PDA

View Full Version : Fuck no I don't want Necroposting

Hardrock69
11-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Listening to Tokyo, June 1978 right now.

1. They can never recapture that shit-hot intensity they once had.

2. Ed is a lame old pop music pussy. He might want to vomit on his guitar from too much Night Train as his "guitar solo".

3. Alex will sit behind his kit in a full body cast.

4. Uncle Dave will be as great as he can be, but as any rock musician knows, a band is only as good as it's weakest link. And in this case, the Sisters would cancel out anything good that the bass player or Uncle Dave might bring to the table.

5. They could not possibly get more than a few shows into a tour before Ed would break down sobbing because "Mommy Dave hurt me!!!".

6. Dave and the bass player do not need the kash.

7. God knows they do not need the aggravation of trying to drag a couple of losers around on a major tour.

We got what we wanted out of them. Some great albums, some kickass tours, and some great memories for anyone who saw them (and some lame memories for anyone who saw the post-1986 pathetic excuse for a CVH cover band that was called 'van-hagar').

Dave has his great career ahead of him in radio.

the bass player has a great future as a sideman and hot sauce salesman.

Ed has no future, other than as a taster for the Heineken Brewery.

Al has no future except for being a 5th-rate boxer promoting himself fighting women in the ring and getting his ass kicked every night.

We had fun.

Let's move on....

DrMaddVibe
11-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I was hot for a reunion...then 96 happened.

I was thinking that maybe Ed and Dave might be able to do something but his meltdowns on stage signalled the death knell for the CVH reunion.

After seeing Dave last night...I don't want to see one either. It would be a plea for help to bail out the Van Halen legacy that they willingly shit upon.

I'm lucky to have seen the Mighty Van Halen 3 times, Van Hagar...once(it was the Monsters of Rock tour...like after seeing the lineup you wouldn't go!) and Dave 6 times...now 7.

I KNOW what side my bread is buttered on and I know what I like.

Fuck the sisters, bassplayer and Spammy Wabo!

NO to a reunion show!

Terry
11-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah, but it doesn't have to have white-hot intensity to be able to groove on and have a good time seeing....

I dunno. Am not hoping and praying they get back together, either, but I think now instead of being anti-reunion, I'm more of a mind now towards if it happens I'll try and get tix and go and have a good time.

Am just looking at it without the expectations I once had of it, because CVH wouldn't be able to recreate the fury of their heyday anyway, no matter how much work they put into it. 1978-1984 is long gone. Would just be good to see them play that stuff one more time and end the band on a positive note (for fucks sake just keep Red Tubs away from it), giving people a good show and a good night out.

Doubtful it'll happen anyway, and won't break my heart if it doesn't, so all of this is academic in the end.

cwsmith17
11-13-2005, 09:45 PM
I love Dave, but it's a fact. His voice isn't what it used to be. A reunion would be cool just to see them on stage again, but it will never happen.

DrMaddVibe
11-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Terry, the sisters won't allow it.

They santioned Spammy Wabo...TWICE! Then in a fit they threw GArY in the middle to prove what?

I'm tellin' ya its the sisters that are washed up...NOT Dave.

During Running With The Devil last night in Orlando he belted out a scream that told me he can STILL reach down and pull it out when he wants.

Perhaps seeing EdWad lose the neck while playing and throwing his guitar around onstage during a concert is fine with you, but for the money those jagoffs fleeced...they should've played their asses off instead of mailing it in...they're through and for Dave's sake I hope he NEVER sets foot on a stage with them again. I do hope that Dave can persuade EdWad to get some professional help for his alcoholism though.

Hardrock69
11-13-2005, 10:43 PM
I agree with Herr Doktor.

It is The Sisters that are washed up.

Dave is the one who has consistently had something going on ever since he left VH.

The Sisters will do something, then it will blow up. Then there is a gap of months or years while they try to pull their heads out of each other's asses.

Then they repeat the scenario.

In the meantime, Uncle Dave has steadily been trucking along.

Dave is going to be a CURRENT celebrity presence until the day he dies or decides to hang it up.

The Sisters were already has-beens before they launched the "FUCK THE FANS" Tour in 2004...

John Holmes
11-14-2005, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by cwsmith17
I love Dave, but it's a fact. His voice isn't what it used to be. A reunion would be cool just to see them on stage again, but it will never happen.

Eddie isn't what he used to be too.

The advantage though is the average level of bands, in terms of musicianship, during the eighties was very high, and they would be still viable as a band.

Maybe not exactly the same kind of music in the same tone, but they can definitely be current and succesful. There's a lot in them still. At least, in Dave.

If we believe what Eddie said, he's written a lot of music and it's known fact Spammy has shitty tastes, so the worst songs ended up in the compilation the fat lady sang on.

franksters
11-14-2005, 08:44 AM
You have no say here my little johnny faggot slapin bitch, go get fucked by your uncle and bring assbush and lobolarvo with you.

You really are a BREEDY bunch of racist bastards.

franksters
11-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I agree with Herr Doktor.

It is The Sisters that are washed up.

Dave is the one who has consistently had something going on ever since he left VH.

The Sisters will do something, then it will blow up. Then there is a gap of months or years while they try to pull their heads out of each other's asses.

Then they repeat the scenario.

In the meantime, Uncle Dave has steadily been trucking along.

Dave is going to be a CURRENT celebrity presence until the day he dies or decides to hang it up.

The Sisters were already has-beens before they launched the "FUCK THE FANS" Tour in 2004...

You guys summed it up pretty good, the sisters aren't what they used to be and Ed as no more fury in him, he gives me the feeling that he's done it all...

Dave is now starting a new era for himself and he will shine as usual!

John Holmes
11-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by franksters
You have no say here my little johnny faggot slapin bitch, go get fucked by your uncle and bring assbush and lobolarvo with you.

You really are a BREEDY bunch of racist bastards.

Hey fartsters, I guess anybody knows quite well you're my personal illiterated bitch.

But now I am busy, so go back to the closet eating your feet's fingernails.

You can harass me only when I ask you to, you funny slave boy with a spelling deficit ;)

franksters
11-14-2005, 09:29 AM
holmes go support your familly, and where is that picture of you and your beamer... Another lie.

facia de culo.

John Holmes
11-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by franksters
holmes go support your familly, and where is that picture of you and your beamer... Another lie.

facia de culo.

I said go back in the closet, bitch :) Not in this thread.

Btw, don't try to write in Italian. First learn English.

franksters
11-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Where is that picture little johnny boy, figlio di gotta.

roryrobson666
11-14-2005, 11:25 AM
i would be up for a CVH reunion, because, i never got to see em' with dave, and obiously i would love to, (and sammy doesnt cut the mustard with dave era stuff). CVH CVH CVH!!!!!

franksters
11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
I wish you get to see it, but I doubt it...

DrMaddVibe
11-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Your generation is hooked on rap...you won't see this "dream" become a reality.

The sisters shit where they ate and would wipe their ass with you, me and every other fan that's shelled out money to listen to them...if they do it with their own legacy what makes you safe?

Fuck 'em.

ROTH ON!

Diamondjimi
11-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by John(I only buttfucked a few guys) Holmes
"Hey fartsters, I guess anybody knows quite well you're my personal illiterated bitch."

DUMBSHIT it's just "illiterate".......

"But now I am busy, so go back to the closet eating your feet's fingernails. "

BWAHAHAHAHA......you actually think fingernails grow on toes ?

"I'm too busy trying to satisfy my cravings for da cock to worry about spellin or fancy booklearnin !"

There's a surprise !;)

Did'nt you start a "I'm leaving " thread ?

You're still fucking here , and you're still OWNED at every turn.....DICKHEAD (see avatar)

Vinnie Velvet
11-14-2005, 12:52 PM
If not a full blown Reunion tour or album, at least they could collaborate on a DVD project (live footage of vids and interviews, 1978 (possibly earlier-club days) to 1984).

At least do that much.

Balue
11-14-2005, 07:32 PM
It's clear from the site homepage that much of the forum content is likely to offend, but still I'm suprised to find Nazis posting here. Personally I think allowing a signature that quotes Hitler in an apparently non-ironic context is way over the line. I note the mods champion free speech and don't give a fuck.

Well done. Dave must be so proud of all of you.

franksters
11-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi Balue, i'm not a mod and unfortunatly there are 3 assholes on stalking this web site with their white supremacist garbage, no one here is like that, a lot of people are after them now so they leave this site 4 ever...

enjoy this cool website and please don't judge Roth Army based on these idiot that are trying to shock and offend people.

accept my apologies on behalf of every member here...exept those 3

john holmes
sagebrush
larbo

look around there is a lot of cool stuff!

Terry
11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Terry, the sisters won't allow it.

They santioned Spammy Wabo...TWICE! Then in a fit they threw GArY in the middle to prove what?

I'm tellin' ya its the sisters that are washed up...NOT Dave.

During Running With The Devil last night in Orlando he belted out a scream that told me he can STILL reach down and pull it out when he wants.

Perhaps seeing EdWad lose the neck while playing and throwing his guitar around onstage during a concert is fine with you, but for the money those jagoffs fleeced...they should've played their asses off instead of mailing it in...they're through and for Dave's sake I hope he NEVER sets foot on a stage with them again. I do hope that Dave can persuade EdWad to get some professional help for his alcoholism though.

Oh no, don't get me wrong...I wouldn't be okay with Ed fumbling aorund onstage like a drunken stumblebum were CVH to reunite.

Am definitely not one of those who wants a CVH reunion at ANY cost, regardless of the outcome, just sos we can see those four onstage together again.

But if all four of them got their heads on straight, and dedicated themselves to some solid rehearsal time and went out for a one-time, oldies only tour, it could potentially be something that wouldn't leave us shaking our heads in disgust (unlike Van Halen 3 or Sam Halen 2004).

Have to imagine if Ed isn't able to cut it, Dave wouldn't associate himself with a reunion. Have no doubt Roth wants to get back with VH, but he would insist on it being done right. The man still knows what quality control is.

DrMaddVibe
11-15-2005, 07:45 AM
That's why I don't see it happening as well.

Dave would want to sit in the driver's seat like he used to and I don't see the sisters giving up the seat or shotgun for the sake of recovering their tarnished legacy.

They're done...put a fork in them. That's why Dave's movin' on to radio and what I see as a step to television. He knows that they're beyond salvaging. It would take 2 years of dry out time, rehab and then getting back to business...then how old will they be? Then put them on the road? The obstacles are to huge to overcome with the sisters.

Cut and run...remember them for what they were and what they did.

roryrobson666
11-15-2005, 07:51 AM
i still would love to see the original v/h, because i havent!!! even if they were crap, i need to... thats if they fucking came to europe anyway!!!! i personally think they will never reform, doesnt that make you feel sad? it makes me feel sad....

Terry
11-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
That's why I don't see it happening as well.

Dave would want to sit in the driver's seat like he used to and I don't see the sisters giving up the seat or shotgun for the sake of recovering their tarnished legacy.

They're done...put a fork in them. That's why Dave's movin' on to radio and what I see as a step to television. He knows that they're beyond salvaging. It would take 2 years of dry out time, rehab and then getting back to business...then how old will they be? Then put them on the road? The obstacles are to huge to overcome with the sisters.

Cut and run...remember them for what they were and what they did.

Yep. The 1996 window was the best chance. Since they let that slip away, time has been working against them to the point now where it might not be doable.

Plus, you do have a point. Ed and Al have been running the show (into the ground) for so long now, and probably think they're doing fine at it. Am sure Dave's input is something nobody on Howdy Doody Mountain feels is needed.

Figs
12-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Abso-fucking-lutely!