PDA

View Full Version : Earth to America! Global Warming is No Joke

scamper
11-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Earth to America! Global Warming is No Joke

November 17, 2005
Earth to America! Global Warming is No Joke
Earth to America! is a two-hour comedy special that celebrates life on Earth by taking aim at one of our planet's most serious problems: global warming.

Some of the world's funniest people will come together tonight at the first annual Comedy Festival for an evening of comedy and music designed to raise awareness about global warming.

Earth to America! will feature comedy luminaries such as Steve Martin, Robin Williams, Ray Romano, Martin Short, Ben Stiller and Jack Black, as well as Tom Hanks, Robert Kennedy, Jr., and nearly a dozen others.

The program was created by Laurie David, wife of Larry David, star of Curb Your Enthusiasm and co-creator of Seinfeld. The show is being taped live at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas tonight, November 17, and will be broadcast on TBS on Sunday, November 20 at 8 p.m., 7 p.m. Central. Don't miss it.

http://environment.about.com/b/a/219876.htm

If you've ever flown in a jet and want to bitch about global warming, Shut the fuck up!

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Global warming believers have got to come spend a winter in Canada. Not just a few days, that's just cute and doesn't give the right impression. And not Vancouver or Southern Ontario as these regions don't see real winter anyway. Somewhere like Edmonton or Winnipeg and to lesser degree Ottawa. Maybe not even one winter because some years they aren't so bad. But spend a few years here between November and April and you're bound to believe that God (whichever one you believe in this week) has really got it out for us. Trust me, global warming is a myth and my frozen November nut sack is proof positive. So shake up those aerosol cans, crank up those old air conditioners, hell get all your cows to fart in our general direction and point all those green house gases northward to warm up my icy homeland.
M

FORD
11-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
Global warming believers have got to come spend a winter in Canada. Not just a few days, that's just cute and doesn't give the right impression. And not Vancouver or Southern Ontario as these regions don't see real winter anyway. Somewhere like Edmonton or Winnipeg and to lesser degree Ottawa. Maybe not even one winter because some years they aren't so bad. But spend a few years here between November and April and you're bound to believe that God (whichever one you believe in this week) has really got it out for us. Trust me, global warming is a myth and my frozen November nut sack is proof positive. So shake up those aerosol cans, crank up those old air conditioners, hell get all your cows to fart in our general direction and point all those green house gases northward to warm up my icy homeland.
M

Come on, you hosers have more common sense than that.....

Why would Edmonton have less signs of global warming than Vancouver? Well, for one thing, Vancouver is a coastal city in the colder half of the Pacific Ocean, where Edmonton is surrounded by miles and miles of open flat space. Then there's the pollution factor. You Canadians are doing a lot better with that one than we are, especially under the BCE, who have gutted environmental protection :(

Considering Edmonton is in the Canadian equivalent of what we call the "midwest" here, you will know when global warming comes your way. Tornados will probably be the result. Might want to check your insurance policy ;)

Myself, I prefer the Southern Interior of BC. :cool:

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 12:10 PM
I excluded Vancouver and Southern Ontario from my list of Winter locales because they just don't get cold thanks to 1) the Pacific ocean and 2) Lake Ontario.
Global warming is a myth, or at least it's a myth that humans had anything to do with it and/or can in fact do anything to change it. If you believe global warming is reality and that we've had anything to with it or that we can do anything to change the atmospheric conditions of this planet, then you've bought into the liberal media hype surrounding this whole issue. Whenever they talk about all the scientists that have signed off on global warming what they omit to add is that there are likely upwards of 10 times as many scientists that won't. The reason...there's no scientific proof that we've caused the damage or that ozone holes are even responsible for the warming. There's also no agreement on whether we can do anything to reverse what has possibly been done. Global warming is a one sided issue that made the media drool because they could make it news worthy. Scaring people makes for good news, news people will watch - no one will watch news that starts "There continues to be disagreement on the whole Global warming issue". What the media wants is an on going story like "Global warming is destroying the planet...tune in nightly for more details".
Visit the regions I mentioned between November and April and you'll never believe in global warming again. They're cold, damn it, 5-6 months of the year. They haven't seen mean temperature increases of 1 or 2 degrees like the global warming nazis will have you believe. Trust me (although Ottawa had a nice warm summer this year - it wasn't anything really unusual).

Sure the cloak of global warming may in some way be helping to implement clean air laws and cleaner environment policies (like recycling and composting) but these issues should be looked at separately from the fictional global warming theory. There's no doubt that big cities and states could decrease smog by introducing alternate fuel initiatives (or no-fuel initiatives). There's no doubt that trying to reduce the amount of trash produced by corporations and individuals could decrese land use for landfills. Would people's quality of life improve, sure. Less smoggy cities would likely mean a decrease is asthma cases in the young and emphysema in the old. Less trash and more recycling may leave us with more usable land or at least cleaner land. Will any of it actually change global climate conditions? Tree huggers would have you believe so...real science has yet sign off on this...well there certainly is no consensus on the subject.
M

BTW, Canada hasn't done a thing for the environment. We were recently top of the list for polution per capita. We are behind the US in implementing new scrubbing technology for our industrial plants and we have fewer regions implementing clean air laws like California. BC may have imlemented more than the rest of the country since they tend to follow what California does, more than they follow the rest of this country (BC makes up a small percentage of the population of Canada, however, and also a relatively small land area). Both countries need to desperately look at getting cleaner diesel fuels introduced (like Europe has had for decades) and of course we both have to get on board with alternate ways of producing electricity. If both countries can get their acts together on these things we'd make the Kyoto protocols look archaic.

Ally_Kat
11-23-2005, 12:39 PM
It's not a good idea to come talking to me about global warming when I have Christmas weather for Thanksgiving.

FORD
11-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
It's not a good idea to come talking to me about global warming when I have Christmas weather for Thanksgiving.

No, but it sets up a perfect example for me......

I can remember, as a kid that it would often snow here if not on Thanksgiving, then on Black Friday. Considering the mess that makes with all those shopping obssessed fools all over the road, you don't forget that kind of thing.

But that was in the 70's, maybe early 80's. In more recent years, we're more likely to see sunshine and temperatures in the 50's. Or good old typical Washington rain (forecast is about a 50/50 chance at present).

If we see snow at all anymore, it's usually well after Xmas. That's a significant change within a decade or so. No way that's just a mere coincidence.

Ally_Kat
11-23-2005, 12:57 PM
you'll want to move here, then, Ford. Our snowfall has stayed the same. My only complaint is that the storms all like to happen on the weekends, not giving me the snow days I deserve, damnit! lol

NYC gets a blizzard cyclically, and while we got a couple of storms back to back last winter, we haven't seen the big one yet. I have a feeling it'll be this year.

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Your changing weather patterns may not be a coincidence but that doesn't mean they are related the controversial theory of global warning that was the basis for the Kyoto accord. It may just be that the northwest, I'm assuming by Washington you meant the state, is experiencing a warm weather cycle, maybe related to the naturally accuring ElNino and Elnina phenomenon in the pacific ocean. This particular cycle may just be a long one. I'm sure you'll see Thanksgiving and Christmas snow again soon. If you don't, I'm sure your kids will and if your grandkids don't then I'll make sure that my grandkids send my apologies for being completely wrong on the whole global warming thing.
M

The Scatologist
11-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Ya know, sometimes I really wonder how retarded people can be.

I mean really, are you stupid enough to base your opinion on matters such as GLOBAL warming on the weather in your geographic location, and nothing else?

OF COURSE It's FUCKING COLD IN CANADA. You're in fucking CANADA. C-A-N-A-D-A!

Do you go to Antartica and judge whether or not the Earth is getting warmer by seeing if it's cold or not over there?

Are you really that fucking retarded?

Here's a example of how you form SCIENTIFIC opinions.

1. A lot of Islands in the Pacific are going underwater, and Midway will be gone in a few years

2. The Ice Cap is drastically getting smaller

3. Melting Ice Cap = rising Ocean Levels, resulting in #1

4. Glaciers in Antartica are breaking apart.

5. Heat melts ice, causing glacier breakage.

6. In many parts of the world, snowfall is getting rarer.

7.Go look at a fucking satellite image of Canada 40 years ago, and compare it to one now.

Ally_Kat
11-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist

I mean really, are you stupid enough to base your opinion on matters such as GLOBAL warming on the weather in your geographic location, and nothing else?

Do you go to Antartica and judge whether or not the Earth is getting warmer by seeing if it's cold or not over there?

1. A lot of Islands in the Pacific are going underwater, and Midway will be gone in a few years

7.Go look at a fucking satellite image of Canada 40 years ago, and compare it to one now.

It hasn't stopped other people who publically toot the global warming trumpet from using my location's weather as an example of global warming.

And in your scientific steps, you forgot to compare them to the cycles the Earth has gone thru before people had satellite images or anything to take satellite images with or before weather was recorded and kept track of daily, just like how people are saying the hurricane season this year is an example but somehow forget to notice that these things happen in cycles.

Nickdfresh
11-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Our winters have definitely changed here. They're warmer, and shorter overall. But yet we get short periods of cold-snaps that bring a lot of snow in a short amount of time, usually from about Christmas to the first two weeks in January, then it warms up again relatively speaking.

This year, we got it early, but is everybody already forgetting the record number of 90 degree plus days in the Northeastern US this summer?

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 03:22 PM
If you read my posts closely I repeatedly make reference to global warming as the media propoagted bullshit that the lefties and tree huggers would like us to believe is our fault. The fault of energy gluttons in the western and capatalist world. This is the form of global warming that I choose not to believe in (I'm obviously being quite sarcastic or facetious, you choose which, when I say come live in Canada and decide for yourself). Do I doubt that water levels are rising or that the ice caps are melting. No. Do I believe that my consumption and burning of fossil fuels or use of hairspray is a direct cause of these changes...abso-fucking-lutely not! Do I think that the earth's climate is currently in a state of change? Yes. Based on what I've read concerning normal environmental changes do I think we're going through an unusual climate change. No. If you think changing how much and what you consume or what millions consume will make on impact on these just as likely natural phenomena then I believe you have been completely hooked by this anti-capatilist, anti-American way of thinking. And I'll gladly use the term anti-American despite being a Canadian because it's still very much representative of how my nation lives. We like our stuff, we like it cheap, we don't like being told that we have to change how we live, and most importantly we don't like having falsehoods and conspiracy theories being forced into national policy. It's my opinion that ideas like the international fight against global warming, inconclusive and biased becaue they are based on flawed and often refuted science, are just as important to fight against as the old battles against communism.
M

ELVIS
11-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

It's 80 here today, sweetheart...;)

Warham
11-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Last winter was the worst one in terms of snowfall since 1978 in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. I say bullshit to the global warming kooks.

ELVIS
11-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Me too...

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Damn, that's all I should have said. At least I wouldn't have been called a retard. That stung (but no more than the icy wind blowing through the streets of Ottawa). :-)
M

Angel
11-23-2005, 06:53 PM
M

BULLSHIT!! All that bullshit in Ottawa has gone to your brain! I'm in Edmonton and we are MUCH warmer here than we used to be. I USED to be guaranteed a rink in my back yard, now I'm lucky if I get one for 3 months...

I like my homeland icy, it keeps the American's out. If you don't like it... move. :D

The Scatologist
11-23-2005, 07:17 PM
If you read my posts closely I repeatedly make reference to global warming as the media propoagted bullshit that the lefties and tree huggers would like us to believe is our fault. The fault of energy gluttons in the western and capatalist world. This is the form of global warming that I choose not to believe in (I'm obviously being quite sarcastic or facetious, you choose which, when I say come live in Canada and decide for yourself). Do I doubt that water levels are rising or that the ice caps are melting. No. Do I believe that my consumption and burning of fossil fuels or use of hairspray is a direct cause of these changes...abso-fucking-lutely not! Do I think that the earth's climate is currently in a state of change? Yes. Based on what I've read concerning normal environmental changes do I think we're going through an unusual climate change. No. If you think changing how much and what you consume or what millions consume will make on impact on these just as likely natural phenomena then I believe you have been completely hooked by this anti-capatilist, anti-American way of thinking. And I'll gladly use the term anti-American despite being a Canadian because it's still very much representative of how my nation lives. We like our stuff, we like it cheap, we don't like being told that we have to change how we live, and most importantly we don't like having falsehoods and conspiracy theories being forced into national policy. It's my opinion that ideas like the international fight against global warming, inconclusive and biased becaue they are based on flawed and often refuted science, are just as important to fight against as the old battles against communism.
M

and i'm pretty damn sure you did some scientific research and such, to come up with your opinion, rather then just call bullshit because you think it's cool cause all the other idiots are doing it.:rolleyes:

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 09:00 PM
and i'm pretty damn sure you did some scientific research and such, to come up with your opinion, rather then just call bullshit because you think it's cool cause all the other idiots are doing it.:rolleyes:

I don't do scientific research to form my opinion, I let others take care of it for me. What I refuse to do is base my opinions on a single side of an issue. The issue of global warming has two sides and I happen not to agree with the side that blames human consumption and polution for the warming trend the planet is currently undergoing. I've become more vocal about it because many nations, mine in particular, are modfying public policy based on a very one sided view of the problem, the Kyoto accord. My experience when I discuss this with people is that they've based their opinions solely on what the media, and celebrities in particular, is reporting. I find this approach to opinion and decision making infuriating, especially when the Internet can provide people with information that can provide pause for serious reflection. This is not a simple problem with a simple solution and making political decisions that can seriously affect people's lives and livelihoods demands full disclosure of all sides of the argument. I'm attempting to put forward this alternative opinion in the hopes that others will at least take a minute and look into the issue a little more closely for themselves.

"Global Warming" has turned into a buzz word that the media has jumped all over to get people's attention. It scares them. It scares me that the media has this kind of control and that so many people don't find it important to educate themselves on topics of such import.

So go ahead and watch this silly television show. Go ahead and buy some crappy battery operated vehicle or some half-assed overpriced hybrid car, separate all your paper, plastic and glass for recycling, and all the rest the environmentalists would have you believe will solve the global warming problem. And while you're doing it all the planet will continue to warm and finding ways to truly help those who will be affected will fade into the background. Making true lasting changes to how man lives on the planet is required. Even if Kyoto proves to be somewhat successful in improving local environmental conditions (less smog in big cities, cleaner water, cleaner land) there's no evidence that man can change the course the planet will follow.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the subject. I'm glad I could share mine. I'm a devoted skeptic and I rarely see eye-to-eye with popular opinion. I think some good will come of the whole Kyoto thing I just don't like the way it's theories are being implemented.
M

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Angel
BULLSHIT!! All that bullshit in Ottawa has gone to your brain! I'm in Edmonton and we are MUCH warmer here than we used to be. I USED to be guaranteed a rink in my back yard, now I'm lucky if I get one for 3 months...

I like my homeland icy, it keeps the American's out. If you don't like it... move. :D

Even a slightly warmer than normal Edmonton winter would chill a Jamaican to his/her core in just seconds. :-)

I've already revealed my true motivations for making the that initial facetious comment. I like my country and I'm not going anywhere. Just don't expect me to support politicians who agree with Kyoto.

M

ELVIS
11-23-2005, 09:25 PM
You might have a brain, m_dixon...

I don't buy any of the global warming bullshit...

:elvis:

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 10:12 PM
The verdict is still out on the brain thing, I'm afriad. It shuts down far too often while enjoying a good cannibus high. Unfortunately for all the cannibus pantry is bare at the moment so you all get to hear me sound off a bit.
M

Millermoos
11-24-2005, 08:04 AM
warm weather cycle.
I has been really warm over here in England till the beginning of November I was going around in a tshirt.... not normal. Now it's really cold they say is going to snow today which is not normal either. But northing that has to do with English weather is normal.
The fact is the antarctic is melting many bears have not moved from where they are as the water is not iced as usual, since the industrial revolution the world has become a very polluted place. London is polluted ( there is like a hat hovering on the city) it's not bad as some cities in Asia but it is polluted. I definetly see a difference when I come back from holiday abroad. And if you go in the underground it is really bad.
Millermoos

WACF
11-24-2005, 10:50 AM
We just set a record high 2 days ago...I am 5 or 6 hrs or so east of Angel.

Right now we have no snow...not unusual for the last few years.
When I was a kid we always had snow by halloween...and I mean lots of snow. Not no more.

Things have changed.

Nickdfresh
11-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Last winter was the worst one in terms of snowfall since 1978 in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. I say bullshit to the global warming kooks.

See, that's part of the problem. Global warming doesn't necessarily mean warmer all the time...

It means more extreme variations periotic temperatures and atmospheric events (you know, like extreme Hurricanes, more snowfall in a shorter period of time, etc.)

There's a lot of science to support this, very few real scientists even debate this fact now. It's only debated as a political issue, not as a scientific one.

m_dixon1984
11-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Actually there is scientific debate concerning global warming. The debate resolves around the cause and around the solution, since both are scientific issues. Of course both those issues have fueled the political debate and created the media monstrosity known as "Global Warming".

But you essentially hit the nail right on the head with your statement, Nickdfresh, and did it without invoking visions of evil loggers and car drivers and factories causing holes in the ozone which in turn are melting the ice caps and dooming the planet. Most people kinda missed the facetiousness in my orginal winter in Canada statement. The natural phenomena of global warming has to be separated from the fictional, media-hyped, man created "Global Warming" that has become such a hot issue. Science has not signed off on this yet and may never do so since the natural weather cycles of the planet are so well known and accepted.

We just may be warming up and there just may be no stopping it. As someone who's lived in Canada his whole life I personally am looking forward to living in a more temperate climate (of course I know it will take many centuries or millenia for the change to finally complete itself - again there's some facetiousness in most everything I say). It comes from having to drive through 2 inches of snow this morning. Of this I'm sure, man will find a way to live with these changes.
M

PS - There are so many people in my city that are jumping on the media driven "Global Warming" bandwagon because Ottawa had a nice summer (slightly warmer than usual). It drives me nuts.

Angel
11-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Even a slightly warmer than normal Edmonton winter would chill a Jamaican to his/her core in just seconds. :-)

I've already revealed my true motivations for making the that initial facetious comment. I like my country and I'm not going anywhere. Just don't expect me to support politicians who agree with Kyoto.

M

The Jamaican's are tough, they can handle it ;) (My uncle's Jamaican and experienced his first winter last year, I don't think he's warmed up yet!) It's the African's I feel for!

I don't fall for the whole global warming thing either, although I definitely believe in climate change, and I do recycle my plastic, paper and metal products, and make compost from my vegetable scraps, etc, why fill landfills unnecessarilly?

Just don't take away my snow and ice - I live for the stuff. :D

Millermoos
11-25-2005, 07:28 AM
It means more extreme variations periotic temperatures and atmospheric events (you know, like extreme Hurricanes, more snowfall in a shorter period of time).Nickdfresh
I do agree with this in the last few years over here we have had some pretty extreme weather conditions. I mean we have even had a Tornado hitting Birmingham twice this year which is not really an English thing to be hit by tornados our usual stuff is rain.

I do recycle my plastic, paper and metal products, and make compost from my vegetable scraps, etc, why fill landfills unnecessarilly?Angel

I do agree with this: I recycle and my landlord is thinking to put solar panels on the house if one can try alternative stuff and it works why not?
What bothers me if we stay with out water or it gets contaminated like in China, we can cope with out oil but not with out water.
Millermoos

Nickdfresh
11-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Study: More CO2 Now Than Past 650K Years
Friday, November 25, 2005 3:53 AM EST
The Associated Press
By LAURAN NEERGAARD

WASHINGTON (AP) — Scientists are looking back to a time when "greenhouse gases" were not the problem they are today, and it is giving them a clearer picture of how people are making it worse.

A team of European researchers analyzed tiny air bubbles preserved in Antarctic ice for millennia and determined there is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere now than at any point during the last 650,000 years.

The study by the European Project for Ice Coring in Antarctica, published Friday in the journal Science, promises to spur "dramatically improved understanding" of climate change, said geosciences specialist Edward Brook of Oregon State University.

Today, scientists directly measure levels of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, which accumulate in the atmosphere as a result of fuel-burning and other processes. Those gases help trap solar heat, like the greenhouses for which they are named, resulting in a gradual warming of the planet.

Those measurements are disturbing: Levels of carbon dioxide have climbed from 280 parts per million two centuries ago to 380 ppm today. Earth's average temperature, meanwhile, increased about 1 degree Fahrenheit in recent decades, a relatively rapid rise. Many climate specialists warn that continued warming could have severe impacts, such as rising sea levels and changing rainfall patterns.

Skeptics sometimes dismiss the rise in greenhouse gases as part of a naturally fluctuating cycle. The new study provides ever-more definitive evidence countering that view, however.

Deep Antarctic ice encases tiny air bubbles formed when snowflakes fell over hundreds of thousands of years. Extracting the air allows a direct measurement of the atmosphere at past points in time, to determine the naturally fluctuating range.

A previous ice-core sample had traced greenhouse gases back about 440,000 years. This new sample, from East Antarctica, goes 210,000 years further back in time.

Today's still rising level of carbon dioxide already is 27 percent higher than its peak during all those millennia, said lead researcher Thomas Stocker of the University of Bern, Switzerland.

"We are out of that natural range today," he said.

Moreover, that rise is occurring at a speed that "is over a factor of a hundred faster than anything we are seeing in the natural cycles," Stocker added. "It puts the present changes in context."

The team, which included scientists from France and Germany, found similar results for methane, another greenhouse gas.

Researchers also compared the gas levels to the Antarctic temperature over that time period, covering eight cycles of alternating glacial or ice ages and warm periods. They found a stable pattern: Lower levels of gases during cold periods and higher levels during warm periods.

The bottom line: "There's no natural condition that we know about in a really long time where the greenhouse gas levels were anywhere near what they are now. And these studies tell us that there's a strong relationship between temperature and greenhouse gases," said Oregon State's Brook. "Which logically leads you to the conclusion that maybe we should worry about temperature change in the future."

A lengthening history of greenhouse gas concentrations should help climate specialists build better models about what the future might bring, Stocker said. It also may help answer additional questions such as how long ago humans started influencing greenhouse gas accumulations, and what impact other factors such as ocean currents play in the complexities of climate change.

Just a decade ago, scientists weren't sure it was possible to trace greenhouse gas concentrations back so far in ice. Now, Brook is part of another international research team preparing to hunt an ice-core sample dating back a million years or more, hoping to reach eras when Earth's temperature was significantly warmer.

———

m_dixon1984
11-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Yup, proves the earth is warming and that greenhouse gasses are on the rise. Wants desperately to lay the blame on people as the cause. But just can't quite do it...we better use this as diffinitive proof to immediately change every nation's evironmental policies.
M

PS - Were you expecting a different response from me??

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice; Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice". Dr. Sidney Freedman, M.A.S.H.

The weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we’ve no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Well, it doesn’t show signs of stopping
But we’ve got some corn for popping
And the lights are turned way down low

When we finally kiss goodnight
How I hate going out in the storm
But as long as you hold me tight
Oh, all the way home I’ll be warm

The fire is slowly dying
But my dear we’re still goodbye-ing
And as long as you love me so

Cahn,Styne - 1945

PHOENIX
11-26-2005, 04:56 PM

Are you one of those idiots that actually think there is snow here year round?

Geez i guess my swimming pool is really useless in july.:rolleyes:

Angel
11-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Funny, problem is it's NOT as cold in Canada. I had to water my lawn and trees last week. UNHEARD OF!!!!

Oh, and Phoenix: We are the Champions!!! ;)

thome
11-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Earth to America! Global Warming is No Joke .......

Beats the Alterative, Yes / No ?

America to Earth. If this is Global Warming, I'll take another 1000yrs of it.

PHOENIX
11-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Angel
Funny, problem is it's NOT as cold in Canada. I had to water my lawn and trees last week. UNHEARD OF!!!!

Oh, and Phoenix: We are the Champions!!! ;)

I guess you're from BC. :D

Angel
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
I guess you're from BC. :D

Nah, EDMONTON - thus the Champions remark. ;)