New Diamond Dave DVD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nigel

New Diamond Dave DVD

What ever happened to the talk of DLR releasing a LIVE DVD this year?

Even without VH, Dave IS one of the BEST live acts, yet his site is pathetic with two tunes from last year's July gig "in a business suit".

Why do much-lesser Bands release tons of concert stuff, yet Dave hasn't officially sanctioned anything since 1986's EEAS mini VHS?

There must be TONS of Dave LIVE (even if it is ALL his SOLO concerts) IF VH have "legally" jammed him from performing VH tunes on DVD.

Anyone here know what is coming, or can convince Dave to put "something" out, before we all get too old to give a shit anymore?

Cheers

Nigel
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Fuck, I'd be happy with a vid release that just had nothing but DLR solo promo vids...the VHS tapes I had those on shit the bed a long time ago. Still got the DLR VHS release with JAG, YR, CG and CFTH.

Guess Dave just figures nobody's gonna bother buying it anymore.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
      Banned
      • Mar 2005

wasn't dave supposed to release a collection including skyscraper & alae videos? for the japan 88 special, why the hell did dave have the live footage overdubbed with the original versions? i thought it was especially pathetic to see dave doing jump and panama "live" with evh overdubbed from the albums. i thought he sounded great on that tour, did he feel differently? i wonder how someone like steve vai felt when he saw the special .anyways, i wish there was a way to get my hands on a pro shot skyscraper concert...it would be the ultimate.

Comment

• Nigel

C'Mon everyone!!! You're all Diamond Dave Fans!!!

I'm surprised no one knows whats going on with this question. If Steve Perry can PROMOTE a Journey Live DVD from 1981, yet he is no longer the singer, why the fuck can't the Toastmaster General, and best Frontman in the World, release a goddamned DVD of

a) past VH stuff, or b) His solo stuff. Either way, we would all win, and some of us could
        "re-enjoy" all those LIVE performances before we all don't give a shit anymore, or worse
        die of old age!!!

Cheers

Nigel (aging rock fan)

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Does Dave even have rights to release old VH vids on a DVD without the brothers involved?

I don't think so.

But a live DVD of some of his recent shows would be cool.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
            Does Dave even have rights to release old VH vids on a DVD without the brothers involved?

I don't think so.

But a live DVD of some of his recent shows would be cool.
            Dave should just get some of that CVH shit leaked out onto the net. Just as salt in the bros wounds. Dumb fuckers are too stoopid to put the shit out, make some money and make everyone happy. Dave sure as shit knows we all wanna see it, and has said if he had more input it would've been out there by now (talking CVH material here).
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Dirty Duck
              Sniper
              • Aug 2005

That's the ONE thing that pisses me off when ot comes to Dave....what the fuck is he doing!? Release some live shit already brother!!!!!!!

Comment

• praisethedave
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

dave has the catalogue of tours to choose from....i don't think one dvd could justify it all.

Comment

Working...