PDA

View Full Version : I'll Be Damned.....BLACK SABBATH To Be Inducted Into ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Hardrock69
11-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Nov. 25, 2005

According to a posting on BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi's official web site, SABBATH will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fameat the 21st annual induction ceremony in New York next March. There are plans to broadcast an edited version of the ceremony on VH1. More information will be made available soon.

Iommi recently told Launch he was not happy that SABBATH have not yet been inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. "I'm pissed off about that," he said. "I think that's... you know, I don't normally go round blowing our own trumpet saying we are this and we are that. I'm not that kind of person but I really think we deserve... you know, to be in that. Because without us that kind of music wouldn't have existed. 'Cause a lot of bands that have sparked off from us wouldn't be around and there probably wouldn't be this kind of music."

Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.

Six years ago, Ozzy Osbourne attempted to take BLACK SABBATH's name off the Hall of Fame's 1999 nomination list, deeming the institution's nod "meaningless."

In an October 1999 letter to the Hall of Fame, Osbourne said: "Just take our name off the list. Save the ink. Forget about us. The nomination is meaningless, because it's not voted on by the fans. It's voted on by the supposed elite for the industry and the media, who've never bought an album or concert ticket in their lives, so their vote is irrelevant to me." He added, "Let's face it, BLACK SABBATH has never been media darlings. We're a people's band and that suits us just fine."

PHOENIX
11-26-2005, 10:33 AM
I dunno if i can believe this. They usually announce nominees in the summer and then decide who gets inducted in the fall. This seems a little early.

Mr. Vengeance
11-26-2005, 11:17 AM
It would be about time!

BruinJer
11-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Makes you wonder when the push for Ozzy (the solo artist) to be inducted will begin...

What's the deal with Van Halen??? When are they going to be inducted ???

DrMaddVibe
11-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by BruinJer
What's the deal with Van Halen??? When are they going to be inducted ???

They don't deserve to be in the HoF!

bueno bob
11-26-2005, 11:12 PM
The RNRHOF is a joke, anyway...BUT - if Tony wants in, Tony should BE in...without Tony, everybody would still be playing loud but not heavy and that's all the difference right there.

Of course, year after year, Ozzy says Sabbath declines the invitation since it isn't voted on by the fans (and Sabbath were/are a band about the fans and not media darlings by any stretch of imagination), so it'll be interesting to see how all this plays out in the next couple of months, particularly if Tony's adamant about wanting Sabbath's name in there and Ozzy's adamant about not wanting it there.

And of course, Ronnie's in the wings... :D

PHOENIX
11-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Well its official!

NEW YORK - Black Sabbath, Miles Davis and the Sex Pistols are among five musical legends to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation will hold its induction ceremony March 13 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan, the organization announced Monday.

Also to be inducted into the class of 2006: 1980s New Wave band Blondie and Southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss, who founded A&M records in 1962, will receive a lifetime achievement award in the non-performer category.

Inductees into the side-men category will be announced at a later date.

Musicians, industry professionals and journalists vote on the nominations. Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.

Matt White
11-28-2005, 12:00 PM
The Sabs, THe PIstols & Lenny Skinny.....

ALL WORTHY

PHOENIX
11-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Oh Yeah!

Diver Down NJ
11-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BruinJer
Makes you wonder when the push for Ozzy (the solo artist) to be inducted will begin...

Never. Two classic albums and 20 years of mediocre crap afterwards isn't what I'd call HOF worthy.

Of course, people have already been inducted for less.

PHOENIX
11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
We're so Pretty Oh so pretty....pretty vacant!

Bill Lumbergh
11-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Great! Too bad it took Ozzy to REALLY sell out to get this to happen.................

Mr. Vengeance
11-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Next up ought to be Alice Cooper....there are a shitload of people in the HOF who don't deserve it, and Alice never even gets on the ballot.

WACF
11-28-2005, 01:05 PM
I agree with Bueno Bob...it is a joke.

It really does not matter....

PHOENIX
11-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Next up ought to be Alice Cooper....there are a shitload of people in the HOF who don't deserve it, and Alice never even gets on the ballot.

Wow Alice isnt even in there.

The weird thing is that Sabbath were eligible since 1994.

NATEDOG001976
11-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Black Sabbath deserves it. The Sex Pistols??? fucking overrated if you ask me! Van Halen sure the hell deserves it more than the lowly Sex Pistols!

bueno bob
11-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Fuck, Percy Sledge is in there and he had ONE hit, no more.

Just ONE.

That's it.

So...you do the math...

bueno bob
11-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Fuck, Percy Sledge is in there and he had ONE hit, no more...and his career was OVER.

Just ONE.

That's it.

So...you do the math...

NATEDOG001976
11-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Fuck, Percy Sledge is in there and he had ONE hit, no more...and his career was OVER.

Just ONE.

That's it.

So...you do the math...

Smells like bull shit to me!

NATEDOG001976
11-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Can you guys vote for me also?

P.S. I kick ass!

Lol

Unchainme
11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Get that Piece of shit Museum OUT OF CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah thanks RN'R Hall of Fame, Not only do you put Non-Rock and Rollers into the museum (The O'Jays Grate Band, But Not a Rock Band.) You cost us the Browns and a LOMBARDI TROPHY!!!!. Yes I hate that fucking museum with a fucking passion.

VonHalen
11-28-2005, 06:12 PM
just the original 4 or is Dio and Martin gonna be there too?

VonHalen
11-28-2005, 06:13 PM
just the original 4 or is Dio gillan, hughes, martin, gonna be there too?

VonHalen
11-28-2005, 06:14 PM
oops

Bill Lumbergh
11-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Cozy Powell is in................................................ .the ground.

roryrobson666
11-30-2005, 04:13 AM
yay!!!! sabbath all the way!
what does everybody think of the heavan and hell album?

Vinnie Velvet
11-30-2005, 08:50 AM
As much as I think the RARHOF is a joke, I'm happy for Sabbath getting in.

They deserve it and Tony is right. Wihtout Sabbath, where would metal/hard rock music be today? They are the true pioneers of the genre.

Van Halen will NEVER get inducted, mark my words, because of the circus it became from 1996 on.

Even when Van Hagar was still around, VH were still a front runner to get into the hall.

Now, not the case.

Mr. Vengeance
11-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by roryrobson666
yay!!!! sabbath all the way!
what does everybody think of the heavan and hell album?

Good album from start to finish. I didn't warm up to it at first because it wasn't Ozzy, but Neon Knights just plain ROCKS!

PHOENIX
11-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by VonHalen
just the original 4 or is Dio gillan, hughes, martin, gonna be there too?

If those guys show up i'll bet Sharon will have eggs thrown at them:D

Hardrock69
11-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Shit...someone else needs to egg Ozzy!

Vinnie Velvet
11-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Shit...someone else needs to egg Ozzy!

Yeah, no kidding.

Maybe they should get Bruce to officially induct them into the hall.

;)

bueno bob
11-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Cozy Powell is in................................................ .the ground.
SHUT UP! :mad:

RESPECT COZY, FAG!! :mad:

No seriously, I mean that. I hate you Bill, it makes me so mad! :mad:

Bill Lumbergh
12-01-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
SHUT UP! :mad:

RESPECT COZY, FAG!! :mad:

No seriously, I mean that. I hate you Bill, it makes me so mad! :mad:

Fag.........:rolleyes:

bueno bob
12-01-2005, 06:39 PM