Van Hagar's new way to gouge more money from the fans

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rude biff

Van Hagar's new way to gouge more money from the fans

Check out www.Iloveallaccess.com and see the special 4 and 5 star packages VH has put together to gouge a few more dollars....for $175 you get a seat in the first ten rows, five star packages (no price listed, yet) get a backstage tour, attend the sound check, a party and a t-shirt.....wonder how much that package is?

use the password: itsabouttime (not my idea, it's the password they sent me)
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Well you could say the band is gouging the fans... on the otherhand they are sticking it to the scalpers/independant ticket agents who will go swoop up a ton of premium seats and then sell them at outragous prices.

Also appears this stuff is pretty in-line with similar promotions William Morris agency does so it's more the tour management than the band.

Personally if you got the money and want something other than the gamble w/ ticket master thing or try and win something on a radio promo... it's a good thing.

This is USA where capitalism rules!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Sarge
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

This is ... fucking the fans
      ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
      The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
      [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• rude biff

Personally, I DO have the money, but I'm not going to waste it gambling with ticketmaster OR blowing it on those Fucks just so I can be first in line at the t-shirt table, and the chance to just be in the way of the roadies while they set up.

FUCK VH, I WONT let them fuck me!!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeWrath
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

If Dave was in the band instead of sammy not only would this thread not exist, but you each one of you guys would sell your own mother for just one "4 star package".
          Pope of The Church Of Almighty Sam, Rock God and LEADER of Van Halen!!!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeWrath
            If Dave was in the band instead of sammy not only would this thread not exist, but you each one of you guys would sell your own mother for just one "4 star package".
            Nope. I'd still be pissed off because I don't believe ANYONE - not Fear Channel, not radio stations, not groupies blowing the band, not corporations sponsoring the tour, NOBODY should be able to buy one single fucking concert ticket for any given show one minute before they go on sale to the public. The band's fans should be able to buy the decent tickets at regular price from their local Ticketbastard outlet, if they have the commitment to stand in a line (or sit online even) early on a Saturday morning.

Fuck scalpers - corporate or otherwise
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DavidLeeWrath
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2004

You're a man of priciple, Ford.

/salute
              Pope of The Church Of Almighty Sam, Rock God and LEADER of Van Halen!!!

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by FORD
                Nope. I'd still be pissed off because I don't believe ANYONE - not Fear Channel, not radio stations, not groupies blowing the band, not corporations sponsoring the tour, NOBODY should be able to buy one single fucking concert ticket for any given show one minute before they go on sale to the public. The band's fans should be able to buy the decent tickets at regular price from their local Ticketbastard outlet, if they have the commitment to stand in a line (or sit online even) early on a Saturday morning.

Fuck scalpers - corporate or otherwise
                Just for the record, does this also include the band themselves allowing their fan club members to purchase tickets before the general public?

Comment

• rude biff

Originally posted by DavidLeeWrath

You're right, but thats because Dave has always been for the fans, he would make sure that we got our moneys worth.....instead of trying to con us into buying a fucking t-shirt and tequila.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by rude biff
                    You're right, but thats because Dave has always been for the fans, he would make sure that we got our moneys worth.....instead of trying to con us into buying a fucking t-shirt and tequila.
                    not for nothing out of dave and sam... sam interacts w/the crowd more
                    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Catfish

Hey, if you're going to rip off the fans by hiring a replacement singer for a bullshit tour supporting nothing and play only cheesey ballads and boring rock while attaching to it the name of the one-time greatest rock band on Earth, why not go the distance?

Comment

• Catfish

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                        not for nothing out of dave and sam... sam interacts w/the crowd more
                        Do you mean by planting people in the audience to throw panties at him, paying people to sit on stage and look like they're having fun, sharing fucking margaritas with the people in the front row and having the gall to sign autographs during the gig?

Well, OK, he's got Dave beat there.

Comment

• Lou

If you guys care what they're saying on other boards, check VH Trading out here:

Even the Sambo fans aren't too thrilled.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                            If you guys care what they're saying on other boards, check VH Trading out here:

Even the Sambo fans aren't too thrilled.
                            well if they think its too much let them stay home..
                            Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Lou

Yeah, this will weed out blue collar, I mean casual fans from the die-hards

Comment

Working...