PDA

View Full Version : Another Band Not Named VAN HALEN Releasing Cool Live Music Today

Nickdfresh
11-15-2005, 07:59 AM
GREEN DAY is releasing a CD/DVD combo package for $16. Okay, there may not be a large number of DAY fans here, but you gotta' like a band that releases quality live material, and includes a lot of extras (including, from what I have heard, is a frank documentary where the they discusses topics most bands would ignore like their near break-up before Idiot) for only the price of an over-priced CD...

Golly, a band that actually does stuff for their fans...

No wonder why they're one of the few guitar based supergroups left.

http://www.greenday.com/greenday.html

Unchainme
11-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I agree nick Green Day kicks ass . One of the best Bands out there right now. I think American Idiot is like there Joshua Tree, One of those albums that will stand out as the one solitifidied as a Legendary Rock Band. God I can't wait to see the movie they make based on the album, should kick ass.

FORD
11-16-2005, 01:32 AM
Saw their concert in late September, and it was amazing how well a band that used to play every tiny little dive on the West Coast have adapted to the arena rock show.

It was even funnier watching the puzzled look on the teeny-boppers faces when they played their old school songs from their first two albums - which eMpTyV and corporate radio have never acknowledged the existence of.

Unfortunately, it looks like those very songs have been cut from the DVD release. So has their cover of "We Are The Champions", which was already cut from the Live 8 DVD.

What the fuck is up with that?? :mad:

ELVIS
11-16-2005, 01:35 AM
Supergroup is a bit of a stretch...

FORD
11-16-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Well... they write songs and play instruments. In this decade, that's the exception rather than the rule, unfortunately. So that's kinda "super".

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-16-2005, 01:38 AM
i would love greenday, but i am not a fan of his voice.

Nickdfresh
11-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Yes, but they are on their way. Another strong release, and they're about as close to a rock supergroup as exists today...

Watching the DVD, BILLY JOE ARMSTRONG'S charisma shines. He has become "the frontman" of all frontmen in today's scene. He's also fucking hysterical and remarkably unpolitically correct in the back stage scenes, in one part, he mimics a gay-lisp while review his photo selections.
And onstage, his rendition of "Shout" during "King For A Day" is simply a clinic of getting the audience eating out of your hand. I dare say that comparisons to David LEE ROTH are warranted...

Unchainme
11-17-2005, 06:53 AM
auctually from what I've heard CVH was a favorite of green day.

FORD
11-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
auctually from what I've heard CVH was a favorite of green day.

As they were for anybody of this generation on the West Coast.

Even punks liked Van HALEN. You could actually skate to it!

Dirty Duck
11-17-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm usually one to put my 2 cents in once in awhile and this one I can't pass up. I'm sorry brother but GREEN DAY is NO supergroup. Never liked them...tried my hardest back in 93' when everyone my age was a fan...but since I've never been one to jump on a bandwagon I had to pass. I have nothing against them personally..they're obviously some talented cats...but I'll say it once...If rock in roll has to be saved..I dont want it done by green day. Just my opinion...rock on brother.

NATEDOG001976
11-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Green Day is huge fans of Def Leppard. They played a cover "Photograph" when I saw them in 1997, kicked ass.

DeadOrAlive
11-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
I'm usually one to put my 2 cents in once in awhile and this one I can't pass up. I'm sorry brother but GREEN DAY is NO supergroup. Never liked them...tried my hardest back in 93' when everyone my age was a fan...but since I've never been one to jump on a bandwagon I had to pass. I have nothing against them personally..they're obviously some talented cats...but I'll say it once...If rock in roll has to be saved..I dont want it done by green day. Just my opinion...rock on brother.
Agreed. And Greenday will never be able to save it. Trust me, there's much better out there.

Diamondjimi
11-18-2005, 11:42 PM
One word..............RUSH !!!

http://www.rush.com/php/home.php?f=1

Checkout the new 30th Anniversary DVD/CD release. R_30.....

Jurak
11-24-2005, 10:47 PM
RUSH did kick some major ass, back then, seen em a million times...
back in good ol T.O. Ahhhh, old Massey Hall...the memories.... :D