PDA

View Full Version : Edguy

bastardog
12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Does any of you had heard of a band named Edguy?
For some strange reason I can't get out of my mind the song "Superheroes" that I heard on a radiostation last Saturday.
I had spent a lot of time to find the name of the band (Edguy) and it looks that they do hard rock.....
I want to know if someone can tell me if they suck big time (like VanHagar) or to compare their sound to any group (good or bad) to have an idea befor buying a CD and brake it in my head...

PHOENIX
12-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Never heard of them.

But save your money cause they suck.

Peligro!

bastardog
12-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the advice.

....but at least the song Superheroes sounds is like an end of 80's and begining of 90's.

Have you heard it?....I think they are from Germany

Anonymous
12-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Edguy are an EXTREMELY GRATE power metal band. Check Avantasia while you're at it. It's a project from Edguy's vocalist Tobias Sammet featuring such names as ex-Helloween, now SupaRed's Michael Kiske, David DeFeis from Virgin Steele, ex-Helloween, now Gamma Ray's Kai Hansen, Timo Kotipelto from Stratovarius, the lead vocalist from Magnum whose name I can't remember now, Alex Holzwarth from Rhapsody, and a plethora of other excellent musicians. Very epic, very good.

Here's the official site:

http://www.tobiassammet.com/

Cheers! :bottle:

bastardog
12-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Good...
Any recomendation for the first album?

Anonymous
12-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Either 'Theater of Salvation' or 'Vain Glory Opera' are grate albums to start listening to Edguy.

If you like Melodic Power Metal, you won't regret it. If you don't, you'll probably start liking it.

Cheers! :bottle: