It's official: Sabbath, Skynyrd, and Sex Pistols for the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's official: Sabbath, Skynyrd, and Sex Pistols for the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame!

Rock Hall of Fame Announces Inductees

2 hours, 5 minutes ago

Black Sabbath, Miles Davis and the Sex Pistols are among five musical legends to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation will hold its induction ceremony March 13 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan, the organization announced Monday.

Also to be inducted into the class of 2006: 1980s New Wave band Blondie and Southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss, who founded A&M records in 1962, will receive a lifetime achievement award in the non-performer category.

Inductees into the side-men category will be announced at a later date.

Musicians, industry professionals and journalists vote on the nominations. Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.

___

On the Net:

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Sabbath- YES
    Skynryd- YES
    Sex Pistols-YES
    Blondie- Mixed, I guess they deserve it
    Miles Davis- Ummmmmmm, No, He's not a Rock and Roller, Hes grate musician no question, just shouldn't be in there.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think they occasionally vote someone like Davis in because of his influence on other musicians. Jimi Hendrix & Prince, just to name two examples of previous inductees, were not only influenced by Miles, but rumored to have recorded tracks with him. Both bootlegs are supposedly around, but I haven't heard them.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
        I think they occasionally vote someone like Davis in because of his influence on other musicians. Jimi Hendrix & Prince, just to name two examples of previous inductees, were not only influenced by Miles, but rumored to have recorded tracks with him. Both bootlegs are supposedly around, but I haven't heard them.
        Hmmmmm, Would love to hear the Hendrix boot. I'm looking it up right now and it says that Hendrix and him were huge fans of each other. If anyone has the boot I Would love to hear it.

Comment

• VonHalen
          Foot Soldier
          • Jul 2005

about time for sabbath

Comment

• blueturk
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

So where the fuck is Alice Cooper (the band) at?

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

About time for all five fucking acts. That brings their stock up in spades. This is the first time in years I remember fully respecting every act that's inducted.

Maybe they've been realizing that nominating the O'JAYS but not LYNYRD fucking SKYNYRD looks really bad...

And don't knock BLONDIE. Great band...lots of awesome songs.

SEX PISTOLS...one of the best bands ever. NMTB is still one of the best rock 'n' roll albums ever recorded.

SKYNYRD...my favorite band. Van Zant was a genius.

MILES DAVIS...a huge rock 'n' roll influence and he dabbled in it himself. He deserves it for all the fusion shit and experiments of the 70s.

BLACK SABBATH...this doesn't even need an explanation. They virtually invented heavy riff rock by stripping down the Zeppelin formula to its barest essentials.
              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

You couldn't get a much different variety of Artists this year. Gotta hand it to them. I mean you have the Pioneers of Heavy Metal in Sabbath. The Ultimate Punk Band in The Sex Pistols. The Ultimate Southern Rock Band in Skynryd (FREEEEBIRRRRDDDD!!!!!!!). One of the Best New Wave bands in Blondie, and Finally Miles Davis who inspired quite a few Rock groups. This is one time they got it right, Now if they can learn to do it this way more often. I want to see:
                Stevie Ray Vaughan
                Alice Cooper
                KISS
                Fleetwood Mac (Are They In Yet?)
                CVH
                get in '07.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Fleetwood Mac was inducted in 1998.

I agree on Alice Cooper though. And Van HALEN (not van Hagar) for next year. Stevie Ray will get in eventually, but i'm not sure he's going to get in on his first year of eligibility, given recent trends.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

STEVIE RAY will get in on his first year because he's got an air of "respectability" about him and is a martyr.

As for ALICE COOPER (and KISS), another fucking blasphemy. AC is one of the most influential artists of the 1970s...stage-wise and song-wise.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Journey could make it in soon knowing the RN'R HOF.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                        Journey could make it in soon knowing the RN'R HOF.
                        Who the Hell would nominate them?
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I just saw this...

Nice!

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                            Blondie- Mixed, I guess they deserve it
                            Fuckin' A they DESERVE it!!!

Blondie's bad ass!!!

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              And Van HALEN (not van Hagar) for next year.
                              It would be the ultimate if the industry did the right thing and completely snubbed Sammy Hagar.
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...