PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rhoads with Quiet Riot Clip

PHOENIX
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
CLICK HERE (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3708416989263143372&q=guitar+ozzy)

Jérôme Frenchise
11-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks for others, PHOENIX... Google video is "currently unavailable" in my country. :(:cool:

Caged
11-28-2005, 02:19 PM
That was def. one good reason to like them.

thanks for the link

PHOENIX
11-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Its not great quality but you'll notice his solo has certain parts he did while he was also in Ozzy's band.

Caged
11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
well it was the first thing I thought of. It was really Ozzy sounding. But then again, it stands to reason, the only reason Ozzy was/is huge are the following:

Wife
Rhoads
Zakk
Jake E Lee. (ok, maybe not Jake) :D

jhale667
11-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Caged
[B But then again, it stands to reason, the only reason Ozzy was/is huge are the following:

Wife
Rhoads
Zakk
Jake E Lee. (ok, maybe not Jake) :D [/B]

...You can't discount Jake. Admittedly the period was cheesy, but 'Bark at the Moon' has some cool riffs on it. I saw him when I was a KID on the 'Speak of the Devil' tour---we were expecting it to be Brad Gillis--and I've NEVER seen anyone nail Randy's parts so closely. Not even Zakk.

ELVIS
11-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Its not great quality but you'll notice his solo has certain parts he did while he was also in Ozzy's band.

Never would of guessed had you not pointed it out...;)

Not the greatest playing, and the song leading into it sucks...

ELVIS
11-29-2005, 12:08 AM
The song sucks even worse after the guitar solo...

ELVIS
11-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Caged
But then again, it stands to reason, the only reason Ozzy was/is huge are the following:

Wife
Rhoads
Zakk
Jake E Lee. (ok, maybe not Jake) :D

Oh yeah ??

What about Sabbath ??

You're a real genious...:rolleyes:

My favorite Ozzy guitarist is Brad Gillis...

:elvis:

BrownSound1
11-29-2005, 01:14 AM
I always liked Jake the best of any of them. I dunno, Randy was ok, but I just don't see how people can say he was better than EVH was.

Brett
11-29-2005, 01:34 AM
Quiet Riot really was a shitty band with Randy, they had some bad fucking songs.

Ever heard "Picking Up The Pieces?" They released that as a single. A totally cornball tune, it's almost embarrassing.

Randy really got better when he joined Ozzy. I love Randy's playing, but he's not better than Ed.

Jake E. Lee is very underrated. Did some great work in Badlands, another band nobody rememebers or knows about, but was good.

Don Corleone
11-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
but I just don't see how people can say he was better than EVH was.

An early death does wonders for your career.

jhale667
11-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

...God, I copped SO many Floyd Rose tricks off that dude as a kid. Amazing technique, and also the guy who's sound originally turned me on to Mesa/Boogie's...:killer:

ELVIS
11-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Get the Speak Of The Devil DVD...

jhale667
11-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Get the Speak Of The Devil DVD...

...I'll do that! Thankyaverymuch. ;)

ELVIS
11-29-2005, 06:01 AM
It's one of my favorite DVD's, fo' sho' !!

ELVIS
11-29-2005, 06:09 AM
I just started watching it for the millionth time...

The first song is Over The Mountain...

Pro shot, Pro recording...

The vocals are Overdubbed like the Speak Of The Devil album...

But, the best thing, It's all Ozzy songs except Paranoid, and Iron Man / Childern Of The Grave...

Tommy Aldridge is awesome as usual and Rudy Sarzo plays a fretless bass, often fingering the fretboard from over the top of the neck...

Ozzy looks cool too...:D

Go find it on ebay...

Caged
11-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Oh yeah ??

What about Sabbath ??

You're a real genious...:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: another mod trying to jump on a newb. good work! :D I didn't discount Sabbath, I was merely talking about his solo career. There was a sabbath b4 Ozzy ya know.

You're a real genious..... :fucku:

PHOENIX
11-29-2005, 10:34 AM
I thought i was the only one who liked Brad Gillis.

He really blew me away on that Speak of the Devil album.

jhale667
11-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
I thought i was the only one who liked Brad Gillis.

He really blew me away on that Speak of the Devil album.

Ditto. Like I said, he was THE guy to get bar tricks from in the day, moreso than EVH (who was only dumping the low 'E' and doing harmonic squeals, if you think about it...not to discount him in any way). Gillis was the guy doing the 'gargle' sound (slapping the bar while fretting notes), doing exact octave drops, he had it DOWN. Plus his sound was as monstrous as anybody's in the day, and probably the main reason why running stereo became the norm in the '80s....he also helped put Mesa-Boogie on the map...I mean, besides Santana and Keef, who else was using Boogies before him?

Mr_Pink
12-06-2005, 04:26 AM
Right-on with that clip.
That google video is the best thing to happen in awhile.

I was going to say it sucked which, it did until the band stopped,and he played solo.
RR always will be cool.
Thank god ozzy didn't let him wear that bowtie. I think he was really attached to it.

The drummer kept that band down, more so than the way-gay image,and dire songs.

Agree with the Brad Gillis DVD being a sweet pick up.
I recorded that back in the day, and wore it out. It was cool to watch it again.