PDA

View Full Version : Amazing level of alcohol in the blood for a driver

Jérôme Frenchise
11-29-2005, 01:22 PM
In the beginning of last February, a driver nearly hit a car driving the other way, got out of the road, "gendarmes" arrived and handed him a breathalizer. They had to do the test again, then had a blood test made, as they didn't believe the first result... Verdict: 9.76 grams (per litre of blood)!! They placed him in a cell to sober up... They should have sent him to hospital, IMO.
The 37 year-old man, a well-known alcoholic, had never been controlled before, whereas he's always used his car every day. But that night, he had drunk 3/4 of a bottle of whisky just before driving his car. Fortunately, he was driving very slowly, all lights on, before he missed a curve and ended in a ditch near a village called Polliat, near Lyon.

Before that, the highest level record was "held" by a Latvian, with 8 grams.

There was an immediate trial before a court that tries criminal casesof a fairly serious nature... I'm going to check out what became of him then.

:bottle: :D

Oh, by the way, too late to post a poll, but:

Do you drink and drive? I very rarely do, but it still happens, a few times a year. :o

Jérôme Frenchise
11-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, that's it: he was given an 8-month prison sentence (including 7 suspended...). He had to pay a 150-euro fee, had his driver's license cancelled, with the impossibility to take the exam again before 3 years. He also was compelled to health care for his alcoholism. :gulp:

flappo
12-01-2005, 02:09 AM
he should be given a fucking medal

Golden AWe
12-01-2005, 02:55 AM
We had someone close the record just a moment ago in Funland...I'll check out his ratings but it was A LOT!

FORD
12-01-2005, 05:12 AM
Not proud of the fact, but I definitely drove at least once when I was far past the limit - both in the case of alcohol and of anger. Only reason I was driving at all was that I was determined to kill these fucking assholes that threw a bottle at my car previously that night. I'd already punched a hole in the kitchen wall and attempted to "borrow" my friend's 44 magnum, which thankfully he stopped me from doing (but actually got in the car with me, with the gun which was probably just as bad)

To this day, I don't drink Bacardi 151. No other alcohol has ever made me violent like that. It's only by the Grace of God I didn't kill myself or someone else that night.

ELVIS
12-01-2005, 05:42 AM
My first DWI I blew a 2.79...

Even that's alot...

I don't know how you get a 9.76...

Maybe with no liver function whatsoever...

:elvis:

kentuckyklira
12-01-2005, 06:06 AM
You could even get a buzz from drinking that guy´s blood!

ELVIS
12-01-2005, 08:36 AM
That is true...

Nickdfresh
12-01-2005, 08:41 AM
It's about 20-Proof!

Nickdfresh
12-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Not proud of the fact, but I definitely drove at least once when I was far past the limit - both in the case of alcohol and of anger. Only reason I was driving at all was that I was determined to kill these fucking assholes that threw a bottle at my car previously that night. I'd already punched a hole in the kitchen wall and attempted to "borrow" my friend's 44 magnum, which thankfully he stopped me from doing (but actually got in the car with me, with the gun which was probably just as bad)

To this day, I don't drink Bacardi 151. No other alcohol has ever made me violent like that. It's only by the Grace of God I didn't kill myself or someone else that night.

**Note to self**

Never, ever throw anything at FORD's car...

Eyes of the Night
12-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Amazing thread ...

My DUI was only 1.5 ... along with swallowing and 1/8th of cronic when they pulled me over;) ...

Mr. Vengeance
12-01-2005, 11:41 AM

I hear you on the 151!!! Something should have told me that it's a bad idea to drink any liquid that comes with a flame retardant cap! I was never so sick as I was after drinking that!

When I think of any of the really dumb things I've done in my life, they all somehow involve alcohol. Fortunately I don't get in my car!! But, I've lost a job because of something I did because I was drunk and not thinking clearly...Countless arguments with girlfriends....That morning-after drinkers remorse is a bitch! I'm glad that it's only a blue-moon thing for me and not addiction.

Baby's On Fire
12-15-2005, 01:00 AM

I've driven drunk quite literally hundreds of times. I'm not proud of it....just sayin' (I don't do that anymore, though it was never planned in the first place).

Even got pulled over drunk more than once, but managed to get away without a breathalizer each time.

Jérôme Frenchise
12-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
I've driven drunk quite literally hundreds of times. I'm not proud of it....just sayin' (I don't do that anymore, though it was never planned in the first place).

Hundreds of times, but never EVER planned? Ahem! :D

In the North of France, they make sweets with a very strong taste of mint, that is famous for lowering your level of alcohol (well, only in your breath, actually). I personally never have any, because it will make me wanna throw up), but at dawn you'll often hear "Hey, have you got any 'Croibleu'"? :D
And cops will easily recognize the very strong smell... Then, you'd better not be too close under the limit (0.5 grams per liter), because no doubt they'll take a blood sample from you! :cool:

NATEDOG001976
12-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by flappo
he should be given a fucking medal

He made a great effort, I'll give him that.