PDA

View Full Version : Journalists who review DLR SUCK!

bantonelli
11-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Just had a conversation with Ameristar (St. Louis, MO) Concert Mgr. about the DLR Concert Cancellation. He was as disappointed as I was, but was telling me that he heard bad press from Jounalists who saw Dave's performances in Florida. He also added that DLR did not sell out seats at Florida performance.....4,000 seats were empty.

Now, as a die-hard CVH fan, I've seen DLR at least 5x now, including 2 performances this year. It may be the same set list, but if you love the music, he Kicks Major *ss ! What the *ell can these jounalists find wrong?????

At least some of us gave the Orlando Sentinel jerk a piece of our mind.

Unfortunately, it will be the same idiots just waiting to attack DLR once he hits the Radio Airwaves....they are just hoping for a crash landing.

I say that Journalists are great at creating bad press and getting naive individuals to believe their BS opinion. Not a good thing....there is always some type of rippling effect.

Let's stay on top of these Journalists and their reviews who are trying to find fault in DAVE.

I'll be watching, reading and emailing them. Journalists need to know that they are being watched just as keenly as they will be watching the DIAMOND ONE.

Perrott
11-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Opinions are like assholes, I wouldn't let it ruin your day.

DavidLeeBroth
11-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Just had a conversation with Ameristar (St. Louis, MO) Concert Mgr. about the DLR Concert Cancellation. He was as disappointed as I was, but was telling me that he heard bad press from Jounalists who saw Dave's performances in Florida. He also added that DLR did not sell out seats at Florida performance.....4,000 seats were empty.

Now, as a die-hard CVH fan, I've seen DLR at least 5x now, including 2 performances this year. It may be the same set list, but if you love the music, he Kicks Major *ss ! What the *ell can these jounalists find wrong?????

At least some of us gave the Orlando Sentinel jerk a piece of our mind.

Unfortunately, it will be the same idiots just waiting to attack DLR once he hits the Radio Airwaves....they are just hoping for a crash landing.

I say that Journalists are great at creating bad press and getting naive individuals to believe their BS opinion. Not a good thing....there is always some type of rippling effect.

Let's stay on top of these Journalists and their reviews who are trying to find fault in DAVE.

I'll be watching, reading and emailing them. Journalists need to know that they are being watched just as keenly as they will be watching the DIAMOND ONE.

Yes. Let's attack people that don't like DLR simply for not liking him. That's a fool proof way to generate positive press. Let's not give up until every journalist writes a positive review of his shows and music regardless of wheter they liked it or not.

You're real smart. :rolleyes:

Millermoos
11-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Yes. Let's attack people that don't like DLR simply for not liking him. That's a fool proof way to generate positive press. Let's not give up until every journalist writes a positive review of his shows and music regardless of wheter they liked it or not.

You're real smart.
What's you plan then, just sit and watch?
Millermoos

DavidLeeBroth
11-24-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Millermoos
What's you plan then, just sit and watch?
Millermoos

Perhaps we should start an underground resistance. Maybe we could kidnap a journalist and cut of one of his fingers to send a message to others.

Millermoos
11-24-2005, 08:31 AM
I like this: underground resistance.
Maybe we could kidnap a journalist and cut of one of his fingers to send a message to others.
This is a bit too extreme for me, I don't want to harm anybody.
Millermoos

Apollo
11-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Why go underground?

Just raise some money to buy the presidency (that's been done before) and pass a new law saying that nobody is allowed to print anything negative about Dave.

ELVIS
11-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Millermoos

How 'bout figuring out the [quote] function...

fe_lung
11-24-2005, 04:31 PM
He also added that DLR did not sell out seats at Florida performance.....4,000 seats were empty.

There's the real reason right there. Promoters hate unsold tickets. It's lost money for them. Shows aren't cheap to put on, and if you're leaving that many seats empty then you can't expect a promoter to stick it out. They've got bills to pay too.

NATEDOG001976
11-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Some people just don't get it, and they suck!

bantonelli
11-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeBroth

It's not about attacking every Journalist out there.....why bother....everyone has an opinion and I respect that. BUT, what I don't respect is that according this this particular Journalists' article is that it is simply that.....an article in regards to a ROCK LEGEND coming to St. Louis to entertain some fans and the Journalist has implied and decided that DLR is a "Has Been" and that the show will suck PRIOR to the Show happening......This Journalist has already Presumed and decided that the show WILL SUCK, therefore, trying to pursuade others to feel the same way. Gullible individuals, and they are plenty, will sometimes rely on a Journalist to inform them o n whether they should or should not buy a ticket to see someone come to town.

I'm only saying that a Journalist should not pre-judge an event before it's happened and if they give a review of a show that did take place, they should give us an overall review, not their own opinion.

bantonelli
11-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeBroth

It's not about attacking every Journalist out there.....why bother....everyone has an opinion and I respect that. BUT, what I don't respect is that according this this particular Journalists' article is that it is simply that.....an article in regards to a ROCK LEGEND coming to St. Louis to entertain some fans and the Journalist has implied and decided that DLR is a "Has Been" and that the show will suck PRIOR to the Show happening......This Journalist has already Presumed and decided that the show WILL SUCK, therefore, trying to pursuade others to feel the same way. Gullible individuals, and they are plenty, will sometimes rely on a Journalist to inform them o n whether they should or should not buy a ticket to see someone come to town.

I'm only saying that a Journalist should not pre-judge an event before it's happened and if they give a review of a show that did take place, they should give us a General Overall review, not their subjective opinion.

jero
11-29-2005, 03:29 AM

4000 seat empty?? How big was the venue then?

DavidLeeBroth
11-29-2005, 06:24 AM
This Journalist has already Presumed and decided that the show WILL SUCK, therefore, trying to pursuade others to feel the same way. Gullible individuals, and they are plenty, will sometimes rely on a Journalist to inform them o n whether they should or should not buy a ticket to see someone come to town.

I'm only saying that a Journalist should not pre-judge an event before it's happened and if they give a review of a show that did take place, they should give us a General Overall review, not their subjective opinion.

Don't know exactly what article you are reffering to but if it is the review of the Orlando show then you're wrong. There are no preassumptions. The writer simply didn't like the show and he didn't like the band, pure and simple. It's an opinion. An opinion you may not agree with but an opinion non the less.

Isn't Sammy about to release an album soon? Ask around these forums. How many people are going to tell you it will suck before hearing it?

It probably will, but that's another matter...

Why should't journalists try to find fault in Dave. That's what a review is for. The guy is just pointing out that the live show isn't what it used to be and that he felt disappointed. Big deal. If someone else liked it, great.

Millermoos
11-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Just raise some money to buy the presidency (that's been done before) and pass a new law saying that nobody is allowed to print anything negative about Dave.

I can't do this either I believe in freedom of speech.

live show isn't what it used to be.

Why should it be? Each concert is different. If I wrote a review I would not compare his concert to previous once he has done, what's the point?
Millermoos

Warham
11-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Journalists finding fault in Dave? Good Lord, what's the world comin' to?

I don't think we need to read reviews to find faults with Dave.

DavidLeeBroth
11-29-2005, 07:51 AM
If I wrote a review I would not compare his concert to previous once he has done, what's the point?
Millermoos

What are you on? Of course there is a point if the writer feels the show is worse than it used to be. You telling me if you go to a concert, watch a show on tv, have a meal at a restaurant etc. etc. you're not going to compare it to the last time? Of course you are. That's how your standard is formed. How do you rate a show if you don't compare it to anything else?

Apollo
11-29-2005, 08:30 AM

I can't do this either I believe in freedom of speech.

live show isn't what it used to be.

Why should it be? Each concert is different. If I wrote a review I would not compare his concert to previous once he has done, what's the point?
Millermoos

The point is that people go to see Dave because of his past live shows. They are not there to listen to him play songs from his nonexistant new album. They are there to see him play the old material.

Fact is that to many people Dave is just an aging rock performer whose best days are long gone (along with his hair), who is making the same jokes he has done a 1000 times before and playing the same songs he has played a 1000 times before.

Millermoos
11-29-2005, 02:11 PM
telling me if you go to a concert, watch a show on tv, have a meal at a restaurant etc. etc. you're not going to compare it to the last time?

No not really I don't understand why I should compare it to the previous one? Every day it's different. Each meal, each concert it's different maybe I am the only one around who does not compare, who knows?
Millermoos

bantonelli
11-29-2005, 02:29 PM
telling me if you go to a concert, watch a show on tv, have a meal at a restaurant etc. etc. you're not going to compare it to the last time?

No not really I don't understand why I should compare it to the previous one? Every day it's different. Each meal, each concert it's different maybe I am the only one around who does not compare, who knows?
Millermoos

I may compare food at a restaurant because what they produce each day is relatively the same...lettuce is lettuce.

When it comes to DLR and Concerts I don't compare too much only because HE is the product and with human beings we feel different each day....I don't think he wants to do a concert so routinely day after day.....gets boring fast and it would take the enjoyment out of the product. Instead, DLR may do things differently, dancing to the beat of his own drum, going with how he feels based on whichever way the wind blows. No one feels the same each day, therefore, no concert will be identical each time...so why compare?

I might dance tangent one day to "Beautiful Girls" and then on another day, I might just be cool and low key when I hear it.....with human beings, and we are talking about a human being, there is unpredictability, different emotions each day.

Dave may do "Ice Cream Man" in a rowdie In Your Face way one day, and do a snazzy jazzy style of it like he does on his 2003 Album...whose to know and for that, I don't compare his performances as better last time or worse this time....I'd just say he did it differently.

DavidLeeBroth
11-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Every day it's different. Each meal, each concert it's different maybe I am the only one around who does not compare, who knows?
Millermoos

Maybe you are the only one around who's stupid, who knows?

One has certain expectations based on earlier experiences. Therefore it is only natural if not inevitable to compare today's lackluster shows to the great ones 20 years ago.
Millermoos

billymilligan
11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
:p i wish david would suck me...

Apollo
11-30-2005, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by billymilligan
:p i wish david would suck me...

If he did twice, would you compare the second time to the first?

julesk
11-30-2005, 02:32 PM
gay.

Jimmy Jingles
11-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by julesk
gay.

You are

Jimmy Jingles
11-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
How 'bout figuring out the [quote] function...

LMFAO!!!!

I second that!

julesk
12-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
You are

cocksucker