PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella.

Dirty Duck
12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Being a huge fan of music I can be a real pain in the ass when it comes to my opinion. I know I'm gonna get some backlash from this..but fuck it. Last night after getting my head straight (*If you know what I'm sayin') I came across CINDERELLA's Long Cold Winter. Now to start off...I'm a rock n roll junkie. I love rock and metal,and if a bands good...their good...period. Well...Cinderella were DAMN good! So fucking underated it's amazing. Killer..KILLER vocals...some really great songs...tight blues rockin band. Anyone else a fan of these cats? Saw them live twice. Guys...believe it or not...great fucking shows! Here are some of the best they've done:

1)The more things change.
2)Nobody's Fool.
3)Last mile.
4)Gypsy Road.
5)Shake me.
6)Heartbreak station.
7)Long cold winter.
8)War stories.
9)Don't know what u got...till it's gone.

Please respond if you're a fan or ever saw them live. Rock on!!!!

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Grate Band

Gypsy Road and Last Mile are fantastic.

One of the few Hair bands that understood The Blues

Rolling Stones on Aqua-Net

I just sent my copy of this CD to a good friend 1/2 way around the world...

Here's 5 stars for ya :cool:

Guitar Shark
12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Never got into them, myself.

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Never got into them, myself.

Well put the Barry Manilow down for a minute and give 'em a shot, counselor.

They do a kickin' version of Copa Cabana ;)

Dirty Duck
12-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks brother!

Dirty Duck
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Well put the Barry Manilow down for a minute and give 'em a shot, counselor.

They do a kickin' version of Copa Cabana ;)

You rule dude!

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
I do, in fact, rule.

dude.

TLR
12-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Duck...

Saw 'em in concert twice and liked them both times. I have their music in my collection. I'm a fan...

TLR

Dirty Duck
12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by TLR
Duck...

Saw 'em in concert twice and liked them both times. I have their music in my collection. I'm a fan...

TLR

One hell of a band right? They put on a great show. Lounge Machine hit the nail on the head when he responded with:One of the few hair bands that understood the blues" Rock on TLR..thanks for responding!

DLR_EngineRoom
12-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
Being a huge fan of music I can be a real pain in the ass when it comes to my opinion. I know I'm gonna get some backlash from this..but fuck it. Last night after getting my head straight (*If you know what I'm sayin') I came across CINDERELLA's Long Cold Winter. Now to start off...I'm a rock n roll junkie. I love rock and metal,and if a bands good...their good...period. Well...Cinderella were DAMN good! So fucking underated it's amazing. Killer..KILLER vocals...some really great songs...tight blues rockin band. Anyone else a fan of these cats? Saw them live twice. Guys...believe it or not...great fucking shows! Here are some of the best they've done:

1)The more things change.
2)Nobody's Fool.
3)Last mile.
4)Gypsy Road.
5)Shake me.
6)Heartbreak station.
7)Long cold winter.
8)War stories.
9)Don't know what u got...till it's gone.

Please respond if you're a fan or ever saw them live. Rock on!!!!

Saw 'em this past summer, AGAIN, with Quiet Riot and the remaining members of a 'Van Hagaresque' Ratt on their 'Rock Never Stops' tour.

And they ROCKED.

They played stuff they haven't played in a long time from their 'goth era' Night Songs, and they also played ALL of their hits I've come to love in my teenage years...

Cinderella - all original members - still rock.

And yeah, they can keep the name the way it is, 'cause when they were a 'goth image' band during 'Night Songs', the name fit.

And if anyone knows the phone#s of those 'Cinderella girls' in their vidz, lemme know asap...

Alex Mogilny
12-07-2005, 04:44 PM
You mean Poison did not understand the blues.

Fuck, they are all one in the same. Hair metal makes my head hurt.

DLR_EngineRoom
12-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
You mean Poison did not understand the blues.

Fuck, they are all one in the same. Hair metal makes my head hurt.

Sad that you listen to music by hairstyles.

Alex Mogilny
12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
hardy har har

BALLYJUNKIE
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
i saw cinderella once 1986 ,opened for david lee roth,tom kiefer was a rip off of steven tyler ,who was a rip of off mick jagger and so on.discovered by bon jovi.

saint
12-07-2005, 07:50 PM
I saw them in 86 / 87 in Stockholm, A really good show except for the guitar solo. The guy looked kind of funny during the whole thing and as a climax he squirted water from his mouth, that has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen on a stage.

We hung backstage to see if we could say hello to the band. When they came out the where mad because the groupies where ugly. And I don’t blame him they really where, On stage 1 hour earlier he said -We love Sweden and Swedish girls, well maybe not that night.

diamondD
12-07-2005, 11:34 PM
I saw them about 3x, including the one where they were the middle act and Dave headlined. Ironically enough, Extreme was the opener, so Dave and Gary have toured together before.

Cinderella really shed their hairband image on the 2nd album, Long Cold Winter. They were truly more Rolling Stones than Poison after the 1st one.

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 11:38 PM
exactly.

I saw the same bill, d2.

[but missed extreme]

I've never considered them ala Poison/Ratt/Crue

They were a 70's band born too late

diamondD
12-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Yep, that first album really hurt their long term cred. The songwriting really got better with each album, but they got caught up in the hair band rejection phase.

MAX
12-08-2005, 12:33 AM
All I remember about Cinderella was watching them open for Dave on the EEAS Tour. They spun around their guitars and shit. We were stoked for them to leave the stage so EAT 'EM AND SMILE Time could begin. :killer:

MAX
12-08-2005, 12:34 AM
exactly.

I saw the same bill, d2.

[but missed extreme]

I've never considered them ala Poison/Ratt/Crue

They were a 70's band born too late

Did Winger ever tour with them? :p

LoungeMachine
12-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Did Winger ever tour with them? :p

:matrix:

:D

MAX
12-08-2005, 01:23 AM
LOL @ Lounge

Winger story for you. Back in college, in my frat and when I was a pledge, we (pledges) had a thing called "work party" on Sunday mornings. It was mandatory and the twenty odd pledges had to douche the frat house after the weekends parties. Well, the active members would haze us on those Sundays by playing shitty music while we cleaned and they all went out for breakfast. Shit like "Ice, Ice, Baby," The "Saturday Night Fever" Soundtrack (which I've always loved anyway, so it wasn't torture. lol) and any other shitty song over and over and over. I mean, they'd loop a fucking song in the cd player for the four hours we cleaned.

Anyway, one of their favorites to torture us with was "Seventeen" by your band. :p

Unfortunately for myself (and prolly about twenty five other grown men) that fucking song is now permanently etched within my the confines of my small cranium. lol

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Grate Band

Gypsy Road and Last Mile are fantastic.

One of the few Hair bands that understood The Blues

Rolling Stones on Aqua-Net

I just sent my copy of this CD to a good friend 1/2 way around the world...

Hey now, no making fun of Def leppard. Cinderella is good, influenced by leppard.

Here's 5 stars for ya :cool:

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Winger was freaking awesome at the metal mania stripped tour!

Jimmy Jingles
12-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Winger was freaking awesome at the metal mania stripped tour!

Winger sucks balls.

Dirty Duck
12-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Why does WINGER always seem to pop up in the weirdest places? Stuart...is that you again?

Dan
12-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Winger Rocked.:)

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Winger is better than you think, see them live before you judge them.

LoungeMachine
12-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Winger Rocked.:)

:D ;) :cool:

LoungeMachine
12-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Winger is better than you think, see them live before you judge them.

Gee, I thought I was a loser :D

-Kip

fuckhowardstern
12-08-2005, 08:22 PM
LOL Winger - is that what they played when your junior hockey league hit the ice cum breath?

LoungeMachine
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by fuckhowardstern
LOL Winger - is that what they played when your junior hockey league hit the ice cum breath?

Bro,

I applaud the effort.

But you've alread pretty much owned Nate Goo into submission.

I gave you a 5, everyone knows he has Property of FHS tattooed on his ass, and he is without game. Enough:cool:

He pretty much shot his wad and threw away ANY chance once he made that " I was in Junior Hockey" post :D

The real joy comes in taking him off your radar.....

-LM

fuckhowardstern
12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Bro,

I applaud the effort.

But you've alread pretty much owned Nate Goo into submission.

I gave you a 5, everyone knows he has Property of FHS tattooed on his ass, and he is without game. Enough:cool:

He pretty much shot his wad and threw away ANY chance once he made that " I was in Junior Hockey" post :D

The real joy comes in taking him off your radar.....

-LM

If that is your advice and it is an echo of other members on this site who i respect, which I will assume it is, you may anticipate my compliance although not without reserve. Therefore, I will in the future refrain from posting anything negative about the guy starting with and including this post. If and when he decides to attempt to insult me again as he did completely unsolicited in Ritetool's "Roth Reunion" thread the other day, I will seek your further advice on the appropriate response or, as the case may be, non-response.

Sincerely,

Fuckhowardstern

LoungeMachine
12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Oh, by all means......

If he tries to push your buttons, nail him. With our blessings.

But urinating on the guy while he's laying on the sidewalk bleeding from every orafice is just slightly overdoing it.

But again, I applaud the effort.

Well done, FHS

Anonymous
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Cinderella DOES rock. I remember watching the 'Don't Know What You've Got' clip on VH1's Friday Rock Show when I when I was abou 18 or so... Blew my mind. Unfortunately, I live in a country where good music is VERY hard to find, and to top it off, I live in the middle of nowhere. so I couldn't get any of their albums - yet. But as soon as I get my hands on their 'Gratest Hits', if I get the same vibe I did six years ago, I'm gonna get the full discography, like I did with Helloween and Manowar. They're lazy bastards who only released about four albums anyway, so that'll make my job easier. :D

Anyways, I heard that one of their members posts here. Goes by the the name of "Joe Thunder", or something. Here's a link:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21827&highlight=cinderella#vbform

It's in post #5. :D

Cheers! :lol:

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Kip's voice is holding up very well over the years, good show.

Anonymous
12-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Kip's voice is holding up very well over the years, good show.

Stop sucking up to Lounge. :rofl:

Cheers! :bottle:

NATEDOG001976
12-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Stop sucking up to Lounge. :rofl:

Cheers! :bottle:

No way!

Dirty Duck
12-09-2005, 03:55 PM
So anyway....Cinderella.......

ppg960
12-19-2005, 10:45 PM
DLR fired Cinderella the night before they got to Winnipeg. Got into a pissing match about wanting more time as the opener for the 1986 tour. At the last second, Dave hired the Winnipeg band "Harloquin" to open the show. They did really well.
Cinderella is a great band, I was disappointed.