PDA

View Full Version : JUDAS PRIEST's ROB HALFORD To Guest On New QUEENSRYCHE Album?

Hardrock69
11-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Nov. 22, 2005
JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford is strongly rumored to have been tapped to play the role of "Dr. X" on QUEENSRŸCHE's sequel to their platinum 1988 concept album, "Operation: Mindcrime", tentatively titled "Operation: Mindcrime II".

Although there has been no official announcement on the matter, a posting on QUEENSRŸCHE's official web site (dated Nov. 19) reads, "The band is confirming the singer who plays Dr. X by the end of next week. I think you'll be surprised, he is VERY well known and respected."

As previously reported, QUEENSRŸCHE drummer Scott Rockenfield and guitarist Michael Wilton recorded their parts for "Operation: Mindcrime II" in August at Synergy Studios in Redmond, WA. Michael Stone cut guitars in a studio in a "secret location" in the Bay Area. Singer Geoff Tate is recording vocals now, and will be joined by guest vocalist Pamela Moore and bassist Eddie Jackson on December 1. The band should be in mix mode by December 9 and finished with the entire recording process by December 22.

QUEENSRŸCHE have set a March 14, 2006 release date for the new CD. The band have tapped Reiner Design Concepts $B!=(B the art direction company that did all the artwork for "Operation: Mindcrime" $B!=(B to work on their upcoming album. Production has already begun and the group expect artwork by the end of the year.

Hardrock69
11-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Godammit!

This board has a problem with punctuation, so whenever I post the name Queensryche with an umlaut (two dots) above the Y, it fucks up in the title.

And of course, our benevelont administrators won't allow us children to edit our posts after 20 fucking minutes.

What a bunch of bullshit.
:mad:

FORD
11-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Bay Area?? Oh SHIT, it's Sammy Hagar!! :eek:

(seriously though, it could be Halford, but he lives in Phoenix, not San Francisco)

PHOENIX
11-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Godammit!

This board has a problem with punctuation, so whenever I post the name Queensryche with an umlaut (two dots) above the Y, it fucks up in the title.

And of course, our benevelont administrators won't allow us children to edit our posts after 20 fucking minutes.

What a bunch of bullshit.
:mad:

I edited your title. Its all i can do.

sammysucks65
11-24-2005, 03:26 PM
i like queensryche they toured with priest this year and they rocked.
gotta check that out

Mezro
11-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Bay Area?? Oh SHIT, it's Sammy Hagar!! :eek:

Nope.

Mezro...it is me...I play Dr. X...clubbing my nuts with a hammer to hit the high notes...the things I do for art...

Hardrock69
11-26-2005, 12:06 AM
LMFAO!

I always envisioned Rob as someone who could vocally play some dark & sinister character like this....

They just said Mike Stone cut his guitar tracks at the San Francisco location. They did not say where the vocals will be cut (in the article above).

Hardrock69
11-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Thanks Phoenix!

The Scatologist
11-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Queen or Queensryche? :D

twonabomber
11-26-2005, 04:48 AM
all i know is they play too much Queensryche on Sirius' Hair Nation.

Mr Badguy
11-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
all i know is they play too much Queensryche on Sirius' Hair Nation.

Too much on the wrong kind of station or too much `cos you don`t like it?

Mezro
11-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Too much on the wrong kind of station or too much `cos you don`t like it?

No such thing as too much Queensryche.

Mezro...unless it is that shitty Q2K abortion...what an awful sack of rotted sperm...