PDA

View Full Version : I thought the Brits had these social issues all worked out???

John Ashcroft
03-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Teen sexual infections double

In Britain, not the U.S.

Sexually transmitted diseases among teenagers have doubled in the last decade, according to a report.

The number of new episodes of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) among young people under 20 across England, Wales and Northern Ireland rose from 669,291 to 1,332,910 between 1991 and 2001.

The analysis of data on adolescent sexual health was among a series of articles published by the Office for National Statistics on the health of children and young people. Other analyses highlight the increasing prevalence of obesity in children, and the links between mental disorders in young people and smoking, cannabis and alcohol use.

The report on sexual health showed that diagnostic rates of genital chlamydia infection in female adolescents had more than doubled since 1991.

In 2001, more than a third (36%) of all females with the infection were under 20.

The highest diagnostic rates of chlamydia in that year were among females aged 16 to 19, with approximately 1% of the age group diagnosed at clinics in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The report's authors, from the Health Protection Agency, said the data underestimated the true prevalence of chlamydial infection, which does not present symptoms in up to 90% of infected females and can lead to infertility if left untreated.

The increase in diagnoses could be associated with changes in sexual behaviour, and/or greater public and professional awareness of the infection, the report added.

Commenting on the figures, the fpa (formerly the Family Planning Association), said there had been a dramatic rise in public awareness of chlamydia and other STIs.

A spokesperson for fpa added: "Young people are more aware, they are coming forward more and testing more, so you are actually getting more diagnoses. At the same time, it is worrying that young people don't think that STIs are a real risk for them, and it also shows that condoms are not being used consistently."

Link: here (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_907312.html?menu=)

Maybe you limeys are just too prude...

Mr Grimsdale
03-30-2004, 05:18 PM
It's not everyone in the UK, just the chavs, scallys and pikeys.

BigBadBrian
03-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
It's not everyone in the UK, just the chavs, scallys and pikeys.

uh.........Ok.............:confused:

Mr Grimsdale
03-31-2004, 04:06 AM
Chavs are like trailer trash but they live in the South of England.
Scallys are like trailer trash but they live in the North of England.
Pikeys are typically Irish or gypos, they live anywhere they can.

Don't they teach you anything in school?

ELVIS
03-31-2004, 08:25 AM
You have trailers in England ??

Mr Grimsdale
03-31-2004, 09:32 AM
Yes, but they are called Ye Olde Traylers.

BigBadBrian
03-31-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
Chavs are like trailer trash but they live in the South of England.
Scallys are like trailer trash but they live in the North of England.
Pikeys are typically Irish or gypos, they live anywhere they can.

Don't they teach you anything in school?

Hmmm......maybe "British Slang" could be an elective course. :D

ELVIS
03-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Post a pic of one...:D

Mr Grimsdale
03-31-2004, 12:09 PM
I can do better than that, here's a website devoted to chavs:

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

ELVIS
03-31-2004, 12:41 PM
LMAO !!

:D

Mr Grimsdale
03-31-2004, 02:02 PM
I swear this country is about 50% chavs, scallys and pikeys now.
I'm moving to France!

BITEYOASS
03-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Or you can just draft em! Then send em to places like Nigeria or some other third-world shithole in the former empire. Just for the purpose of pacification.

Mr Grimsdale
03-31-2004, 02:38 PM
Now you're talking! Stuff this former empire nonsense, I'm all for taking it back ;)