X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Is this **gasp** The End?

Is DAVID LEE ROTH effectively done touring? I dunno,' he hired a new drummer and stuff, but he seems to be bailing on his shows and leaving hard core enthused fans high and dry! Is it over for the music side of things? Or is he just on hiatus, building up his radio show for Infinity and planning to do the occasional appearance here and there and everywhere?

Furthermore, will any up and coming DAVE dates be relegated to radio promos only, leaving fans whose markets are ejecting Infinity programming DAVELESS (not that he ever came here anyway since EASB)? :confused:

Time will tell, we shall discuss....
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Why don't you email DAVE these questions next month when he can answer them.

I think he's doing hiatus.....Music is in his blood.

What makes you think it's the end??? If you read his book, he has always been fascinated with Radio, so I think it's just a pitstop on his never ending "Huck Finn" adventure.

You should ask him, wondering minds what to know....including mine. I want him to know that WE (his diehards) want him to come to our cities and still perform.....he's in demand as far as we are concerned.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Re: Is this **gasp** The End?

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Is it over for the music side of things? Or is he just on hiatus, building up his radio show for Infinity and planning to do the occasional appearance here and there and everywhere?

I think it is the ladder of the two.

While the touring will definitely be cut back, music is in his blood and he will do an occasional concert here or there (at least I hope so).

And there is always the inevitable reunion with the Sisters and Fatty....
      23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• PHOENIX
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

I see Dave releasing a new book to cash in on this new career.

Maybe an updated version of CFTH.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
          Why don't you email DAVE these questions next month when he can answer them.

I think he's doing hiatus.....Music is in his blood.

What makes you think it's the end??? If you read his book, he has always been fascinated with Radio, so I think it's just a pitstop on his never ending "Huck Finn" adventure.

You should ask him, wondering minds what to know....including mine. I want him to know that WE (his diehards) want him to come to our cities and still perform.....he's in demand as far as we are concerned.
          He's not on in my market because BUFFALO's 92.9 JACK FM(ehoffer) won't carry his show after HOWARD leaves...So I won't hear it.

Never thought I'd pay for radio, but I am going to SIRUS if DAVE isn't on here!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Is this **gasp** The End?

Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
            I think it is the ladder of the two.

latter, hun. And I totally agree. I can't see Dave just not touring anymore
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• bantonelli
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              He's not on in my market because BUFFALO's 92.9 JACK FM(ehoffer) won't carry his show after HOWARD leaves...So I won't hear it.

Never thought I'd pay for radio, but I am going to SIRUS if DAVE isn't on here!
              Hey, My old friend Nick, we're not getting him in the Los Angeles market either as surprising as it is... I would probably write to Infinity and tell them that you're shifting over to Satellite unless they bring ROTH to more stations.....only thing I can figure out is that this is a TEST...if he can succeed in those selected markets, they might give him to us....if we demand him.

I'm done with Stern at this point.....want ROTH RADIO - his format will be alittle more positive....Stern is always biotching.
              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

Good thread again!!!!!! YOU Bastad,

If someone was paying you 4 mil a year you mite jus drop everything,
                plus this is in the public eye (sucsess mondo importante').

I say Dave is done touring until this new gig is self perpetuateing
                -Rolling Good- as they say.Maybe, a year or more...

As u May know in the, St. Charles thread i mentioned ,i didn't want to say
                anything untill the egg was cracked. I had tickets and was looking
                forward to meeting some Roth Army nere-do-wells and buyin the first
                round.So i am pissed, yet happy for Dave, how else can it be...

Roth On, Nick!

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Re: Re: Re: Is this **gasp** The End?

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                  latter, hun. And I totally agree. I can't see Dave just not touring anymore

Whoops...mesa brain not working today.

Thanks.
                  23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dave will be streamed via the Internet. the whole world will have access to Roth Radio.

they're already running promos here in Cleveland...i posted one over at DDLR in the radio forum. go check it out.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• W*NK*R
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2005

Probably, I've never seen him. Heard hie's gonna be a radio guy!
                      I rock! I'm so WTF!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
                        Hey, My old friend Nick, we're not getting him in the Los Angeles market either as surprising as it is... I would probably write to Infinity and tell them that you're shifting over to Satellite unless they bring ROTH to more stations.....only thing I can figure out is that this is a TEST...if he can succeed in those selected markets, they might give him to us....if we demand him.

I'm done with Stern at this point.....want ROTH RADIO - his format will be alittle more positive....Stern is always biotching.
                        The excuse they have in LA is that your getting ADAM COROLLA. We're just getting more music (the same mix of good music up against 70's disco and even some VAN HAGAR, being the "iPod shuffle-mix theory"), so I don't know which is worse. This from a station that was once ALL TALK ALL THE TIME! Their ratings plummeted then, so they won't take the chance on DAVE now, which sucks.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Dave will be streamed via the Internet. the whole world will have access to Roth Radio.

they're already running promos here in Cleveland...i posted one over at DDLR in the radio forum. go check it out.
                          Cool, thanks.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Can't imagine Dave not touring either, but the dude isn't getting any younger either...

Seriously doubt this latest round of gigs would be his last, though.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bantonelli
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              Can't imagine Dave not touring either, but the dude isn't getting any younger either...

Seriously doubt this latest round of gigs would be his last, though.
                              Dave is ONLY 51 - I surely wouldn't call that old in the big scope of things. AL, ED & MULLET have already hit the "50" mark and look at SPAM..I hear he's 60-ish!

Dave's THE DUDE.....he WILL Tour again.....I do believe...sho' nuff and need to email or call him on his show to tell him SO.

Comment

Working...