PDA

View Full Version : Bono is such a douche!!!!

Mr. Vengeance
11-22-2005, 04:31 PM
You'd think this guy cured AIDS the way he talks about U2..

Selfrightious punk!

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20051121/113258682000.html

Satan
11-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Go cry in your Poison CD's already :rolleyes:

Terry
11-22-2005, 07:04 PM
I think U2 are a good band, and they have written some great songs...

...but I've never bought into the hype that they're right up there with the Beatles, the Stones or the Who in terms of importance, and Bono's whole attitude makes it a case of my liking the band IN SPITE of him being in it at times.

Think Bono and Springsteen both should get their names on a fucking ballot and throw their hats into the ring, far as political pontification goes. Not even a case of disagreeing with what Bono says, but the guy is so fucking smug about what he's doing at times, yet doesn't have the balls to put up or shut up. Pretty much consequence-free activism when you come right down to it. I mean, what was that whole fucking deal with Live8, where instead of raising money they're just gonna try and raise consciousness about famine and poverty? Like we don't already KNOW this shit without them telling us? Tad bit pretentious, methinks, having overpaid rock stars think they have the solutions.

When those fuckers start donating every single cent THEY make to Africa, THEN I'll be impressed.

FORD
11-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Think Bono and Springsteen both should get their names on a fucking ballot and throw their hats into the ring, far as political pontification goes.

Bono could probably do more as a rock star than he could as an Irish politician.

As for The Boss, I think it would be a natural transition for him. Over at Democratic Underground, I think some of the Jersey folks were lobbying Corzine to nominate Bruce as his Senate replacement when he moves to the Governor's mansion.

Senator Springsteen? I think it sounds pretty cool :cool:

PHOENIX
11-23-2005, 02:10 AM
BONO IS A ROCKSTAR!

Dirty Duck
11-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Bono is NO rockstar cause even HE said it. And I agree. I stopped listening after Rattle and Hum...I guess the rest of the albums intrested me as much as getting a fuckin' root canal.

Terry
11-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Bono could probably do more as a rock star than he could as an Irish politician.

As for The Boss, I think it would be a natural transition for him. Over at Democratic Underground, I think some of the Jersey folks were lobbying Corzine to nominate Bruce as his Senate replacement when he moves to the Governor's mansion.

Wasn't even trying to insult either of them, either, by saying that (not that I'm inferring that you thought I was insulting then...)

...but it's a little too easy for them to be blathering on about how they feel politically to an arena full of fans who come there to hear their music, or to stand next to politicians who are all to ready to have photos taken with them in order to make their OWN images seem hip...

...much tougher to actually run on those ideas and be grilled by people a little tougher than, say, Jan Wenner.

NATEDOG001976
11-28-2005, 07:28 PM
He's a moron in a average band!

Unchainme
11-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Senator Springsteen FOOKING ACE, I'd vote for him, How 'bout in 20 years President Springsteen?!

Wayne L.
12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Bono is one of the most holier than thou & ARROGANT rock stars on the planet more so than Gene Simmons, Ted Nugent & David Lee Roth have been accused of being all these years.

doctor roth
12-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah Bono shits me. He craps on about world poverty this world debt that. Yet strolls around in designer glasses and clothes and pretends to care about everyone when its obvious hes got his head well and truly lodged up his own ass. Back in the day he seemed to be a bit more of a regular dude (sunday bloody sunday) that gave a shit but now he strolls around with his head in the clouds. He talks the talk but he cant walk the walk. But hey there are few people that can keep their integrety in the music biz, there are a million examples of the mighty falling.

Seshmeister
12-07-2005, 09:44 PM
There is something uncomfortable about a multi millionaire who effectively made millions out of his Live Aid appearance preaching that we should all give more to charity...

doctor roth
12-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Having said the above its easy to sit back and shoot him down. What the fuck have i done to change the world ?? He obviosly has good intentions.

In my humble opinion he goes about it the wrong way. He devotes a LITTLE bit of his time to polatics then spends the rest of his time singing ballads which inspire people to go to out and find a life partener rather that affect change, at least thats what U2's new stuff is like.

I mean the average U2 lives in the burbs and is more concerned about his mortgage than starving Africans. ask a modern U2 fan why they like U2. I bet most of em dont say: "because of the political message"

I think a guy like Zach De La Rocha and Rage Against the Machine were more on track. Their music was in a style that made people pay attention to the message behind the song. I think Zack knows that love ins like live aid dont do squat. RATM realised a long time ago that meetings with presidents dont acomplish anything. Thats why they set up protest gigs outside the stock exchange and the democratic convention. They were on the front line.

Bono has a good heart and i respect the man for trying to do the right thing. Just another opinion of mine that is of little consiquence but hey sometimes its good to go on a rant

Jack68
12-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Senator Springsteen FOOKING ACE, I'd vote for him, How 'bout in 20 years President Springsteen?!
41 shots would kill your bid with the PBAS.Oh yeahh,that song......