PDA

View Full Version : Lenny Hendrix?

PHOENIX
12-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Report: LENNY KRAVITZ In Talks To Play JIMI HENDRIX In Film - Nov. 29, 2005

Roger Friedman of FOXNews.com is reporting that Lenny Kravitz is in talks to play Jimi Hendrix in a biopic of the most famous guitarist in rock history.

Sources tell Friedman that Kravitz has secured the dramatic rights to Hendrix’s music through his estate, and that his plan is to make his acting debut with the independent film.

Lee Daniels, who directed the forthcoming "Shadowboxer" and produced "Monster’s Ball", is said to be the producer/director involved.

Kravitz is a natural to play Hendrix, from his look to his musical ability. And he may have the acting gene since his mother, the late Roxie Roker, was a star of "The Jeffersons" on TV in the 1970s.

PHOENIX
12-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Sounds interesting.

I hope its better than that direct to video Hendrix movie that came out a few years ago. That one didnt have any Hendrix songs in the movie.

Hardrock69
12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Not only that, it basically SUCKED FUCKING ASS!!!

:mad:

The dialogue was lame. The acting was stupid.

Christ....it was no wonder the Hendrix Estate withheld permission to use any real material.

That said, it is gonna be almost impossible to play someone as "larger than life" as Jimi.

I know what Jimi sounded like. I know how he spoke.

There is no fucking way any actor is gonna be able to portay him and make him believable.

Sure it will be cool if Lenny takes a stab at it.

But remember the movie "Wired", about the life and death of John Belushi?

There was no way anyone could actually play John Belushi.

NO FUCKING WAY.

Simply because a) He was larger than life, and b) everyone knew John 2 well. His mannerisms, etc.

Same kinda deal with the Hendrix thang.

We will see what happens, but I do not think a bio-pic should be attempted, as it is gonna wind up being a major disappointment.

Mr Badguy
12-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Isn`t Lenny abit old to play Jimi?

Hendrix was 27 when he died.

Lenny must be what...nearly 40?

bastardog
12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy

Hendrix maybe was 27 but he was looking like a 40's man (drugs and his style of life took much of him)
So Lenny I think could do it......at least in looks. Don't thinks the same in the acting

twonabomber
12-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy

who else would you suggest then, Chris Rock, or even worse, Jamie Foxx?

right now i just give thanks that Ben Stiller and Johnny Knoxville aren't black. or maybe that Hendrix wasn't white.

Jérôme Frenchise
12-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Sorry, I don't want to act the killjoy, but do we really need another fucking film about a dead rockstar? About Jimi, the ultimate icon, above all? Aren't his albums and concerts enough? What can just another movie, in which actors and director, not to mention producers, get their kicks (and bucks), bring to Jimi's memory?? Maybe it will refresh people's memories, but today's youngsters will be presented a distorted version of who he was...
Let them do a film in 100 years. That would be OK with me. :cool:

FORD
12-05-2005, 06:48 PM
There actually was a plan several years ago to make a Hendrix movie starring Phil Lynott as Jimi.

He probably looked closer to Jimi than Lenny does, but he was a bass player. Not to mention Irish. Would have been interesting to see how that would have turned out.

Terry
12-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Bah. Fuck biopics.

Just keep releasing whatever footage is left in the can of the real thing. Nothing against Lenny, but I'd rather see footage of Jimi vs. some dude pretending to be him. Same goes for other rock bands/icons. Whatever Mike Myers ends up doing with the Moon biopic won't be half as worthwhile as just putting out a bunch of Moon footage on a DVD.

Jus' keepin' it reel, y'all.

Proper.

Hardrock69
12-06-2005, 02:28 PM
I totally agree.

Mr Badguy
12-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, he can`t be as bad as Val Kilmer playing Jim Morrison.

BALLYJUNKIE
12-06-2005, 03:45 PM
im sure if the movie producers really tried ,they could find an unknown actor ,with some musical ability to play hendrix .

Loons The Great
12-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Lenny Bruce is dead. Long live Lenny Bruce.

Dirty Duck
12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Lets hope his acting is better then his role as a rockstar. I have nothing against him personally....he's just boring to me. I caught him a couple of times opening for bands and he didnt do shit for me. He just stood there. Then again I'm a die hard ROTH fan..sooooo..what do you expect!?

Hardrock69
12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Shit they oughta get Randy Hansen to star....he fucking looks exacly like Jimi, even though he is white...

jhale667
12-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Shit they oughta get Randy Hansen to star....he fucking looks exacly like Jimi, even though he is white...

Yeah, but Randy's what...pushing 50 now? He's EVH's age. Everyone should just buy the 'Woodstock' and 'Rainbow Bridge' DVDs and fuhgedaboudit. ;)

Jahuli
12-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Whatever Mike Myers ends up doing with the Moon biopic won't be half as worthwhile as just putting out a bunch of Moon footage on a DVD.

I didnt hear about this , who can tell me more?

ashstralia
12-07-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by FORD
There actually was a plan several years ago to make a Hendrix movie starring Phil Lynott as Jimi.

like when phil was still alive? :(

Hardrock69
12-07-2005, 09:27 AM
No, they wanted to resurrect him from the grave.....

;)
:D

Loons The Great
12-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Isn't the "Hey Ya" dude goin' to play Jimi??

Diamondjimi
12-27-2005, 10:25 PM
As far as rockstar bio flix I'd have to say "The Buddy Holly Story" , "La Bamba" ,"Great Balls of Fire" and "Ray" were decent.
I'd like to see a movie on Randy Rhoads. They could get guitar protege Nick Sterling to play him.

http://www.nicksterling.com/audiovideo.html