PDA

View Full Version : "The Myth of Bush as Hero"

Sarge
03-31-2004, 02:47 PM
This section contains statements and speeches by Ms. Streisand.

"The Myth of Bush as Hero" ...Barbra Streisand
Posted on March 29, 2004
Finally ... finally we can talk about what's really going on. Rather than accept the myth that 9/11 turned President Bush into a "hero" ... former counterterrorism expert Richard Clarke has bravely spoken out to tell us the real story - that Bush did not treat terrorism as an urgent issue. And that going to war in Iraq, in addition to tragically costing us so many lives, has diverted money and resources away from where they should have been focused - on dismantling al Qaeda and strengthening our homeland security.

We now know that the Bush White House never made counterterrorism a priority leading up to September 11th. In fact, on April 30, 2001, the new administration released the government's annual report on terrorism, with a noted change: extensive mention of bin Laden, which previous terrorism reports contained, had been left out. A Bush State Department Official reportedly told CNN at that time that the U.S. government under Clinton had made a mistake in focusing so much energy on bin Laden.

In fact, Bush never even held a cabinet level meeting devoted to terrorism until the week before the attack. While FBI agents were fielding concerns about non-citizens in flight school uninterested in learning how to land planes, and the CIA was aware that potential terrorists had entered the United States, because terrorism was not a priority in the high levels of the federal government these discussions were never elevated to a place where the information could be shared across departments, where the appropriate people would have an opportunity to connect the dots...

Here is a brief timeline (much of the information is from the Center for American Progress) of some of the more egregious warnings of looming terrorism that Bush overlooked as he spent the first eight months in office planning tax cuts for the wealthy, devising a way to invade Iraq, and taking long vacations out at his ranch in Crawford, Texas:

1) A 1999 report prepared by the Library of Congress for the National Intelligence Council specifically theorized that al Qaeda could fly airplanes into buildings - so we know that the scope of the attack was not entirely beyond anyone's imagination.

2) In early 2001, a surge of al Qaeda activity and plans for attacks against American "interests" were noted, including by Israeli intelligence agencies.

3) Also in early 2001, the Bush administration departed from Clinton's policy of tracking money to terrorist organizations. (Was Bush trying to protect the Saudi royal family?)

4) In July 2001, U.S. and Italian officials were warned that al Qaeda may use planes as missiles at a Genoa summit of industrialized nations.

5) On August 6, 2001, while on vacation in Crawford, the president received a one and a half page briefing advising him that al Qaeda was capable of a major strike against the U.S., and that the plot could include the hijacking of American airplanes. And then what did the president do with this important information? He went fishing - bringing new meaning to the phrase, "Gone Fishin'"!

6) In July, 2001, Attorney General John Ashcroft stopped flying on commercial airlines because of a "threat assessment."

7) Newsweek has reported that on September 10th, 2001, a number of Pentagon officials canceled travel plans for the next morning due to security concerns, and "that as many as 10 to 12 warnings" were issued before 9/11 - "more than two of the warnings specifically mentioned the possibility of hijackings."

8) Also on September 10th (as I posted in a statement on November 21, 2002), Attorney General John Ashcroft rejected the FBI's request for a $58 million increase for their counterterrorism budget to pay for 149 new counterterrorism field agents, 200 intelligence analysts and 54 additional translators. He did that despite the fact, discovered later by a Congressional investigation, that the FBI had only one analyst monitoring al Qaeda and a severe shortage of Arabic translators.

Soon after September 11th, Condoleezza Rice said, "I don't think anyone could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center." And now Bush says, "Had I known that the enemy was going to use airplanes to strike America, to attack us, I would have used every resource, every asset, every power of this government to protect the American people." Did he really say this? I heard it on the radio but I couldn't believe my own ears. Indeed, the scope of the horror of 9/11 is beyond the realm of what even the most savvy threat assessors may have thought possible.

However ... as the brief timeline above shows, THE PRESIDENT WAS REPEATEDLY WARNED that al Qaeda was planning some sort of attack, and that the attack may involve airplanes. So these are my questions:

-WHY DIDN'T OUR GOVERNMENT DO MORE TO BEEF UP SECURITY AT AIRPORTS AND ON AIRPLANES?

-WHY WEREN'T WARNINGS ISSUED TO THOSE ENTRUSTED TO PROTECT OUR FLIGHT SECURITY?

-ISN'T LEADERSHIP ABOUT ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY, ANTICIPATING THE UNFATHOMABLE, HEEDING WARNINGS AND FIRMLY ACTING UPON THEM?

-WHEN THE PRESIDENT RECEIVED A MEMO THAT HIJACKINGS OF AMERICAN PLANES MIGHT OCCUR, SHOULDN'T HE HAVE IMMEDIATELY TAKEN ACTION?

I DO BELIEVE THAT EVERY AMERICAN CITIZEN THAT TRULY CARES ABOUT THIS COUNTRY, AND LEARNS THE FACTS, WOULD HAVE TO SERIOUSLY ASK THESE QUESTIONS ... AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT IN NOVEMBER!

http://www.barbrastreisand.com/statements.html#bushashero

lucky wilbury
03-31-2004, 04:27 PM
you would think this bitch would stop posting things after she got taken by and internet myth and she called saddam the iranian dictator. good to see she still the dumbest fuck on earth

BigBadBrian
03-31-2004, 05:19 PM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/9833.jpg

lucky wilbury
03-31-2004, 06:03 PM
look at the tits on clinton. i wonder if he's wearing a sports bra?

steve
03-31-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm no fan of Streisand - her music sounds like a fat cat chained to a treadmill.

But...
do ya'll know what an Ad Hominem attack is? Of course you do.

It's when you attack the person instead of attacking the idea...
in this case because you have NO WAY to argue against the things aid.

BTW:
Clinton hasn't been President in 4 years - get over it. however, with any luck, he'll be Secretary of State in 8 months.

Jays138
03-31-2004, 09:20 PM
I you think Bush is a hero you are sadly mistaken. He is a religious zealot who is destroying this country. Remember who else said, "I am following the will of god." It was Hitler.

Satan
03-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Hell, Hitler still says that sometimes. So does his buddy Grandpa Prescott Bush.

lucky wilbury
03-31-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by steve
I'm no fan of Streisand - her music sounds like a fat cat chained to a treadmill.

But...

BTW:
Clinton hasn't been President in 4 years - get over it. however, with any luck, he'll be Secretary of State in 8 months.

maybe she need's to read a copy of the interm report on 9-11 debunking everything she said. for instance: the threat of highjacking for aug 01. if you read the report it had NOTHING to do with highjacking planes and crashing them. in fact the idea of highjacking was only mentioned once becuase it was mentioned in passing by Mohammed omar abdel-rahman as a way to get his father out of jail. who was his father? Sheikh Omar Abdul Rahman who was convicted in the 93 wtc attack. as for stupids other points she debunks herself. she quotes a 1999 report on terrorism and ask why nothing was done and blames bush. only problem is he was still gov in tex.

BigBadBrian
04-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Jays138
I you think Bush is a hero you are sadly mistaken. He is a religious zealot who is destroying this country. Remember who else said, "I am following the will of god." It was Hitler.

Go back to your village. It's missing it's idiot. J/K :D

Anyway, the liberal rant of Bush supposedly "Doing God's Will" is not true. It's all made up, and that's a fact. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
04-02-2004, 03:55 PM

But...

There's very little to argue about. We've already beaten Babs to death in this forum and DiamondDavidLeeRoth.com. She's a certified idiot. When she can differentiate between Iraq and Iran and learn to spell "Gephardt" I'll start to take her seriously.

I don't give a damn what any "celebrity" says no matter what side of the issue they're on. It's insulting to think someone can sway my opinion just because they have a little fame. Martha Stewart found that out when a juror or two said they were insulted she had some celebrities support her during her trial. Let the wench decorate prison cells and serve mush to Helga the Latvian Gorilla.

BTW:

That'd be lovely. A certified liar as Secretary of State.

BigBadBrian
04-02-2004, 03:56 PM

But...

There's very little to argue about. We've already beaten Babs to death in this forum and DiamondDavidLeeRoth.com. She's a certified idiot. When she can differentiate between Iraq and Iran and learn to spell "Gephardt" I'll start to take her seriously.

I don't give a damn what any "celebrity" says no matter what side of the issue they're on. It's insulting to think someone can sway my opinion just because they have a little fame. Martha Stewart found that out when a juror or two said they were insulted she had some celebrities support her during her trial. Let the wench decorate prison cells and serve mush to Helga the Latvian Gorilla.

BTW:

That'd be lovely. A certified liar as Secretary of State. Besides, you're dreaming again.

ELVIS
04-02-2004, 07:04 PM
-WHAT THE HELL IS SARGE DOING READING BARBRA STREISAND.COM ???

Lincoln
04-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
look at the tits on clinton. i wonder if he's wearing a sports bra? He needs the BRO, the man bra.:D

Seshmeister
04-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
6) In July, 2001, Attorney General John Ashcroft stopped flying on commercial airlines because of a "threat assessment."

The Bush administration are cowards.

Dr. Love
04-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Lincoln
He needs the BRO, the man bra.:D

Manzierre.

BigBadBrian
04-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
-WHAT THE HELL IS SARGE DOING READING BARBRA STREISAND.COM ???

Hmmm.............good point. I think there was a link on DrudgeReport, though. :gulp: