PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter Is On The Tonight Show With Jay Leno NOW

Hardrock69
11-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Show has just now started. It is 10:30 PM CST Monday Nov. 21 right now....musical guest is the Eurythmics...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-21-2005, 11:41 PM
sweet dreams doo doo doo doo! jimmy carter was a bad president (Price of homes?) but he is a great person. He donates a ton of time to habitat for humanity. CST? I thought you lived on Fornax 9! :D

FORD
11-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Jimmy Carter was the last truly American President this country had. If he weren't 80 years old, I'd be chairing his re-election campaign right now

DLR'sCock
11-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Kool, thanks!

A great man!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Jimmy Carter was the last truly American President this country had. If he weren't 80 years old, I'd be chairing his re-election campaign right now

Homes would be 5 million dollars... I couldn't afford another carter reign of terror.

BigBadBrian
11-22-2005, 12:21 AM
http://lazypundit.com/images/jimmah.png

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
http://lazypundit.com/images/jimmah.png

you are a fucking genious if you created that.

Hardrock69
11-22-2005, 01:38 AM
He had some interesting stuff to say....

FORD
11-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Homes would be 5 million dollars... I couldn't afford another carter reign of terror.

Are you fucking high?? Housing costs more right NOW than it has in any time in human history. I believe most people with full time jobs could still afford to live in the city they worked in in the late 70's.

Not so in the last few years.

Cathedral
11-22-2005, 04:42 AM
Are you fucking high?? Housing costs more right NOW than it has in any time in human history. I believe most people with full time jobs could still afford to live in the city they worked in in the late 70's.

Not so in the last few years.

Dude, when Carter was President the interest rate on homes was 16 - 17%, the highest they have ever been in history.
More people own homes today than ever before.
You are right though, homes do cost more today than they did in the 70's, but the average income back then was only $15,000 where today it is $35,000 to $75,000.
Also, you can get a 40 year loan now which the max was 30 back then.
That alone has resulted in 23% more people qualifying for a home loan than ever before.

I bought this condo with zero money down, that was not possible when Carter was President, but it wasn't his fault though, the market was in the shitter before he took office.
Of course i bought this through a loan assumption which means the seller paid my 10% down payment out of their pocket.
All i did was take over the note which was less than 30 days from default and i got it at $25,000 below the appraisal value.
Which means that i instantly got $25,000 in equity at closing that i can borrow against.

One thing that we cannot really complain about is the current economy, but i feel the bottom is due to fall out of it soon.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying a home in the next 5 years is to buy it now, the market will get worse and there is no telling when or if interest rates will be as good as they have been.
They are going up and have gone up over the last year, but even now they are at record low rates.
It isn't the price of the home that determines the payment, it is the interest rate and the down payment, and the down payment has minimal effect on that at best.

It really is the best time ever to buy a home, and i'm looking into buying a rental property that was just brought to my attention for a fraction of it's value.
The payment is so low that i could rent it out for enough to profit $600 per month after paying the note.
If all goes the way it has been described to me i may even be able to pocket $5,000 at closing just because it's a foreclosure property.
In essence, the bank will pay me $5,000 to take it off their hands because they got stuck with it.
Then, I can turn it around and sell it for full market value and pocket the difference.

And if you already own a home that has a variable interest rate, now is the time to re-finance and get a fixed rate. that will not only reduce your payment substantially, it will make it easier to qualify for a home equity loan to pay off other bills.

You can say what you want about Bush, but you cannot say much about the economy, that is what i consider his only success story.
Sure homes values are through the roof, but with interest rates being what they are people can purchase a home for not much more than they pay to rent.
Only you don't build equity or own anything when you rent.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you want to make real money fast, invest in realestate while the investing is good.
properties will provide you with a return no stock ever has been or will ever be able to do.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-22-2005, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Dude, when Carter was President the interest rate on homes was 16 - 17%, the highest they have ever been in history.
More people own homes today than ever before.
You are right though, homes do cost more today than they did in the 70's, but the average income back then was only $15,000 where today it is $35,000 to $75,000.
Also, you can get a 40 year loan now which the max was 30 back then.
That alone has resulted in 23% more people qualifying for a home loan than ever before.

I bought this condo with zero money down, that was not possible when Carter was President, but it wasn't his fault though, the market was in the shitter before he took office.
Of course i bought this through a loan assumption which means the seller paid my 10% down payment out of their pocket.
All i did was take over the note which was less than 30 days from default and i got it at $25,000 below the appraisal value.
Which means that i instantly got $25,000 in equity at closing that i can borrow against.

One thing that we cannot really complain about is the current economy, but i feel the bottom is due to fall out of it soon.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying a home in the next 5 years is to buy it now, the market will get worse and there is no telling when or if interest rates will be as good as they have been.
They are going up and have gone up over the last year, but even now they are at record low rates.
It isn't the price of the home that determines the payment, it is the interest rate and the down payment, and the down payment has minimal effect on that at best.

It really is the best time ever to buy a home, and i'm looking into buying a rental property that was just brought to my attention for a fraction of it's value.
The payment is so low that i could rent it out for enough to profit $600 per month after paying the note.
If all goes the way it has been described to me i may even be able to pocket $5,000 at closing just because it's a foreclosure property.
In essence, the bank will pay me $5,000 to take it off their hands because they got stuck with it.
Then, I can turn it around and sell it for full market value and pocket the difference.

And if you already own a home that has a variable interest rate, now is the time to re-finance and get a fixed rate. that will not only reduce your payment substantially, it will make it easier to qualify for a home equity loan to pay off other bills.

You can say what you want about Bush, but you cannot say much about the economy, that is what i consider his only success story.
Sure homes values are through the roof, but with interest rates being what they are people can purchase a home for not much more than they pay to rent.
Only you don't build equity or own anything when you rent.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you want to make real money fast, invest in realestate while the investing is good.
properties will provide you with a return no stock ever has been or will ever be able to do.

THANKS! Someone here knows there history. Do you remember the longass gas lines during Carter?

Cathedral
11-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Yep, sure do, but in all reality the President has no control over what oil companies charge.
They tried price control back then which was a tremendous failure and contributed largely to the shortage.

My Dad sold the V-8's and bought a Ford Falcon and a Chevy Corvair as his remedy, lol.
He was an independant truck driver so he had to pay the fuel bill for that as well, those were not pleasant days and had quite a bit to do with the failure of their marriage when my mother went to work selling realestate to make end s meet.
My dad was a proud man and her having to take a job crushed his idea of being the bread winner.

Nitro Express
11-22-2005, 05:09 AM
Shit. Now is the time to SELL real estate in the US and not buy. Too many suckers driving up prices to unsustainable prices. It's all being driven by speculative buying and mortgage lenders willing to loan the money since Fanny Mae buys 90% of the mortgages.

Hey being on a race track is great if you are with proffessional drivers but with a bunch of amatures on it, you can get killed. The real estate market is full of "get rich quick" suckers right now trying to make some quick money to pay off their other debts.

ELVIS
11-22-2005, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Someone here knows there history.

And someone here doesn't know their there, or their they're...

:elvis:

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-22-2005, 05:11 AM
i am going to have to start walking if the fucking gas doesnt calm down. about a month ago, i remember paying 3 buxxx a gallon. 3 days ago i payed 2.09. Things are looking good!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-22-2005, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
And someone here doesn't know their there, or their they're...

actually i do. its just 5:14 in the morning and i havent slept. who fucking cares?

ELVIS
11-22-2005, 05:16 AM
I dunno...

This is a fucking message board, and I posted a message...

Who fucking cares about any of this bullshit ??

LMAO !!

Nitro Express
11-22-2005, 05:20 AM
The low intrest rates have only fueled a false economy that will fall into a full on depression. The real estate bubble popping will start the depression. It's a result of the Federal Reserve trying to avoid a reccession by allowing people to borrow money cheap. The problem is the people always dig a bigger hole. Lending money is great if it's a true investement and the banks get the principle back. Too much lending creates a greedy bubble economy that can't sustain itself. The growing trade deficite and the negative personal savings rate in the US doesn't help either.

Cathedral
11-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Shit. Now is the time to SELL real estate in the US and not buy. Too many suckers driving up prices to unsustainable prices. It's all being driven by speculative buying and mortgage lenders willing to loan the money since Fanny Mae buys 90% of the mortgages.

Hey being on a race track is great if you are with proffessional drivers but with a bunch of amatures on it, you can get killed. The real estate market is full of "get rich quick" suckers right now trying to make some quick money to pay off their other debts.

I don't deal with amatuers, and that is the trick right there.
I know a handfull of shady mortgage brokers who are damn ready to take you for a ride right now, i'm related to one of those as a matter of fact, and he's pretty pissed that i haven't called him on any deals i've tried to get in on.
Hey, when the phone keeps clicking while i'm talking to them, you know something just isn't right.

You have to be careful, but that goes with anything involving money.
But people have been waiting for the bubble to burst and it just hasn't happened.
My portfolio looks pretty damn good considering i couldn't afford a bucket to piss in 5 years ago.

But i agree it can't last much longer because prices are being over inflated and the market will certainly react negetively to that.
I see right now as being both a buyers and a sellers market, and no matter what happens down the road, i'm much better off in the long run.
But sales need to drop off before the bottom falls out, and so far they have remained strong and steady and that is solely due to the low interest rates.
Bottom line is that it is possible for more people to buy, and as long as they are things will stay pretty much the way they are.

New home construction though, that is a horse of a different color and the fluctuation there is at times very alarming, and why i didn't build a new home in the first place.
I can't afford to build a brand new home and risk not growing any equity when the bubble does actually burst.

Cathedral
11-22-2005, 06:12 AM
The low intrest rates have only fueled a false economy that will fall into a full on depression. The real estate bubble popping will start the depression. It's a result of the Federal Reserve trying to avoid a reccession by allowing people to borrow money cheap. The problem is the people always dig a bigger hole. Lending money is great if it's a true investement and the banks get the principle back. Too much lending creates a greedy bubble economy that can't sustain itself. The growing trade deficite and the negative personal savings rate in the US doesn't help either.

I dunno, things have remained steady through the Hurricane season which leads me to believe that the economy has to be pretty strong.
The hits the Gulf Coast have taken would have forced a depression/recession atmosphere if it was a false economy.

Keep in mind that reconstruction in the Gulf also helps.

It's certainly not all wine and roses to say the least, but I just don't see all the doom and gloom on the horizon as some seem to, and i've got a pretty good advisor on every move i am making with 35 years of successful experience behind them.

Hardrock69
11-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Basically Carter said that Government policy affecting foreign relations, domestic issues, & the People Of The U.S. have taken a drastic turn in the past few years.

He was promoting his current book, and he said he strove to be non-partisan.

But then, people accuse me of being partisan, when my main complaint is that Chimpy is incompetent. I do not care if he was a Democrat, I would still say he is an incompetent fuck who is ruining this country.

Carter stressed the point that he was trying to leave political parties out of the equation and just say in the past few years, stuff has gotten much worse.

He did say that of all the Republican presidents of the last 50 years, Bush has dramatically changed the way the government is operating, and he is doing so to the detriment of American and the rest of the world.

jacksmar
11-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Jimmy Carter is sitting in the oval office one day when the ghost of Eisenhower sits own in a chair in front of Jimmy Carter.

JC: How are you general?
DE: Fine. How are things in the world today?
JC: Well, The Russians invaded Afghanistan recently.
DE: Don’t say another word, Jimmy. You sent in the airborne and kicked their asses back to Moscow right?
JC: No, actually we boycotted the Olympic games.
DE: (Looks puzzled) Well, what else has happened lately?
JC: Well , the Iranians have taken several hundred US citizens hostage.
DE: Say no more. You kicked the shit out of the Jesus boot wearing camel fuckers and got our people back, right?
JC: Well no. We imposed economic sanctions.
DE: (Disgusted) Forget it Jimmy. I’m crossing back over. Hell, the next thing you’ll tell me is you gave away the fucking Panama Canal.

thome
11-22-2005, 10:37 AM
There have been some good threads about Carter in The Front.

but no longer are they worth a Sh@t because Ford deleted all of my and many others posts out. I had several page long posts about the President
that carried on the tradition of- Im scared to death of my own shadow
1960s politics- that it took15 years for this country to rebound 15 years of
Reagan, Bush senior and [Clinton -sitting on his ass doing nothin-
Except masterbating in The HIGHEST OFFICE IN THE WORLD in
some 20 year old Skanks Mouth]....
for the country to have a good economic stability during the last
half of Clintons Reign of Simple -mindedness.

One of my posts Was during the crushing defeat of America during
the Carter admin..Was I was there YES! But Ford wouldn't listen
thought i was making stuff up I guess.

"Carter is a smart man," NO HE isn't HE IS AND WAS A COMPLETE AND
TOTAL intellectual RETARDED ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
And as a Ex president should be excluded from ex presidential
function if he is so UPSET WITH AMERICA!!!!!!.

Nickdfresh
11-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by jacksmar
Jimmy Carter is sitting in the oval office one day when the ghost of Eisenhower sits own in a chair in front of Jimmy Carter.

JC: How are you general?
DE: Fine. How are things in the world today?
JC: Well, The Russians invaded Afghanistan recently.
DE: Don’t say another word, Jimmy. You sent in the airborne and kicked their asses back to Moscow right?
JC: No, actually we boycotted the Olympic games.
DE: (Looks puzzled) Well, what else has happened lately?
JC: Well , the Iranians have taken several hundred US citizens hostage.
DE: Say no more. You kicked the shit out of the Jesus boot wearing camel fuckers and got our people back, right?
JC: Well no. We imposed economic sanctions.
DE: (Disgusted) Forget it Jimmy. I’m crossing back over. Hell, the next thing you’ll tell me is you gave away the fucking Panama Canal.

Why would CARTER send the US 82nd Airborne to fight other peoples' wars?

Do you think IKE would have? If you do, you're seriously demented.

CARTER responded appropriately, by sending them guns and weapons to evict the SOVIETS themselves, unfortunately under REAGAN, the SAUDI Wahhabites started manipulating these groups, supporting the most Fundamentalist of them...

Have you ever read IKE's "military-industrial complex" speech?

jacksmar
11-22-2005, 03:06 PM
World oil production can probably keep going up for another six or eight years. JC April 1977

Only Watergate could bring a hapless halfwit like Jimmy Carter to the US Presidency.

jacksmar
11-22-2005, 03:25 PM
"A recession is when your neighbor loses his job. A depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."

Reagan

FORD
11-22-2005, 03:25 PM
World oil production can probably keep going up for another six or eight years. JC April 1977

Only Watergate could bring a hapless halfwit like Jimmy Carter to the US Presidency.

Then just imagine what the crimes of the BCE will bring us :)

ODShowtime
11-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

yeah, but it can be a hell of a lot of work!

Many good points though Cat. The housing market is OUT OF CONTROL down here!

ODShowtime
11-22-2005, 07:20 PM

another good point. just like poker on saturday

Nickdfresh
11-22-2005, 07:21 PM
"A recession is when your neighbor loses his job. A depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."

Reagan

The Recession lasted through REAGAN's first term...

Phil theStalker
11-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Show has just now started. It is 10:30 PM CST Monday Nov. 21 right now....musical guest is the Eurythmics...
I wasn't online, man, butt i was tuned in, brothaer, t2o da news aff Carter and da big mouth blonde chick and da old roadie toadie, t2oo!

Fak! Doo yoo see how all aff us politicala mmusicianus all end up at da same damn place all da time?!

WHO NEEDS APOPROVAL?!

:spank:

ELVIS
11-22-2005, 11:19 PM
If he weren't 80 years old, I'd be chairing his re-election campaign right now

Enjoying your Kool-aid ??

LoungeMachine
11-22-2005, 11:31 PM
I dunno...

This is a fucking message board, and I posted a message...

Who fucking cares about any of this bullshit ??

LMAO !!

:rolleyes:

Classic coming for the YOU DID ME BAD AGAIN FORD AND I HAVE PULL AROUND HERE SO I'M TELLING ON YOU, BOO HOO FUCKING HOO

Jesus tittie fucking CHRIST :rolleyes:

Phil theStalker
11-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Enjoying your Kool-aid ??
How many peeps are going t2o try t2o get outta going t2o Thanksgivens supper by saying dat da turkey has da bird flu? huh

Not yoo, ELVIS.

ELVIS
11-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Hahaha...:D

Phil theStalker
11-22-2005, 11:42 PM
I was gonna play mmy guitar, butt I keep smelling mmy ass and tit keeps turning mme aff. Tit's like playing video games wit Bill Gates. HAOLLA, BAYEE!