PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen Is Dead. For Real !

silent
11-23-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't even like coming on here anymore. There is nothing new. Now Dave is doing Radio. So it's like this... Old Van Halen will not get back together !! Done. Im glad I got my Bootlegs live videos.

Jimmy Jingles
11-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by silent
I don't even like coming on here anymore. There is nothing new. Now Dave is doing Radio. So it's like this... Old Van Halen will not get back together !! Done. Im glad I got my Bootlegs live videos.

BUH-BYE

The Army will never be the same without you and your 6 posts.

fuckhowardstern
11-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Ya know, just because the chance of a CVH reunion is negligible does not mean that Van Halen is "dead". O.K. so there probably will be no more new music with the CVH lineup; there will be no more music with the classic Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd lineup either and there is a tremendous internet community regarding those and other bands I could site. I don't want to get sappy, but the music that these bands made touched a lot of people in very significant ways - they made us all very happy in one way or another in a shit world that for the most part sucks. Even the posters on this site who inssesantly rag on Dave will agree that the music that Van Halen made with Roth was awesome and still has some merit to most of our lives or we wouldn't be here in the first place. I would still rather listen to any of the classic 6 instead of 98% of what I have heard to come out since 1985 and you can throw every grunge, hip-hop and this new batch of hard rock and emo poser bullshit in the 98% category as well. So because there will be no new VH music does not make this site obsolete or irrelevant. I for one still enjoy reading about the band and have gained a lot of insight from the posts on this forum and on the main page in the short time I have been a member. Additionally, I find a lot of the posts fucking hilariously entertaining.

So if you are burned out on the site - o.k. take a break.....but I respectfully disagree with the implication that because there will be no renion, there is no point to this site.

jimothy60
11-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Wow...don't be so bummed. There are web sites for everything, existant and non-existant. Sorry your life sucks. Maybe you can start you're own web site, or even church. Call it "The Assembly of the First Assembly of Van Halen". Maybe this will bring more happiness in your life....

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by fuckhowardstern
Ya know, just because the chance of a CVH reunion is negligible does not mean that Van Halen is "dead". O.K. so there probably will be no more new music with the CVH lineup; there will be no more music with the classic Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd lineup either and there is a tremendous internet community regarding those and other bands I could site. I don't want to get sappy, but the music that these bands made touched a lot of people in very significant ways - they made us all very happy in one way or another in a shit world that for the most part sucks. Even the posters on this site who inssesantly rag on Dave will agree that the music that Van Halen made with Roth was awesome and still has some merit to most of our lives or we wouldn't be here in the first place. I would still rather listen to any of the classic 6 instead of 98% of what I have heard to come out since 1985 and you can throw every grunge, hip-hop and this new batch of hard rock and emo poser bullshit in the 98% category as well. So because there will be no new VH music does not make this site obsolete or irrelevant. I for one still enjoy reading about the band and have gained a lot of insight from the posts on this forum and on the main page in the short time I have been a member. Additionally, I find a lot of the posts fucking hilariously entertaining.

So if you are burned out on the site - o.k. take a break.....but I respectfully disagree with the implication that because there will be no renion, there is no point to this site.

Most succinct and powerful admonition for this site I've ever read. Well said and good on ya, mate.
M

DLRDUDE
11-23-2005, 09:26 PM

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-23-2005, 09:42 PM
children, look at the above post. this is what you call post-packing.

DLRDUDE
11-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey nice post there Silent:rolleyes: Maybe CVH is no longer live in concert but that's what a site like this is for. You may or may not remember the days before Sammy came along but starting a senseless thread like this is stupid. It's pretty obvious there won't be a reunion and Dave's going to be doing radio so just sit back and listen to some old Halen and think of Beautiful girls...Peace;)

WARF
11-23-2005, 09:51 PM
I quit!

I'm leaving for good!

DLRDUDE
11-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
children, look at the above post. this is what you call post-packing.

If you're referring to me I didn't mean to post a quote and leave that as a reply, got a little side tracked that's all. Chill out. If you were referring to the thread starter then I appologize for overreacting :-)

Jurak
11-23-2005, 10:06 PM

fuckin standing ovation dude, well said, and nuff said! :D

jimothy60
11-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Van Halen was just an average band with a unique "at the time" guitarist. If not for Eddie Van Halen they would have gone nowhere, probably not even playing close to the "Strip" in LA. The first time I heard them on the radio in the late 70's I thought that it was Black Oak Arkansas. Dave got a lot of his schtick from Jim Dandy of Black Oak..but again, this ain't anything new.

Why aren't they in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

It's great to have this web site, obviously people still dig the old Van Halen and Dave Roth. Lots of hits on the site. More power to it.

I like Dave, he's an asshole, but a good, cocky dude. This is why he will be fantastic on radio. People tend to dig him.

Eddie on the other hand, seems like a totally miserable fellow. The spotlight lasts only so long.

ELVIS
11-23-2005, 10:41 PM

So if you are burned out on the site - o.k. take a break.....

Yeah, his six posts probably drained his brain...

ELVIS
11-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by jimothy60
I like Dave, he's an asshole, but a good, cocky dude. This is why he will be fantastic on radio. People tend to dig him.

:dork:

ULTRAMAN VH
11-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, okay there is nothing going on in the VH camp and their reunion with Sham Fatgar took the legacy of VH to a new level of embarassment. The Diamond One is heading for a new career in radio and the real VH has been split for 21 years, despite a tease reunion which shook the world of Rock music to it's core for about 10 minutes. It is frustrating to be a fan of the band VAN HALEN. But this site is worth a visit if not for the comradery, but the fact that this site keeps classic VH alive.
Lets be realistic, the VH sisters made it real clear that DLR is not in their future, so if you need a dose of classic DLR/VH this site accomodates us quite well. The bootleg posts are great and if you want a debate, you can find one here 24-7. I just recently had a war with The frying dutchman which got pretty heated, but I got some major laugh's out of it also. The DLR ARMY was a great find, but if you are looking for new news, your grasping at straws because VH has gone into seclusion and their well has pretty much run dry. Their only trump card is DLR, and pride with a huge dose of ego prevents them from using that card. This is a fun site to visit, but what else would you expect from something that carry's the moniker of THE DIAMOND ONE.

Soul Reaper
11-24-2005, 01:22 PM

You make it sound like you've been on here for a long time...

Pathetic...

jhale667
11-24-2005, 08:10 PM

ahem.:rolleyes:

Diamondjimi
11-25-2005, 12:14 AM

Well take your bootlegs and FUCK OFF !!!

Golden AWe
11-25-2005, 12:46 AM
where am i?

DarkRuler
11-25-2005, 07:34 AM
!

NATEDOG001976
11-25-2005, 08:05 AM
This site rocks. Dave will tour again, I think it's cool he's doing radio for a while.

Terry
11-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame has no relevance for me regarding CVH's status as a great band. RRHOF has about as much to do with rock as the Hard Rock Cafe or the Cabo Wabo Cantina, which is to say nil. As if just because the RRHOF hasn't inducted CVH this somehow means something...just nonsense.

Van Halen as a contemporary band don't have much of a future anymore, agreed.

CVH music is always gonna resonate with me. Long as it continues to do so, CVH will never be dead.

Jurak
11-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Aye, that laddie...

bantonelli
11-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by jimothy60
Van Halen was just an average band with a unique "at the time" guitarist. If not for Eddie Van Halen they would have gone nowhere, probably not even playing close to the "Strip" in LA. The first time I heard them on the radio in the late 70's I thought that it was Black Oak Arkansas. Dave got a lot of his schtick from Jim Dandy of Black Oak..but again, this ain't anything new.

Why aren't they in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

It's great to have this web site, obviously people still dig the old Van Halen and Dave Roth. Lots of hits on the site. More power to it.

Eddie on the other hand, seems like a totally miserable fellow. The spotlight lasts only so long.

Hey South Carolina, I hate to disagree with you, but VAN HALEN (Classic - ROTH era...that is) was not average by any stretch of the imagination. If you think they were average, then who was above average? Don't say Marshall Tucker, even though with the Caldwell Bros. they were great for their style of Southern Rock.

Van Halen was on the map due in large part because of ROTH. Yeah, people dig ROTH for all that he represents and it was ROTH who took Ed & Al to Hollywood. If you watch the "Early Van Halen Years" DVD - it's all there for your naked, steaming eyes and ears to hear the truth of how they began and how things evolved for them. ROTH was a major contributor to the success of ED Van Halen...otherwise he might still be doing Eruption in front of a backyard party..

What part of South Carolina are you from? I spent a great deal of time in Greenwood.

SummerWheatly
11-30-2005, 05:35 PM
No one leaves here unless their lying in a coffin.

katie
11-30-2005, 06:12 PM

Thats nice, Now you can FUCK off then

You have only been here for 5mins...

ZahZoo
11-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I quit!

I'm leaving for good!

About time ya big pussy!! Asta la bye-bye!!

DrMaddVibe
12-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Van Halen dead?

1985 called...they want their mullet back.

thome
12-01-2005, 01:22 PM
There's a jillion Great Guitarists out there each w/ his unique- Talents-
and -Thing- all worthy of a listen . But if you want to form a Band
that is more than just acoustical Music, you need a Singer.

A great even just a Good front man can make or break the sound
and a superb talent is Rare. Dave is -Great- Good- And -Rare-.To
all musicians and fans alike.

The four guys were really trend setters and style creators The Van Halen Style of arranging and so forth changed music and spawned
countless Bands who Dug the style many w/ Great success. So this
CVH is in line w/ the Beatles, Who ,Zep, ZZ Top,Sex Pistols all
Bands that Changed and created new Bands. So, if you Dislike
CVH and are a Musician or a Fan of Rock Hard or Big( my idea of CVH
sound style) Your Wrong Blind Deaf and Dumb!

To think any form of Van Halen would have Ever been heard w/out
Dave is rediculous.Dave Is All What That Was and Will Be!

Van hagar was a diff band and should have had a diff Name .