and wanna be better than sam and he is preparing
himself to the max
He has no bass player at the moment and i don't think
"If he is not involved somehow in the vh reunion"
that he is happy with the Hagar situation
IM 100% SURE that he has been in contact with the VHBROS
and WB cause there will be ROTH material on the BOVII
at least OLD ROTH stuff on there.
Some reason has to be ....that's why Dave is silent.
Failure?
Big Surprise?
Retirement?
This wait is making me really sick !

azcrdnal
03-31-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by sammycalderone
It confusses me !
Maybe the Van Hagar reunion hurts so much on Dave
that he blacked out his site and maybe he is retired
Maybe he is the big surprise of the Van Hagar encores
and wanna be better than sam and he is preparing to the max
He has no bass player at the moment and i don't think
"If he is not involved somehow in the vh reunion"
that he is happy with the Hagar situation
IM 100% SURE that he has been in contact with the VHBROS
and WB cause there will be ROTH material on the BOVII
at least OLD ROTH stuff on there.
Some reason has to be ....that's why Dave is silent.
Failure?
Big Surprise?
Retirement?
This wait is making me sick really ! dave was told to stay silent for now.

azcrdnal
03-31-2004, 11:51 AM
he is very much involved.

Calderone
03-31-2004, 11:52 AM
Ok azcrdnal ...i will believe in you now
sometimes you speak so much and the results are
not true..ok
maybe a good point...he is silent...
"Dave was told to stay silent for now" ..
who told him that?
Reason?

Calderone
03-31-2004, 11:58 AM
If he is involved ...what's th reason sam is on there uh?
anyway ...look at the picture...they don't look happy
and sam dont look happy.
those guys are hiding something.

Full Bug
03-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Dave would do better to stay as far away from the joke that is Van Hagar as possible.....

Calderone
03-31-2004, 12:39 PM
yeah..good point too..
till the calm after the storm !

Full Bug
03-31-2004, 12:54 PM

till the calm after the storm !
What storm? Unless they have a big hit with the new tune they are going to put out, it will be but a minor breeze.....:p

Calderone
03-31-2004, 12:58 PM
can ya see that sam's the fuckin bad weather???????

ZahZoo
03-31-2004, 01:16 PM
I don't know about Dave being involved in anything regarding Van Halen... prolly wishful thinking on some people's part...

With most of the members of the DLR Band off doing other projects though it would appear either Dave is on hiatus or another very good possibility is he's working on his new Las Vegas gig with the X-rated outfit... Unfortunately the Vegas deal is probably closer to reality...

degüello
03-31-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Dave would do better to stay as far away from the joke that is Van Hagar as possible.....

Yes. I really hope he does stay miles away.

WACFIRST
03-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Leave Dave alone. When its time to talk Dave will go on Howard and blow the roof off this B .S. The Van Halen brothers and Hagar have made there bed now lets sit back and watch them f$$k each other until they all make asses of themselves. Do you really think Hagar can trust them? Hell No!!! Do you really think the brothers wanted to work with him again? After all Hagar did'nt quit in 96 he was fired. This tour has problems written all over it. Wait until the 1st REAL interview. How did you guys resolve the "He quit the band" vs. "They fired me " problems. Well what really went down? I'm sorry to say but they don't stand a chance. Ticket sales will be average at best and the Best of will be lucky to outsell VH3. THE true VH fan...one who has been around for 20 years or more wont buy into this shit. Just like in 98. The free passes are all gone. They used the last one in 95. Sorry Ed the free ride is over when it comes to your true fans or as you probably should call them "MY BREAD AND BUTTER.

Catfish
03-31-2004, 04:45 PM
He retired, Sammny. That's it.

The guy's been touring for almost 3 years straight. Isn't he entitled to a break?

Jesus Christ.

degüello
03-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
... another very good possibility is he's working on his new Las Vegas gig with the X-rated outfit... Unfortunately the Vegas deal is probably closer to reality...

Fuck, I hope it doesn't coincide that Dave's playing in Vegas while the Van Hagar tour is lumbering around...

degüello
03-31-2004, 04:47 PM
I mean, I fucking loathe the whole idea of Dave doing Vegas, but especially if it coincides with this debacle of an Ed & Spam tour. That scenario is just far too disturbing.

degüello
03-31-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Catfish
He retired, Sammny. That's it.

The guy's been touring for almost 3 years straight. Isn't he entitled to a break?

Jesus Christ.

:D:D:D

I was thinking that too, Cat. I mean, the guy's been working pretty hard for several years straight now.

One little gap and everybody's freaking out.

degüello
03-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Although, I can see why Sammy C is concerned about him. This shit happening right now has got to be hard for Dave to take.

Catfish
03-31-2004, 05:03 PM
I don't think it's anything that Dave hasn't seen coming for a couple of years. Dude's either kicking back right now or coming up with some brilliant Rothisms about it or planning his next move. Hell, his next move may have already been made!

General Hina
03-31-2004, 11:05 PM
DLR is doing the same thing he's been doing for the past 6 years: Not singing and not making any viable original music. On the positive side he has been saying the exact same jokes for 20 years and recently his face has so many freakish nervous ticks that he looks like he has tourret's syndrome.

Over and Out,
General Hina

General Hina
03-31-2004, 11:08 PM
I don't think it's anything that Dave hasn't seen coming for a couple of years. Dude's either kicking back right now or coming up with some brilliant Rothisms about it or planning his next move. Hell, his next move may have already been made!

Brilliant Rothisms?!? Anyone who laughs at Dave's catskill comedic tendencies is LAME. Hopefully his next move will be retirement but I'm pretty sure that happened in 1991.

Over and Out,
General Hina

Catfish
03-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Tina, back to your masterbation now...

tjvhou812
03-31-2004, 11:21 PM
i dont know... but as a fan of dave and sam....i think dave needs a break.. he needs to get an original band together and lay off that van halen coverband shit... he just needs to be original again

Catfish
03-31-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
i dont know... but as a fan of dave and sam....i think dave needs a break.. he needs to get an original band together and lay off that van halen coverband shit... he just needs to be original again

Dave IS the original.

degüello
03-31-2004, 11:29 PM
Exactly, Cat.

tjvhou812
03-31-2004, 11:31 PM
Dave IS the original.

good point dave is original but his aint... they are a vh cover band

Catfish
03-31-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by degüello
Exactly, Cat.

Some of these people are so stupid, man...

WARF
03-31-2004, 11:40 PM
He's probably lost in a fucking jungle somewhere.

That's how he deals with NOT being the lead singer for Van Halen.

tjvhou812
03-31-2004, 11:42 PM
he needs to get over it..... and start making some kick azz music again

perticelli
04-01-2004, 11:19 AM
and that's the best point here. dave has the ability to make great music. now go do it. get an original band together and make DLR music, not van-halen, cause w/o Eddie, it aint gonna be. it doesn't mean it can't be great, it just aint gonna be vh music.

L.S.D.
04-01-2004, 12:20 PM
I think he needs to become a rock dj. Thta seems to suit him and he definitly has the gift of gab. Playing clubs and covering old vh is just lame as can be. His band is quitting becsue they doent want to be on the road if VH is, that is fact.

Switch84
04-01-2004, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tjvhou812
lay off that van halen coverband shit

:rolleyes: :argh: I'm really tired of hearing this ill-informed comment made by so-called DLR fans. Davy Baby is one of the original founders of this Group Fomerly Known as Van Halen. He co-wrote the original songs they recorded, meaning that he can't be a tribute player of HIS OWN CREATIONS, genius! Would you say that shit about Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr when they play Beatles music on tour? No!

Shut up already, DAMN!

degüello
04-01-2004, 04:40 PM
YES! Sing it loud, Switch.

azcrdnal
04-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
I think he needs to become a rock dj. Thta seems to suit him and he definitly has the gift of gab. Playing clubs and covering old vh is just lame as can be. His band is quitting becsue they doent want to be on the road if VH is, that is fact. fuck me you spell worse than i do. now go back to the links fag.

azcrdnal
04-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Ok azcrdnal ...i will believe in you now
sometimes you speak so much and the results are
not true..ok
maybe a good point...he is silent...
"Dave was told to stay silent for now" ..
who told him that?
Reason? well i can say this. the reunion was origanaly dave. then wb convinced ed to bring sam in also. dave was not against it at all which kind of surprised me so what they are doing is calling this a reunion with sam. tickets will sell because there are alot of cheese fans out there.based on ticket sales will determine how they let the cat out of the bag that dave is on the tour with them.they will open with sam half way through the show lights will go out. then hot for teacher will start lights come on dave is at the controls.then expect venues to change to much larger locations. as to who will be the singer after the tour it will be dave.new album and so on thats about all i no right now. i hope that clears things up my trans am driving brother. if you notice sams shitty band is still on the payroll and writing new material. does that sound like he will front vanhalen for good i don't think so.

azcrdnal
04-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by degüello
I mean, I fucking loathe the whole idea of Dave doing Vegas, but especially if it coincides with this debacle of an Ed & Spam tour. That scenario is just far too disturbing. the vegas shit is a scam no not going to happen they are already saying it is a sham.

miyabi
04-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Hi,sammycalderone, pleased to meet you.

Did you look at the Dave's new page?

he blacked out his site and maybe he is retired

<A href="http://www.davidleeroth.com/home.html">

miyabi
04-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by miyabi
Dave's new page?

http://www.davidleeroth.com/home.html

azcrdnal
04-01-2004, 07:37 PM
didn't anybody notice howard didn't even ask about dave now if you are a howard fan you no him he would of asked. howard no's all the details he didn't just call sam out of the blue. the call was all planed.

pete
04-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Switch84

:rolleyes: :argh: I'm really tired of hearing this ill-informed comment made by so-called DLR fans. Davy Baby is one of the original founders of this Group Fomerly Known as Van Halen. He co-wrote the original songs they recorded, meaning that he can't be a tribute player of HIS OWN CREATIONS, genius! Would you say that shit about Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr when they play Beatles music on tour? No!

Shut up already, DAMN!

amen - my nubian queen!!!

azcrdnal
04-02-2004, 09:58 AM
what happened to watching he would sit outside daves house when they were filming the bbq video.

Calderone
04-02-2004, 10:06 AM
thats old's dave page !!!

Calderone
04-02-2004, 10:09 AM
HEY AZCRDNAL .....
SO DAVE'S THE BIG SURPRISE ???????????

I REALLY HOPE SO !!!!!!!
IF THAT HAPPENS I WILL BE SO HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!

General Hina
04-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Switch84

If Dave doesn't want to be looked at as a VH cover band then maybe he should play some solo material during his shows. Bottom line, even Dave is embarrassed to play some of his own music because a lot of it isn't very good and definitely not as good as classic VH. As long as DLR is only playing VH songs (and not very well) he'll be considered a nostalgia act or cover band. Everyone talks about the EAS band and CD and yet Dave doesn't play songs from his first 2 CDs? AND please don't compare Dave to paul McCartney a guy who's in the Rock"n'Roll Hall Of fame as a solo artist AND with the Beatles. This is something that your beloved DLR will NEVER achieve. Plus, Sir paul has released more solo material and toured more in the last 8 years than Roth ever has.

Over and Out,
General Hina

Calderone
04-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey General Hina:
Dave is washed Out...Dave is No more ..Dave is the worst...
Dave is Old...Dave Can't sing ...Dave is gone
are u happy now ?
What would be your face if Dave reappears?

azcrdnal
04-02-2004, 11:46 AM
HEY AZCRDNAL .....
SO DAVE'S THE BIG SURPRISE ???????????

I REALLY HOPE SO !!!!!!!
IF THAT HAPPENS I WILL BE SO HAPPY !!!!!!!!!! thats the plan as of now.

azcrdnal
04-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey General Hina:
Dave is washed Out...Dave is No more ..Dave is the worst...
Dave is Old...Dave Can't sing ...Dave is gone
are u happy now ?
What would be your face if Dave reappears? general hina is a fag.

Big Troubles
04-02-2004, 05:08 PM
General Hina's balls havn't dropped yet. His opinions dont matter on this or any forum for that matter. Id still like to know why he's here. Same with LSD. Like a lingering fart. Blow away you stinker fuckers.

azcrdnal
04-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
General Hina's balls havn't dropped yet. His opinions dont matter on this or any forum for that matter. Id still like to know why he's here. Same with LSD. Like a lingering fart. Blow away you stinker fuckers. he must have upset bret and can't get back in the sam links.

Dave's Dradle
04-02-2004, 06:53 PM
I think LSD might be right. Who in the hell wants to tour in what amounts in most people's minds to a VH cover band with the original singer when the guy who wrote and played the music is out on tour?

Die hards, but nobody else.

FORD
04-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Dradle
I think LSD might be right. Who in the hell wants to tour in what amounts in most people's minds to a VH cover band with the original singer when the guy who wrote and played the music is out on tour?

Die hards, but nobody else.

But Eddie's not playing Van HALEN music on this tour. Unless you believe AssCardinal, that is ;)

degüello
04-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Dradle
... Who in the hell wants to tour in what amounts in most people's minds to a VH cover band with the original singer when the guy who wrote and played the music is out on tour?...

People who care that the man who did write the other half of all the VH songs, who had a writing role just as equal in importance as composing the music (never mind that vocal parts are 'the music' too), and who was also responsible for a majority of the band's personality and sheer rock energy is up on the fucking stage.

azcrdnal
04-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD
But Eddie's not playing Van HALEN music on this tour. Unless you believe AssCardinal, that is ;) that made a shit load of sense

azcrdnal
04-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
General Hina's balls havn't dropped yet. His opinions dont matter on this or any forum for that matter. Id still like to know why he's here. Same with LSD. Like a lingering fart. Blow away you stinker fuckers. lsd has no balls