PDA

View Full Version : new dlr tune on best of 2????

lilELVIS
03-29-2004, 10:48 PM
they could at least give us 1 new song with dave...heard wb forced them to put 1 on it....anyone know if this is true???

MAX
03-29-2004, 10:55 PM
I highly doubt it but maybe they did so the thing could actually sell. Then Spam and The Cheddheads can take credit for the sales. That seems like a move that The Lying Dutchmen might make.

Panamark
03-29-2004, 11:18 PM
G'day LilElvis, I closed your other thread, as it appears you posted the same topic twice.

I sure hope we get to hear those tracks, somewhere, somehow. But I would hate Van Hagar to ride off Dave's coattails yet again.. (As MAX rightly pointed out). To answer your question, I dont think anyone really knows at this stage if those songs will be included.

Big Troubles
03-29-2004, 11:23 PM
I doubt there would be any new Dave shit on it. Theres no reason for the current band to promote such. Im guessing there will be no more than 4 in total that have Dave on the vocals. The rest will be Sammy from 85 to 95 and 3 new sam tunes. Yuck but true.

TMR
03-29-2004, 11:48 PM
If there was a new tune by DLR....then the record company would be ecstatic.

I'll be surprised if there are any DLR tunes on this Greatest hits due to the fact they would have to pay Dave.

Spam will re-write Dave's lyrics on the songs made back in 2000....

VHClint
03-30-2004, 10:33 PM
I highly doubt it, and I'm having a personal conflict weather or not I should buy the cd. Eh I probably will, the power of Van Hagar is overwhelming me...

General Hina
03-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
G'day LilElvis, I closed your other thread, as it appears you posted the same topic twice.

I sure hope we get to hear those tracks, somewhere, somehow. But I would hate Van Hagar to ride off Dave's coattails yet again.. (As MAX rightly pointed out). To answer your question, I dont think anyone really knows at this stage if those songs will be included.

Those songs were never finished because Dave can't sing anymore and it was taking too long to record him. It took 3 weeks to record his vocals on "Me Wise Magic" and that song is the biggest piece of crap VH ever recorded.

Over and Out,
General Hina

OLPMM1
03-30-2004, 11:08 PM
I don't think there will be any of the songs Van Halen Recorded with Dave on the new album because they were only recorded in Demo format. But it would be awesome to hear.

lilELVIS
03-31-2004, 06:42 PM
but thats the only way it will sell...i think they will use dave yet again......1 new dave...2 new sammy....7 dave...7 sammy...just like last time....i hope anyways...it makes sense buisness wise i think

FORD
03-31-2004, 07:29 PM
I hope there's NO new Van HALEN on the CD, because I'm not getting stuck with another disc that's half cheese again.

Save the unreleased Van HALEN for the box set which will inevitably follow this joke of a tour.

And that better not have even ONE fucking Hagar song on it. :mad:

rude biff
03-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I hope there's NO new Van HALEN on the CD, because I'm not getting stuck with another disc that's half cheese again.

Save the unreleased Van HALEN for the box set which will inevitably follow this joke of a tour.

And that better not have even ONE fucking Hagar song on it. :mad:

AMEN, Brother Ford!!!

GO AND SIN SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidLeeWrath
03-31-2004, 08:48 PM
Well, Dave did say that he worked on some stuff with Ed within the last couple of years. Maybe it will turn up on the new collection. Would be great to hear some new Dave.

FORD
03-31-2004, 09:20 PM
Well, word from the Velveeta factory is that the tour, which promotes the supposed "Best of Vol 2" CD in progress, will not include any Van HALEN songs. So maybe the crappy CD won't either?

Eddie could probably pick 12 or so Van Hagar cheesefests, the 3 least disasterous tracks from VDIII, maybe a track or two from the aborted Cherone followup, and the new Tequila commercial. And there you go - one full CD for Ed & Sammy to make their alimony payments with no worries of royalties to the man who built the fucking legend in the first place.

Big Troubles
03-31-2004, 09:25 PM
There wont be any Dave on the new cd. If there were they'd be advertising as such to generate sales. I will be surprised to see old Dave material on there, let alone new shit.

DavidLeeWrath
03-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Oh well....fuck it. I know which CD's have the dave stuff on them.

Big Troubles
03-31-2004, 09:47 PM
I hold hope for 2005. I know it sounds sad, but for me that's what Id rather think about. Keeps my mind off this Van Hagar shit. And of course I play all the classics and demo's over and over again until that inevitable day happens, when the real Van Halen reunite. 1996 was like yesterday for me. Im still enjoying that very moment when I seen them walk out together, with Runnin with The Devil blaring. I know that moment will happen again, and when it does, it will be magic all over again.

tjvhou812
04-01-2004, 12:22 AM
w/vh you never know

tjvhou812
04-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
I hold hope for 2005. I know it sounds sad, but for me that's what Id rather think about. Keeps my mind off this Van Hagar shit. And of course I play all the classics and demo's over and over again until that inevitable day happens, when the real Van Halen reunite. 1996 was like yesterday for me. Im still enjoying that very moment when I seen them walk out together, with Runnin with The Devil blaring. I know that moment will happen again, and when it does, it will be magic all over again.

those kramers are sweet

DLR7884
04-01-2004, 01:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Troubles

Are you fucking retarded?

Why the fuck would they not include Dave era stuff?

DLR7884
Let me guess, you have never taken a marketing class, right?

Satan
04-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Troubles

Are you fucking retarded?

Why the fuck would they not include Dave era stuff?

DLR7884
Let me guess, you have never taken a marketing class, right?

In the real world, that would make perfect sense. But remember, this is the Lying Dutchmen we're talking about.

The guys who thought VDIII would sell. The guys who think that a 60 year old Republican booze salesman singing cheese ballads will sell in 2004.

Maybe Eddie needs the marketing class ;)

L.S.D.
04-01-2004, 10:35 AM
You guys are all going to eat youre words. This album will sell and so will the tour.

scottvh66
04-01-2004, 04:02 PM
IMO, the album will definitely have Dave era stuff on it. Too many DLR songs were missed in BOV1.

madraoul
04-15-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Satan
a 60 year old Republican booze salesman singing cheese ballads

Maybe Eddie needs the marketing class ;)

Thanks evil lord, I'm stealing that description of Hagarita. Marketing? Dave's a marketer's dream!

DavidLeeNatra
04-15-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
You guys are all going to eat youre words. This album will sell and so will the tour.

wanna bet?