X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mulattothrasher
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jan 2005

I want to hear of some front men that are "DLRish"

DLR is *the* frontman of all time, never will be someone like him....ever.
    But, who is similar to DLR in his acrobatics, flipping off stuff, stage antics, etc...?
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

No one comes within miles of ROTH...you have to really think long and hard..... ? Buck Picasso ?

Wait a minute.....Can't think...I"m dancin'
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
      Commando
      • Nov 2005

Can't think of any that have come since, but he has some predecessors that kick ass: Robert Plant and Roger Daltry come to mind...

Comment

• ppg960
        Sniper
        • Dec 2005

Front man

There has never been a frontman like him before or up until now-period.
        The one guy who reminded me of Roth was the singer from The Bullet Boys. He was very good with the moves as well.

Comment

• rustoffa
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Re: I want to hear of some front men that are "DLRish"

Originally posted by Mulattothrasher
          But, who is similar to DLR in his acrobatics, flipping off stuff, stage antics, etc...?
          Is this in regard to Mangum?

Fuck, everybody flips off somebody as well. Joan Jett shot me a bird when I yelled' "CHERRY BOMB!!!" @ her!

Something borrowed, something stole, whateverthefuck. I'd have to say DLR's CVH onstage schtick was a true anamoly as physical performance goes.

BTW, Mangum ripped off Farner before Stanley did. Who's zoomin' who?

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

My opinion that no one comes even slightly close or remotely reminds me of ROTH as far as frontmen go, is that what ROTH did/does on Stage is WHO he is naturally.

There's only 1 ELVIS, 1 SINATRA and absolutely 1 ROTH.......period.

(not even Jagger or Tyler fit the category)
            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
              Veteran
              • Apr 2004

Kind of a lost Era, which sucks
              http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
              Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
              Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• jero
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Truly NO ONE!! Not even close

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

One frontman that I always loved was Peter Wolf with J. Geils Band. He wasn't really DLRish, but he sure knew how to throw a party at a show.

He was a true entertainer and not just a singer, like Roth.

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Calderone
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

maybe you will like this :
                    check the videos and the MEDIA section so you can hear samples

pictures here :

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Nice pics Calderone
                      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2005

Perry Farrel, Phil Anselmo and Eddie Vedder were pretty good after DLR....
                        ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Dutch
                          Groupie
                          • Feb 2004

Justin Hawkins of The Darkness. Obviously influenced.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mulattothrasher
                            DLR is *the* frontman of all time, never will be someone like him....ever.
                            Brian Johnson, Justin Hawkins, Joe Elliott, Larry Gowan, Vince Neil. Jon Bon Jovi, Bret Michaels and last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST....

Marq "BulletBoy" Torien

...........smooooooooooooth uuuuup in yaaaaaaaaaaa.........
                            Last edited by DLR_EngineRoom; 12-08-2005, 06:34 PM.
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

Brian Johnson-Was good because He screamed like hell into a Mike, and was very good vocally, Also did a hell of a Job covering Bon Scotts Stuff.

Axl Rose- At Times him and Slash were like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. Perfect combo, That is when Axl wasn't being a dick.

Steven Tyler- The Fucking Man, My secound favorite Frontman, Not as good as Roth but still pretty coo.

That Dude from the Bullet Boys- Thinks he is Dave, Not that theres anything wrong with that, I Liked that sound They sounded more Van Halen than Van Halen at that point (OU812 sucks Balls.). Would have been cool If they fired Sam at the end of OU812 and hired The Bullet Boys guys back, I think that would've been the closet thing to seeing a Roth Reunion.
                              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...