• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

McCARTNEY HAD PLANNED TO REUNITE BEATLES

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY planned to reunite THE BEATLES a year before JOHN LENNON was murdered, according to a newly released record contract.

In a 1979 deal with CBS Records, McCartney claimed he could again make music with Lennon, GEORGE HARRISON and RINGO STARR under the banner of The Beatles.

Details of the $10.8 million (GBP6 million) contract have been released to coincide with the 25th anniversary of Lennon's death on 8 December 1980 later this week.

An industry insider comments, "This is the earliest evidence of any Beatle making formal overtures towards a reunion."

Lennon was shot by assassin MARK DAVID CHAPMAN outside his New York City apartment.

06/12/2005 02:28
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Damn....that's amazing.

What might have been....

Of course...would Lennon have gone for it?

As for George and Ringo....I've always seen them as "Michael Anthony" types...
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Wayne L.

I knew the Beatles were planning on possibly reuniting back in 79 because I THOUGHT it was going to happen myself since it was all the buzz around the end of the year & made headlines in my local paper at the time but it never happened.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY planned to reunite THE BEATLES a year before JOHN LENNON was murdered, according to a newly released record contract.

In a 1979 deal with CBS Records, McCartney claimed he could again make music with Lennon, GEORGE HARRISON and RINGO STARR under the banner of The Beatles.

Details of the $10.8 million (GBP6 million) contract have been released to coincide with the 25th anniversary of Lennon's death on 8 December 1980 later this week.

An industry insider comments, "This is the earliest evidence of any Beatle making formal overtures towards a reunion."

Lennon was shot by assassin MARK DAVID CHAPMAN outside his New York City apartment.

06/12/2005 02:28

yeah, and because of Yoko Oh No, there wasn't a 'next best thing' reunion with Julian Lennon, who not only sounds almost EXACTLY like his father, has the same guitar stylings too.

Yoko Oh No wouldn't have allowed that because it's Cynthia's son, not hers.

Sean Lennon has a shitty attitude, too. Had an album that came out in mid-late 90's, and some fans asked him to play some Beatles songs. His reply to them? "F*** OFF!"
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• thome
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Mar 2005

I, Me,Mine, Have never been hit so Hard by a Death outside my own Family.

Not to this Day and probably never again .Rotten Deal .

The Beatles Would have reunited I am Possitive.I just Know this .

Van Halen .......?

Comment

• bastardog
            Commando
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman

As for George and Ringo....I've always seen them as "Michael Anthony" types...
            I agree with you on Ringo but I think George had a better carreer outside the Beatles than inside.
            He was the first to came out with a solo album and made some really good songs. In the Beatles he was like MA but outside he was a best music man.......just my oppinion
            Bastardog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

They would have done it I think, just to spite the STONES probably...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

It naturally would've been HUGE.

But, we'll never know.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• spmusicplyr
                  Foot Soldier
                  • May 2004

where did you get this article from
                  Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

am I the only one who gives a shit about the beatles and think they are highly overrated? sorry, thome but to me john lennon has always been one of the most annoying persons in the music history...taking himself much too serious and too important...same with bono nowadays..."you got a message? call western union..." dave nailed it...
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

True story..... in fact they had actually started to write for the album. Some of the songs Lennon was writing ended up on Double Fantasy.

The band was even considering the title "Get Back" for the album, and Columbia was preparing promotional materials for what everyone there assumed would be a massive comeback.

Here's a promotional poster made for the occasion........
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Wow...

Is that real ??

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Cool stuff, FORD.
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Jahuli
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                            True story..... in fact they had actually started to write for the album. Some of the songs Lennon was writing ended up on Double Fantasy.

The band was even considering the title "Get Back" for the album, and Columbia was preparing promotional materials for what everyone there assumed would be a massive comeback.

Here's a promotional poster made for the occasion........

No way!
                            that cant be real!
                            http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/...vidleeroth.gif
                            "Senorita, do you need a friend? I'm in love with you
                            Catch as catch, catch as catch can"

http://corroded-halo.net/mightyboosh/ep6_1.jpg
                            "High crime is on in the city of lights"

Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So it would have been a cross between Double Fantasy and the Frog Chorus...

Comment

Working...