PDA

View Full Version : New U2 DVD Out Tuesday: Vertigo 05': Live from Chicago

Nickdfresh
11-13-2005, 10:48 AM
This one caught me completely by surprise. I saw it to day in the TARGET newspaper flyer, they're advertising it on sale for $12...

Not a bad deal.

http://www.dvdtown.com/media/coverart/big/17276.jpg

Track List:

Special Features

Disc 1:
* City Of Blinding Lights
* Vertigo
* Elevation
* Cry/Electric Co.
* An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
* Beautiful Day
* New Year’s Day
* Miracle Drug
* Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
* Love And Peace Or Else
* Sunday Bloody Sunday
* Bullet The Blue Sky
* Running To Standstill
* Pride (In The Name Of Love)
* Where The Streets Have No Name
* One
* Zoo Station
* The Fly
* Mysterious Ways
* All Because Of You
* Original Of The Species
* Yahweh
Disc 2:
* BEYOND THE TOUR –

DOCUMENTARY - Directed by Erica Forstadt

* Surveillance Cuts - Love And Peace Or Else, An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Cry/Electric Co., Running To Stand Still -Concept, direction and photography by Willie Williams.

* Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own – Alternative Video
* Directed by Phil Joanou

Synopsis
From U2.com:
Vertigo 05 LIVE DVD, out mid November. ‘Vertigo 2005//U2 Live from Chicago’ will be released on November 14th. Here’s the scoop! Filmed at the United Center Chicago on 9th and 10th May this year by Hamish Hamilton, the Vertigo 2005 DVD brings Vertigo 05 tour to the small screen.

The DVD comes on two discs. The first comes with the full live show, directed by Hamish Hamilton who directed both of U2's previous million selling live DVDs . The second disc is full of bonus material including Beyond The Tour, an intimate behind the scenes documentary.

But it also comes with something unique to the Vertigo Tour – a startling 'surveillance cuts’ version of the Chicago show. Conceived and filmed by U2’s longtime Show Director Willie Williams, the footage uses four remote controlled black and white infra-red surveillance cameras. Trust us – it offers a totally different perspective on the show. (You might even be on it!)

Cast and Crew of U2: Live From Chicago - Vertigo//2005 Deluxe Editon
Starring:

U2
Bono
Edge
Adam Clayton
Larry Mullen Jr

Directed by:
Hamish Hamilton

http://www.dvdtown.com/discdetails/u2livefromchicago-vertigo2005/17276/

PHOENIX
11-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Sounds good.

Hardrock69
11-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Wow. Kool.

I might check this out.

Satan
11-14-2005, 12:51 AM
I know those guys work for the other team, but even the Devil can appreciate U2.

Nickdfresh
11-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Took the day off, picked this up, and have to say it looks and sounds beautiful....

Better than "Elevation: U2 Live From Boston" does...

The old stuff sounds really good too. "Electric Co." just is amazing with BONO smashing the symbols with his mic. (and LARRY looking a little pissed).

Alex Mogilny
11-15-2005, 12:43 PM
UGH...more fucking U2

I'm headed to Grimey's this afternoon...I might purchase.

David Lee Rocks
11-17-2005, 09:47 PM
I bought mine, interesting though, I got thre version for $12.99 at best buy, but its only the concert, no extras!! GRRRRRRR, then I find out theres a two disc version, well, guess now I gotta go buy that one, LOL

Hardrock69
11-18-2005, 12:10 AM
I will want the 2-disc version.