PDA

View Full Version : Every now and then...

Molly Blue
11-18-2005, 03:19 PM
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2005/nov05/20051118_vanhalen.html

Michael Anthony, bass player from the legendary Van Halen, has channelled a fervent love for barbeques into his very own range of extra hot sauces. “Mad Anthony’s” Original Style and Extra Hot BBQ Sauces will make their debut on the menus of Hard Rock Café in both the States and some select European restaurants.

I like this writer already. The legendary Van Halen. That right there says is all. But wait... it gets better.

“Like music, cooking and more specifically, barbecuing is one of my greatest passions and my sauce is a celebration of these simple pleasures in life,” said Michael Anthony. “I am thrilled to have my original BBQ sauces featured on Hard Rock's menu, as both embody the true meaning of rock 'n' roll flavour.”

More so than say.... Quiznos? keep reading... it takes a while to get to the good part.

Hard Rock Café will also be introducing a delectable new, “Mad Anthony” BBQ-sauce-inspired dish to its menus worldwide as of November 20th – the 11-ounce “Mad Anthony’s Grilled Skirt Steak”. Marinated in “Mad Anthony’s” Original Style sauce and accompanied with a side of sweet potato fries and vegetables, the meal aims to combine the “perfect blend of rock, quality and taste that is the cornerstone of any item on Hard Rock's authentic menu,” according to Sean Dee, vice president and chief marketing officer, Hard Rock International.

Somehow I never really thought of sweet tater fries as being a hard rock essential... but I guess if you top it off with a big glass of milk...

Michael Anthony isn’t the only Van Halen member to release his own product – David Lee Roth replacement Sammy Hagar released his own tequila “Cabo Wabo” in 1996.

Gotta love that David Lee Roth replacement jab there at the end.... :D

Aside from the shoes... does Dave do product endorsements?

Unchainme
11-18-2005, 05:33 PM
shoes?

DrMaddVibe
11-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Molly Blue

Nope. He gives it all away!

EbDawson
11-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Molly Blue

Jack Daniels. :D

ritetoolforjob
11-20-2005, 06:34 PM
i think dave is currently endorsing local thrift stores by wearing their clothes, slightly soiled, right off the rack.

Matt White
11-20-2005, 06:36 PM
You don't think

Molly Blue
11-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
shoes?

Red Ball Jets... :D

Molly Blue
11-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson

Ha ha... can't leave out the Jack!

So does Dave get some sort of kick back for spewing Jack from his crotch... or does he just do that for the fun of it?

Unchainme
11-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson

THe Only people Who Put Iced Tea In Jack Daniels Is.....THE CLASH BABY!