VA and NJ.

We now go to FAUX News correspondent Officer Barbrady in South Park Colorado.....

http://mzarlenga.com/barbrady_2.jpg

"Move along now, nothing to see here......."

rustoffa
11-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Yeah why don't you talk shit about one of the few honest men in politics..... And then bitch about not being able to change the system later.

I dunno man, I ran across this article earlier....I need to go find it.

Dean weighed in on the local "produce valid identification @ the polls" uprising in a BIG way. Fucking Cynthia was mentioned in it.

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE.

Hang on.

FORD
11-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeeeearrrrrrgggggghhhhhh !!

Here's your Yeeeearrrrrrgggggghhhhhh !! right here....

Dean Statement on the Resounding Democratic Victories Across the Country

11/8/2005 10:46:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: National Desk, Political Reporter

Contact: Karen Finney of Democratic National Committee, 202-863-8148

WASHINGTON, Nov. 8 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean issued the following statement on the resounding Democratic victories in elections in New Jersey, Virginia, and across the country:

"The resounding victories tonight by Jon Corzine and Tim Kaine have sent a powerful message that when Democrats stand up for what we believe in, we win. They showed that the values and priorities of the Democratic Party are the values and priorities of the American people.

"Jon Corzine and Tim Kaine were strong candidates who offered vision and leadership based on the shared values and priorities of the voters of New Jersey and Virginia. They worked hard to earn the trust and the votes of the people in their states by not taking a single vote or voter for granted.

"Also tonight, voters all across the country delivered a resounding message: Americans are tired of the politics of hate and divisiveness, and voted for strong Democratic candidates who offered true leadership for their states and communities. These candidates showed exactly what our party is going to do to stand up and win in 2006."

----

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee, http://www.democrats.org . This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

http://www.usnewswire.com /

Hardrock69
11-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Hmmm...whether Democratic candidates actually stand for true leadership remains to be seen.

Just because Scream-Boy says it does not make it so.

This is an indicator though that at least in those states, the voting public wanted those candidates in office.

Whether it is solely because they are Democrats remains to be seen.

If the Democrats win by a landslide next year, then it will be obvious that The People Of The United States will have spoken as to their Party preference.

I personally prefer the Lesbian Dope-Smoking Rock Musicians Party.

They run on the platform of Free Dope and Fucking In The Streets!
:cool:

ELVIS
11-09-2005, 12:27 AM
"Scream boy"

:D

ELVIS
11-09-2005, 12:30 AM
What Dean said in the above post is nothing more than a repeat of the current liberal talking points...

Too bad they don't have a good used car salesman like Bill Clinton to deliver it...

Hardrock69
11-09-2005, 12:54 AM
LMFAO!!!!

No shit....

"Come on down here and we will give you a rebate of 5,000 votes if you buy one of our 1996 model used Congressmen!"

:D

FORD
11-09-2005, 02:25 AM
More good news...

It seems that Herr Gropenator's attempt to redistrict Colleeforneea to force it into being a "red" state has failed, along with several other GOP led initiatives.

Washington's ballot initiatives, meanwhile, are very close at present. As I said earlier, I'm skeptical of the scanners.....

Warham
11-09-2005, 06:49 AM
New Jersey is never going to have a GOP governor, so it's not a big surprise that Corzine won.

And in good news, the voters in Texas (that state you liberals refer to as one of those redneck states) voted heavily in favor of a gay marriage ban.

Cathedral
11-09-2005, 07:14 AM
I love it how Liberals jump on the fraud wagon before the votes are even cast and then fade of into the darkness when their boy or girl comes out the victor.

So tell me, how many times did the sky actually fall where it wasn't just you guys standing up to fast?

But i think i get it now, it isn't that the people simply don't vote you in, it's that if you don't win it always has to be fraud...that's so damned funny it makes me hurt from laughing.

I mean it couldn't possibly be fair if the Democrats don't win, right?

BULLSHIT, and we're talking big smelly patties at that.

Just more proof that the Liberals feel they don't have to earn anything on their own, they just treat it like another social program where they feel the power is just going to be handed to them because of the failures of another.

Y'all need to get a grip and buy stock in this little thing we call reality.

Nickdfresh
11-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Liberals suck...

But you suck harder...

BigBadBrian
11-09-2005, 08:22 AM
The excuses were out before the results were even in.

How amazing. :)

Will all the other Democratic candidates make excuses before hand when they get thrashed by Hillary in '08?

In this election, a Democrat won.

I will do my best to support him other than some of the measures where I was alreadly clearly at odds with him before the race. There's no sense whining about the outcome like someone in Washington state did about his governor's race last year. ;)

Yes, people, like it or not, Diebold voting machines are the thing of the future.

There are no paper trails.

None are needed.

Do we have a paper trail now?

No.

If they have to "recount," it's really not a recount but a determination of three people looking at a paper punch ballot and trying to determine what a person's vote was.

That is not the way to do things.

If someone recounted my vote like that in my precinct I would be outraged.

This is the Digital Age.™

There is software and methods and enough people with the integrity to ensure these machines are used properly. Get used to it. It's here to stay. Now, I think I'm going to see about buying some Diebold stock. :D

http://pcworld.com/news/graphics/115608-2206P121_6B.jpg

:gulp:

Hardrock69
11-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Actually buying some Dibold stock is a wise thing to do.

They are going to make huge amounts of cash as a result of payoffs by for allowing their voting machines to be tampered with.

Their stock will do nothing but go up as a result.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Apparently they have just projected Kaine the winner.

Congratulations, VA!

Virginia is kinda strange (you guys know I'm not originally from VA, I'm a PA boy)...

Virginia now has a back-to-back Democratic governor (if you didn't know, Virginia is the only state that has a one-term limit for governor)...

But the state hasn't voted Democrat in the Presidential election since LBJ in '64.....

I just find that strange...

Hardrock69
11-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Oops..I menat DIEbold stock.

FORD
11-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Virginia is kinda strange (you guys know I'm not originally from VA, I'm a PA boy)...

Virginia now has a back-to-back Democratic governor (if you didn't know, Virginia is the only state that has a one-term limit for governor)...

But the state hasn't voted Democrat in the Presidential election since LBJ in '64.....

I just find that strange...

It does seem strange, but then how often has "liberal" California had a Republican governor? They had Reagan for two terms, and he was the scary end of the right wing at the time.

Diebold machines and other fraud potential all aside, it just shows how this whole red/blue state thing is really meaningless in the end. All the states are purple. Even Utah. Not always the same shade of purple though.

ELVIS
11-09-2005, 11:34 AM
They had Reagan for two terms, and he was the scary end of the right wing at the time.

How so, Mr. Conspiracy ??

FORD
11-09-2005, 02:11 PM
How so, Mr. Conspiracy ??

How so what?

Reagan, with help from Falwell & Robertson, pretty much created the whole "religious reich" business. It's pretty self explanatory from there.

BigBadBrian
11-09-2005, 04:02 PM
How so what?

Reagan, with help from Falwell & Robertson, pretty much created the whole "religious reich" business. It's pretty self explanatory from there.

There is no Religious Right.

It is a figment of the media's imagination to create stories for "us" to talk about and blame elections on when things don't go the way we like them to.

BigBadBrian
11-09-2005, 04:04 PM
I already know where this is going....

...my crystal ball is working excellently. :)

knuckleboner
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I love it how Liberals jump on the fraud wagon before the votes are even cast and then fade of into the darkness when their boy or girl comes out the victor.

hey now. i loved our eletronic voting machines when bush won virginia. i loved them when i voted yesterday. and i love them after the right guy won.(;))

but i WOULD have still loved them had the opposite occurred...

ODShowtime
11-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
The excuses were out before the results were even in.

How amazing. :)

Will all the other Democratic candidates make excuses before hand when they get thrashed by Hillary in '08?

Show me a single democratic candidate that complained before the votes were tallied :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
11-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yes, people, like it or not, Diebold voting machines are the thing of the future.

There are no paper trails.

None are needed.

This is the Digital Age.™

There is software and methods and enough people with the integrity to ensure these machines are used properly.

oh man, this long-winded nonsense deserves a double retort.

You actually support Diebold? You don't understand that every machine they make has a verifiable paper trail except the voting machines? You didn't read my quote above from the CEO?

You are a fuckin Nazi!

Cathedral
11-09-2005, 10:28 PM
I like them, and i'm going to apply for a job at Diebold CRC just down the road...the place that makes those bloody machines, lol.

That place is always hiring, and i was kidding about working there. :)

They are pretty cool to use though, as long as fraud can be effectively defeated, i think they'll work much better than the CHAD cards.

However, some people won't trust any result that isn't the desired one. and if most results surprisingly go in their favor there will be nothing said about that aspect...in fact smiles will abound and all will be good in the land of Liberalites.

It is for this reason i would love to see Democrats win every seat they go after in '06 and '08...Hell no i don't want that, but i would love proof that fear of these machines is misplaced.

Hardrock69
11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey, if you get a job working for them, see if you can find out if anyone tampers with the things.

You can be our 'mole' in their organization!
:cool:

ELVIS
11-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Wasn't Viking working for them ast one point ??

FORD
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Wasn't Viking working for them ast one point ??

I don't think he mentioned them specifically, but he did imply that he was working for some BCE-affiliated company that I wouldn't like.

diamondD
11-10-2005, 01:51 PM
What was it, a successful business?

BigBadBrian
11-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
oh man, this long-winded nonsense deserves a double retort.

You actually support Diebold? You don't understand that every machine they make has a verifiable paper trail except the voting machines? You didn't read my quote above from the CEO?

You are a fuckin Nazi!

Yes, I support it.

Without question.

I am in the software game and can tell you this paper trail whining is just a bunch of nonsense.

Punch cards are not a paper trail.

Especially when they have been shown to be possibly the easiest method to cheat with. Make a new card, run it through a machine, and you now have as many votes as you please.

Within 10 years, people will be voting from home via the Internet. It's just a matter of security. They're working on it already.