X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Journalists who review DLR SUCK!

Just had a conversation with Ameristar (St. Louis, MO) Concert Mgr. about the DLR Concert Cancellation. He was as disappointed as I was, but was telling me that he heard bad press from Jounalists who saw Dave's performances in Florida. He also added that DLR did not sell out seats at Florida performance.....4,000 seats were empty.

Now, as a die-hard CVH fan, I've seen DLR at least 5x now, including 2 performances this year. It may be the same set list, but if you love the music, he Kicks Major *ss ! What the *ell can these jounalists find wrong?????

At least some of us gave the Orlando Sentinel jerk a piece of our mind.

Unfortunately, it will be the same idiots just waiting to attack DLR once he hits the Radio Airwaves....they are just hoping for a crash landing.

I say that Journalists are great at creating bad press and getting naive individuals to believe their BS opinion. Not a good thing....there is always some type of rippling effect.

Let's stay on top of these Journalists and their reviews who are trying to find fault in DAVE.

I'll be watching, reading and emailing them. Journalists need to know that they are being watched just as keenly as they will be watching the DIAMOND ONE.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08
  • Perrott
    Groupie
    • Sep 2005

Opinions are like assholes, I wouldn't let it ruin your day.

Comment

• DavidLeeBroth
      Roadie
      • Jun 2005

Re: Journalists who review DLR SUCK!

Originally posted by bantonelli
      Just had a conversation with Ameristar (St. Louis, MO) Concert Mgr. about the DLR Concert Cancellation. He was as disappointed as I was, but was telling me that he heard bad press from Jounalists who saw Dave's performances in Florida. He also added that DLR did not sell out seats at Florida performance.....4,000 seats were empty.

Now, as a die-hard CVH fan, I've seen DLR at least 5x now, including 2 performances this year. It may be the same set list, but if you love the music, he Kicks Major *ss ! What the *ell can these jounalists find wrong?????

At least some of us gave the Orlando Sentinel jerk a piece of our mind.

Unfortunately, it will be the same idiots just waiting to attack DLR once he hits the Radio Airwaves....they are just hoping for a crash landing.

I say that Journalists are great at creating bad press and getting naive individuals to believe their BS opinion. Not a good thing....there is always some type of rippling effect.

Let's stay on top of these Journalists and their reviews who are trying to find fault in DAVE.

I'll be watching, reading and emailing them. Journalists need to know that they are being watched just as keenly as they will be watching the DIAMOND ONE.
      Yes. Let's attack people that don't like DLR simply for not liking him. That's a fool proof way to generate positive press. Let's not give up until every journalist writes a positive review of his shows and music regardless of wheter they liked it or not.

You're real smart.

Comment

• Millermoos
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2005

Yes. Let's attack people that don't like DLR simply for not liking him. That's a fool proof way to generate positive press. Let's not give up until every journalist writes a positive review of his shows and music regardless of wheter they liked it or not.

You're real smart.
        What's you plan then, just sit and watch?
        Millermoos

Comment

• DavidLeeBroth
          Roadie
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Millermoos
          What's you plan then, just sit and watch?
          Millermoos
          Perhaps we should start an underground resistance. Maybe we could kidnap a journalist and cut of one of his fingers to send a message to others.

Comment

• Millermoos
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2005

I like this: underground resistance.
            Maybe we could kidnap a journalist and cut of one of his fingers to send a message to others.
            This is a bit too extreme for me, I don't want to harm anybody.
            Millermoos

Comment

• Apollo
              Roadie
              • Mar 2004

Why go underground?

Just raise some money to buy the presidency (that's been done before) and pass a new law saying that nobody is allowed to print anything negative about Dave.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Millermoos
                Millermoos
                How 'bout figuring out the [quote] function...

Comment

• fe_lung
                  Sniper
                  • Mar 2004

Re: Journalists who review DLR SUCK!

He also added that DLR did not sell out seats at Florida performance.....4,000 seats were empty.
                  There's the real reason right there. Promoters hate unsold tickets. It's lost money for them. Shows aren't cheap to put on, and if you're leaving that many seats empty then you can't expect a promoter to stick it out. They've got bills to pay too.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2004

Some people just don't get it, and they suck!
                    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Re: Re: Journalists who review DLR SUCK!

Originally posted by DavidLeeBroth

You're real smart.
                      It's not about attacking every Journalist out there.....why bother....everyone has an opinion and I respect that. BUT, what I don't respect is that according this this particular Journalists' article is that it is simply that.....an article in regards to a ROCK LEGEND coming to St. Louis to entertain some fans and the Journalist has implied and decided that DLR is a "Has Been" and that the show will suck PRIOR to the Show happening......This Journalist has already Presumed and decided that the show WILL SUCK, therefore, trying to pursuade others to feel the same way. Gullible individuals, and they are plenty, will sometimes rely on a Journalist to inform them o n whether they should or should not buy a ticket to see someone come to town.

I'm only saying that a Journalist should not pre-judge an event before it's happened and if they give a review of a show that did take place, they should give us an overall review, not their own opinion.
                      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• bantonelli
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Re: Re: Journalists who review DLR SUCK!

Originally posted by DavidLeeBroth

You're real smart.
                        It's not about attacking every Journalist out there.....why bother....everyone has an opinion and I respect that. BUT, what I don't respect is that according this this particular Journalists' article is that it is simply that.....an article in regards to a ROCK LEGEND coming to St. Louis to entertain some fans and the Journalist has implied and decided that DLR is a "Has Been" and that the show will suck PRIOR to the Show happening......This Journalist has already Presumed and decided that the show WILL SUCK, therefore, trying to pursuade others to feel the same way. Gullible individuals, and they are plenty, will sometimes rely on a Journalist to inform them o n whether they should or should not buy a ticket to see someone come to town.

I'm only saying that a Journalist should not pre-judge an event before it's happened and if they give a review of a show that did take place, they should give us a General Overall review, not their subjective opinion.

Comment

• jero
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

4000 seat empty?? How big was the venue then?

Comment

• DavidLeeBroth
                            Roadie
                            • Jun 2005

Re: Re: Re: Journalists who review DLR SUCK!

This Journalist has already Presumed and decided that the show WILL SUCK, therefore, trying to pursuade others to feel the same way. Gullible individuals, and they are plenty, will sometimes rely on a Journalist to inform them o n whether they should or should not buy a ticket to see someone come to town.

I'm only saying that a Journalist should not pre-judge an event before it's happened and if they give a review of a show that did take place, they should give us a General Overall review, not their subjective opinion.
                            Don't know exactly what article you are reffering to but if it is the review of the Orlando show then you're wrong. There are no preassumptions. The writer simply didn't like the show and he didn't like the band, pure and simple. It's an opinion. An opinion you may not agree with but an opinion non the less.

Isn't Sammy about to release an album soon? Ask around these forums. How many people are going to tell you it will suck before hearing it?

It probably will, but that's another matter...

Why should't journalists try to find fault in Dave. That's what a review is for. The guy is just pointing out that the live show isn't what it used to be and that he felt disappointed. Big deal. If someone else liked it, great.

Comment

• Millermoos
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2005

Just raise some money to buy the presidency (that's been done before) and pass a new law saying that nobody is allowed to print anything negative about Dave.

I can't do this either I believe in freedom of speech.

live show isn't what it used to be.

Why should it be? Each concert is different. If I wrote a review I would not compare his concert to previous once he has done, what's the point?
                              Millermoos

Comment

Working...