PDA

View Full Version : Stone Temple Pilots!

NATEDOG001976
12-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Don't get me wrong I like "Velvet Revolver" but I sure miss STP. Everyone said the were Pearl Jam rip off's, but they really sounded nothing like them. Purple was one of the all time best albums ever put out, just fucking pure Rock N' Roll at it's finest, which is missing from music right now!

Dirty Duck
12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Stone Temple Pilots were wonderful. I truly loved that band. You know what's funny though? I never really liked the first album that much! Maybe 3 or 4 tracks? It was from PURPLE on that I became a big fan. My favorite album is without a doubt...FOUR. What a great fucking album. So many memorable classic songs. Scott and the boys had a good run...made some great music...but as with everything that goes up...you know the rest. I think Scott is one of the best fromtmen out there today. He hooked up with some killer cats...and the rest is Velver Revolver history. I wouldnt mind seeing STP back together...but I think I'll wait until revolver fades out...know what i mean? Rock on...

NATEDOG001976
12-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
Stone Temple Pilots were wonderful. I truly loved that band. You know what's funny though? I never really liked the first album that much! Maybe 3 or 4 tracks? It was from PURPLE on that I became a big fan. My favorite album is without a doubt...FOUR. What a great fucking album. So many memorable classic songs. Scott and the boys had a good run...made some great music...but as with everything that goes up...you know the rest. I think Scott is one of the best fromtmen out there today. He hooked up with some killer cats...and the rest is Velver Revolver history. I wouldnt mind seeing STP back together...but I think I'll wait until revolver fades out...know what i mean? Rock on...

5 star vote for that one! I love the fist STP cd, Purple is my fav though.

Rikk
12-07-2005, 05:54 PM
I agree 100% with DIRTY DUCK. I love STP to death...one of my favorite bands. But the first album just doesn't stand up to the others. It's much more rock 'n' roll grunge cliche. No wonder I didn't get into them until '94...

Warham
12-07-2005, 05:57 PM
I've bought every album since the first. If they come out with another one, I'll be there.

Rikk
12-07-2005, 06:02 PM
NO. 4 was the best. SHANGRI LA-DI-DA was pretty damn great. I remember being a little underwhelmed when I first took it home. But as the year went on, I grew to love it. Then they broke up, and I was pissed as hell because I wanted to hear more.

The one last song they did from the GREATEST HITS was awesome.

Warham
12-07-2005, 06:06 PM
I still like Purple and Tiny Music the best. I can't pick between the two. ;)

Rikk
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
TINY MUSIC is amazing. It's probably their most adventurous album, though SHANGRI LA-DI-DA also carries that marker.

NATEDOG001976
12-07-2005, 06:20 PM
SHANGRI LA-DI-DA, yes what a great STP CD. Most people don't have it...it's a shame!

NATEDOG001976
12-07-2005, 06:22 PM
They all are very good. But on Purple they were hitting on all cylinders, Pure rock magic!

Warham
12-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I have a feeling some people were turned off by Weiland's antics before that album was released, not knowing for sure whether STP was even going to be around much longer. They have had such an tumultuous relationship since their first album.

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Weiland and the Guitar Deleo player got in a fist fiight on tour which lead to them breaking up.

Diver Down NJ
12-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Weiland and the Guitar Deleo player got in a fist fiight on tour which lead to them breaking up.

Got a source for that? :confused:

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Diver Down NJ
Got a source for that? :confused:

I heard it on 93x in minneapolis 2 years ago, when they released "Thank You" the hits cd.

Terry
12-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Loved the Pilots.

Yeah, they did get dubbed as a grunge rip-off, although to me Weiland and Vedder were BOTH just a couple of kids who were trying to give off a Morrisonesque vibe, rather than STP trying to copy Pearl Jam.

Dug STP all the way up until Shangri-La-Dee-Da. Kinda mixed feelings about that one. Core is great. So is Purple. Same for Tiny Music. I think No 4 might be my fave. Dean DeLeo is brilliant.

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2005, 08:53 PM
I think they are the best band to come out since 1992, hands down.

Dirty Duck
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
SHANGRI LA-DI-DA, yes what a great STP CD. Most people don't have it...it's a shame!

I have it...and i love it too..

Dirty Duck
12-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
I agree 100% with DIRTY DUCK. I love STP to death...one of my favorite bands. But the first album just doesn't stand up to the others. It's much more rock 'n' roll grunge cliche. No wonder I didn't get into them until '94...

Exactly...

Dirty Duck
12-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Purple was really amazing. Just a great vibe on that album. Very deep at times..."Still remains" I had a lot of sex to that cd back in the day. Four is still my all time fav. That's why music is so cool. Put in the CD..the magic of memories return.....wish I could go back at times.
Don't you?

ThrillsNSpills
12-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Videos (http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/multimedia_video.html)

Hey

What are you lookin at.

NATEDOG001976
12-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Videos (http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/multimedia_video.html)

Hey

What are you lookin at. "

On the "Thank You" CD it also came with a bonus DVD for a short time, it has great live stuff on it. STP did Sweet Emotion with Aerosmith on the Bootleg section, Weiland forgot the lyrics and Steven Tyler is telling him what to sing...it's great!