PDA

View Full Version : Army National Guard is hard pressed to find recruits...

Hardrock69
11-16-2005, 10:55 AM
A friend of mine who is 36 recently enlisted in the Army National Guard.

She did not make it all the way through basic training, due to physical reasons, and wound up with a medical discharge.

Used to be the maximum age requirment was 36. When she enlisted in the spring it had been bumped to 38.

Now it is 42.

They are getting desperate.

Cathedral
11-16-2005, 11:22 AM
I'd still love to join, as crazy as that sounds, i just don't feel i'm doing anything to support our troops in the capacity i would like to.

But i have way more going against me now then when they rejected me 20 years ago.

But still, if they would take me, I would go to basic training today.

I'm a parent raising a daughter alone, my wife is institutionalized and my past thyroid issues and current cancer issues....I can't deal with being made to feel defective anymore.

I dunno, you'd think that i would be considered expendable and they wouldn't have any trouble letting me serve.

It's just fucking depressing.

Nickdfresh
11-16-2005, 11:26 AM
I would like to join the National Guard actually. But I want to be AN AMERICAN NATIONAL GUARDSMEN, not an Iraqi one...

Cathedral
11-16-2005, 11:37 AM
LMMFAO @ Nick...That was pretty funny.

Nitro Express
11-28-2005, 01:37 PM
No shit. The National Guard was originally organized to "Guard the Nation" during times of war or national dissaster, not to be a captive pool for an unofficial draft.

All I can say is if the president has the balls to start a war, he had better have the balls to start a draft. Meanwhile, all our personel and equipment are overseas. Our local armory has no trucks or humvees left. All that's left is a self-propelled howletzer with hydrolic problems and an old Sherman tank that does no run.

You are right sir, there is no National Guard, it's been converted to the Iraqi Guard.

twonabomber
11-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

All I can say is if the president has the balls to start a war, he had better have the balls to start a draft.

no, he should have the balls to encourage his children to serve, and so should the congressmen and representatives that support the president's decision.