PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Revolver.

Dirty Duck
11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
I can see it comin' Army...DUPE! Eiether way,I havent seen a thread posted on this band. Love the CD..some really kick ass songs. It's good to hear a REAL rock band again. I love Slash..Duff..Matt...and my boy Scott. Anyone else dig these cats? Favorite songs? Is the band releasing a new album soon? Give it to me Army!

Soul Reaper
11-30-2005, 11:39 AM
We haven't heard of them :rolleyes:

they were formed a year ago....

only GnR fans seem to hate them....

WARF
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm still waiting for a real rock band, that isn't a hybrid.

I think the darkness may be the next big thing!

Soul Reaper
11-30-2005, 12:39 PM
"Get your hands off of my woman, motherfucker!!!"

Dave's Bitch
11-30-2005, 02:10 PM
ugh i dont mind the darkness now :(

bastardog
11-30-2005, 02:17 PM
I think they are good..
but like WARF I'm still waiting for a real rock band
...that sounds the way I like

Dirty Duck
11-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Are you guys serious? In a time where everywhere you look it's a POP fest you think that Velvet Revolver is a hybrid? C'mon folks. Listen to the album before you judge it. Forget the songs that get airplay..i'm talking the other tracks. Well I guess I'm alone on this one. There must be someone out there that thinks that is one of the best put together rock albums in a long time. Then again a lot of people here thinks Green day is a cool band...so maybe i am Alone on this one.

Dirty Duck
11-30-2005, 02:28 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY bastardog!!!!!!!

DLR7884
11-30-2005, 02:40 PM
VR is a great band. Their album was subpar in my opinion....

The first half of the album really sounds like the same song over and over again.

The second half of the album is great.

DLR7884
I still prefer Audioslave to them, but they are one of the best bands out there today.

Dirty Duck
11-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Thank you DLR7884! For a second i thought I was alone on this one. The 2nd 1/2 is great. I love Sucker train Blues though...i love the riffs on that one. Another Fav is You got no right. I hope they release a new one. Lets just hope scott doesnt overdose or end up in jail!

Warham
11-30-2005, 02:57 PM
I like STP's stuff better than either VR or GNR, but Slash is a damn good guitarist.

bastardog
11-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
HAPPY BIRTHDAY bastardog!!!!!!!

Thanks

Regarding the album....I like it but is just that I don't feel identified with their sound....not that is bad.
But to me there is still something left off this record....don't know what.

and I also don't like Green Day

Dirty Duck
11-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Eiether way : The best birthday ever brother!!! Rock on...

sammysucks65
11-30-2005, 03:28 PM
i love vr they rock could have a better frontman...but scotts ok...hes no axl but hes good compared to othre shit bands. the rest of the band is a solid lineup a lot of veterAns doing what they do best...makin music

Dave's Bitch
11-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Lets just hope scott doesnt overdose or end up in jail!

that would be a shame wouldnt it

Mr Badguy
11-30-2005, 04:32 PM
I like the slower numbers best on "Contraband".

"You got no right" and "Loving the alien" are great songs.

The rockier numbers are pretty generic.

I saw them live and they smoked.

A real rock band, no mistake.

Awesome stage presence.

1,000,000 miles away from the stylised safe shit peddled by The Darkness.

PHOENIX
11-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Mark my words. The next album will be even fucking better.

As for the Darkness. I believe that singer will pull a Rob Halford somewhere down the line.

Warham
11-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Axl Rose is a whiny cunt.

Vince Neil would have run him into the ground if they had ever met during that 'feud'.

Soul Reaper
12-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Axl Rose is a whiny cunt.

LOL!

...true

Fairwrning
12-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Velvet Revolver...
never heard of 'em....

DeadOrAlive
12-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper

Really? Guns and Roses are number 2 on my list and I LOVE Velet Revolver.

Anyways, different subject, I do believe this is one of the real rock bands today. All this emo crap just sucks, and Audiosnatch went bad with the release of "Out of Exile." Favorite song by these guys? Probably Big Machine.

Dirty Duck
12-02-2005, 08:42 AM
DEADORALIVE...whats up!!? Glad to hear there's another person who agrees with the status of music today! Hope all is well. Keep rockin' and rollin!

DLR7884
12-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
and Audiosnatch went bad with the release of "Out of Exile."

You don't like that album?

Do you own it/or have you heard the entire album?

DLR7884
Check out the song "#1 Zero."

Soul Reaper
12-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
Really? Guns and Roses are number 2 on my list and I LOVE Velet Revolver.

I know....it was just a little dig at DB....

Soul Reaper
12-02-2005, 12:40 PM
DEADORALIVE...whats up!!? Glad to hear there's another person who agrees with the status of music today! Hope all is well. Keep rockin' and rollin!

I think you'll that many people agree with him on that one.....including me...

Rebel
12-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Audioslave is a great band who has put out some great music.

VR is a great band who has put out some decent music. I've got very high expectations for their second album, I'll get it. The next disc will make or break them.

Mr Badguy
12-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Rebel
VR is a great band who has put out some decent music. I've got very high expectations for their second album, I'll get it. The next disc will make or break them.

Yeah, but when are we going to get it?

It`s been two years since "Contraband" and there is still no sign of them hitting the studio.

You would think they would try and build some momentum and really stick it up Axl`s ass.

Slash seems like the kind of guy who could turn riffs out in his sleep.

NATEDOG001976
12-02-2005, 09:08 PM
VR rocks the house. But I want STP to come back!

Rebel
12-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Yeah, but when are we going to get it?

It`s been two years since "Contraband" and there is still no sign of them hitting the studio.

You would think they would try and build some momentum and really stick it up Axl`s ass.

Slash seems like the kind of guy who could turn riffs out in his sleep.

I agree I haven't heard anything. If the second album isn't better, you'll start hearing GNR and STP rumors, which isn't a bad thing IMO.

NATEDOG001976
12-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Hopefully the next one rocks too.

NATEDOG001976
12-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I love STP and Guns. It would be cool if both line-up's got back together and went on tour. With Adler and Axl, Wait I woke up!

Mr Badguy
12-05-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
I love STP and Guns. It would be cool if both line-up's got back together and went on tour. With Adler and Axl, Wait I woke up!

A reunion with Axl?

Not outwith possibility.

With Adler?

No chance.

Sorum would be drumming.

Besides, Adler is physically fucked after strokes, heart attacks and fuck knows what else.

I know he still drums with his own band but I don`t think he would be up to the rigours of a world tour on the biggest stages.

Soul Reaper
12-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976

Not bloody likely....

There's too much bad blood for GnR to get back together....

even the current GnR need to get back together....who are the members then?!

Axl and er.....?

and I thought Axl 'said' that the new 'album' was going to come out this year.....fat chance now....

W*NK*R
12-06-2005, 05:01 PM
When was this posted? Everyone knows velvet revolver?

stringfelowhawk
12-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I don't know why they haven't gone in the studio but I know they've damn sure been on tour for a while. I got to see them here in mid May and that was a fucking great show. I posted the horrific pissants that opened for them and how much they sucked somewhere on here. If you're wondering it was Hoobafuckinstunk. Scott pretty much brought it to everyones attention that we have everything here but a good tittybar. They can't even go topless here. What a fucking waste of some hot local ass. Commonwealth's suck puppy nuts.

I agree with the Slash comment. I believe he can turn out riffs in his sleep to. It ain't like they're Zepplinesque but they are SOOO much better than the token drivel peddled since the early 90's. Hell, I love em. Its like he tries to come up with the easiest shit and it still sounds good. Sure, some are better than other but they're all memorable. Not my favorite but you know that delay at the beginning of "Welcome To The Jungle". You know that openning riff to "Sweet Child O' Mine". You don't have to be told what it is. You recognize that shit right away.
I hope the second album has a few more straight up Rock songs. I didn't know who it was playing "Slither". I knew the voice but I knew it wasn't STP. As soon as I heard the solo I fuckin knew it was Slash. Nobody sounds like him. And the fact it had a solo at all made me realize it wasn't a modern band in the true sense of shit that gets put out nowadays.

Terry
12-06-2005, 08:01 PM
They're ok.

My mistake was getting the album expecting some killer combination of GnR and STP, which in some aspects it was.

Still think Fall To Pieces is a purty queer track, but stands up well against the poop being served up rockwise these days.

Whistling Dixie
12-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper

Interesting Salvador Dali signature. Cool

Velvet Revolver rocks! Much better than Slashes Snakepit. Saw them a few years ago. Slash wailed but talk about an ugly band.

Soul Reaper
12-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Whistling Dixie
Interesting Salvador Dali signature. Cool.

Thank you....glad that there are a few fans on here....

W*NK*R
12-07-2005, 02:27 PM
It was Adlers Appetite! Adler over Sorum any day. But Sorum suits VR! I'd like to see them again, wish I hadn't have got pissed, maybe I'd remember more of what happened! Oh Well, least I've seen Slash & Duff.