PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stones/Metallica SBC Park 11/13 review

tsqaure
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Well I'd like to first to say I bought the tix before Metallica was announced as the opener.I wrote off Metallica after the Black album. This was my fifth time seeing Metallica and my first seeing the stones.

Metallica... Man they need to hang it up.They opened with a blurb of Orion and then shifted in Master and that was it for the old shit.The rest was new stuff. The band I saw in the late 80s early 90s was a powerhouse that would blow any group off stage.Now there just up there with fat pockets not putting anything in there show.And man SF is there home town they should been smoking hot pulling out all stops.

The Stones. they sucked people were leaving early in middle of the show.The played alot unrecognizable songs, probably from the new album.I was highly dissappionted as were others.They sounded ok I just figured they play more of there known hits.

Overall a lackluster performance by both acts.Not worth the $100+ a tix.

EbDawson
11-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Interesting, unusual mix of bands. Did the Metallica crowd beat up the Stones crowd?

twonabomber
11-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Live With Me
Tumbling Dice
Oh No Not You Again
Rain Fall Down
Sweet Virginia
All Down The Line
Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Inroductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Rough Justice (B-stage)
Get Off Of My Cloud (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

twelve of those are staples of classic rock radio...four new songs...and three that casual Stones fans may not know. so twelve to seven.

i went to the show in Detroit and felt i got my money's worth...and the openign band (Maroon 5) probably sucked harder than Metallica did.

Unchainme
11-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
i went to the show in Detroit and felt i got my money's worth...and the openign band (Maroon 5) probably sucked harder than Metallica did.

WTF? Maroon 5 opening for the Stones is like N*Sync oepning for a CVH reunion. Did the crowd hate 'em? (BTW I fucking hate Maroon 5 they play there gay-ass songs all the time down here on the top 40 stations.)

tsqaure
11-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I"m going to recant what I said about the Stones.They didn't suck I just had my hopes set on a mind blowing show.Kinda of the" Seeing histroy vibe". It just didn't do it for me.

fret_buzz_blues
11-15-2005, 12:44 AM
What Metallica once was...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-15-2005, 12:51 AM
fuck ive never seen metallica. where did you get tix!??!!?

DLR_EngineRoom
11-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by tsqaure
Well I'd like to first to say I bought the tix before Metallica was announced as the opener.I wrote off Metallica after the Black album. This was my fifth time seeing Metallica and my first seeing the stones.

Metallica... Man they need to hang it up.They opened with a blurb of Orion and then shifted in Master and that was it for the old shit.The rest was new stuff. The band I saw in the late 80s early 90s was a powerhouse that would blow any group off stage.Now there just up there with fat pockets not putting anything in there show.And man SF is there home town they should been smoking hot pulling out all stops.

The Stones. they sucked people were leaving early in middle of the show.The played alot unrecognizable songs, probably from the new album.I was highly dissappionted as were others.They sounded ok I just figured they play more of there known hits.

Overall a lackluster performance by both acts.Not worth the $100+ a tix.

Regardless of the setlist, Rolling Stones kick Metallica's @$$ anyday, in any era, period.

Of course, that's just my universal opinion...y'all welcome to it or you can chose to be wrong....your choice...

NATEDOG001976
11-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Metallica lost it live after 1994.

WACF
11-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Metallica has weakened but...I saw them last year in May and they blew the roof off the place.

Yes, the new stuff is not that great but they played a lot of old stuff...and it was smokin'!

I gotta say if anyone in the crowd did not know 3/4's of that set list they must of been living under a rock...or have never been around radio.

DeadOrAlive
11-18-2005, 08:55 PM
I hate metallicrap but... they do put on a good live show. Saw them back in May last year, great show I will say. Personally Recommend to see them for a good show.

Matt White
11-19-2005, 02:09 AM
I saw METALLICA in 1988...MONSTER OF ROCK....

DESTROYED EVERY OTHER BAND......

MY kid brother...who didn't like METALLICA at the time...said after the show..."We should have left after METALLICA."

BRUTAL

DeadOrAlive
11-19-2005, 02:11 AM
Hahaha wasn't Van Hagar at that show too? Because I recall that they were on the '88 Monsters of Rock tour.

Matt White
11-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
Hahaha wasn't Van Hagar at that show too? Because I recall that they were on the '88 Monsters of Rock tour.

OH YES!!! :mad:

Kingdom Clone

DOKKEN

Scorps

van hagar

In retrospect....not a STELLAR lineup......

METALLICA was touring in support of "JUSTICE"

all they played off it was "HARVESTER"....

Rest was old school...."DAMAGE INC, 4 HOresmen, SEEK,"

Hella KEWL

fret_buzz_blues
11-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Wasn't Megadeth in that bill?
http://classicvanhalen.com/forums/uploads/post-24-1108565598.jpg

Matt White
11-19-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by fret_buzz_blues
Wasn't Megadeth in that bill?
http://classicvanhalen.com/forums/uploads/post-24-1108565598.jpg

No....

This was a US Monster of Rock...

van hagar headlined......

fret_buzz_blues
11-19-2005, 02:39 AM
Oh...must have been the European tour? Yeah, that's what I was wondering...

Loons The Great
11-19-2005, 11:06 AM
How's the Stones version of,"Nighttime is the Right Time??" Great tune...I digs the Sonics version the most...

twonabomber
11-19-2005, 12:12 PM
it's good. Lisa Fischer sings a lot of that one live.

there's been some Stones boots from this tour floating around, i know at least one of them has Night Time on it.

Hardrock69
11-19-2005, 01:01 PM
I posted links to their Albany, NY show earlier in this forum...

I think their new album is their best studio release in voer 20 years.

The Stones kick Metallica's ass when it comes to being the Stones.

Metallica destroys The Stones when it comes to being Metallica.

One band is NOT better than the other.

Just different.

I saw Metallica on the Monsters Of Rock Tour.

They and The Scorpions ruled.....van hagar drooled.

I left not even halfway through van hagar's set.

I could not stand the fucking lame homo music they were playing.