PDA

View Full Version : I want to hear of some front men that are "DLRish"

Mulattothrasher
12-07-2005, 10:20 PM
DLR is *the* frontman of all time, never will be someone like him....ever.
But, who is similar to DLR in his acrobatics, flipping off stuff, stage antics, etc...?

bantonelli
12-07-2005, 10:39 PM
No one comes within miles of ROTH...you have to really think long and hard..... ? Buck Picasso ?

Wait a minute.....Can't think...I"m dancin'

fuckhowardstern
12-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Can't think of any that have come since, but he has some predecessors that kick ass: Robert Plant and Roger Daltry come to mind...

ppg960
12-07-2005, 10:53 PM
There has never been a frontman like him before or up until now-period.
The one guy who reminded me of Roth was the singer from The Bullet Boys. He was very good with the moves as well.

rustoffa
12-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Mulattothrasher
But, who is similar to DLR in his acrobatics, flipping off stuff, stage antics, etc...?

Is this in regard to Mangum?

Fuck, everybody flips off somebody as well. Joan Jett shot me a bird when I yelled' "CHERRY BOMB!!!" @ her!

Something borrowed, something stole, whateverthefuck. I'd have to say DLR's CVH onstage schtick was a true anamoly as physical performance goes.

BTW, Mangum ripped off Farner before Stanley did. Who's zoomin' who?

bantonelli
12-07-2005, 11:13 PM
My opinion that no one comes even slightly close or remotely reminds me of ROTH as far as frontmen go, is that what ROTH did/does on Stage is WHO he is naturally.

There's only 1 ELVIS, 1 SINATRA and absolutely 1 ROTH.......period.

(not even Jagger or Tyler fit the category)

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Kind of a lost Era, which sucks

jero
12-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Truly NO ONE!! Not even close

diamondsgirl
12-08-2005, 09:35 AM
One frontman that I always loved was Peter Wolf with J. Geils Band. He wasn't really DLRish, but he sure knew how to throw a party at a show. :cool:

He was a true entertainer and not just a singer, like Roth.

http://www.studiowner.com/images/pw3geils.jpg

Calderone
12-08-2005, 01:02 PM
maybe you will like this :
check the videos and the MEDIA section so you can hear samples
http://www.moteltheband.com
pictures here :
http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10462

diamondsgirl
12-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Nice pics Calderone :)

Soul Reaper
12-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Perry Farrel, Phil Anselmo and Eddie Vedder were pretty good after DLR....

Dutch
12-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Justin Hawkins of The Darkness. Obviously influenced.

DLR_EngineRoom
12-08-2005, 05:29 PM

Brian Johnson, Justin Hawkins, Joe Elliott, Larry Gowan, Vince Neil. Jon Bon Jovi, Bret Michaels and last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST....

Marq "BulletBoy" Torien

...........smooooooooooooth uuuuup in yaaaaaaaaaaa.........

Unchainme
12-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Brian Johnson-Was good because He screamed like hell into a Mike, and was very good vocally, Also did a hell of a Job covering Bon Scotts Stuff.

Axl Rose- At Times him and Slash were like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. Perfect combo, That is when Axl wasn't being a dick.

Steven Tyler- The Fucking Man, My secound favorite Frontman, Not as good as Roth but still pretty coo.

That Dude from the Bullet Boys- Thinks he is Dave, Not that theres anything wrong with that, I Liked that sound They sounded more Van Halen than Van Halen at that point (OU812 sucks Balls.). Would have been cool If they fired Sam at the end of OU812 and hired The Bullet Boys guys back, I think that would've been the closet thing to seeing a Roth Reunion.

rustoffa
12-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
One frontman that I always loved was Peter Wolf with J. Geils Band. He wasn't really DLRish, but he sure knew how to throw a party at a show. :cool:

He was a true entertainer and not just a singer, like Roth.

Yep, Wolf is way up the list. Just all over the stage....similair to Roth in energy expended.

:lookie:

diamondsgirl
12-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Yep, Wolf is way up the list. Just all over the stage....similair to Roth in energy expended.

:lookie:

hell yes...some of the best times I ever had were at Geils shows.

"Nothin' but a party... " :cool:

Phil theStalker
12-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I'mm like DLR.

Doo yoo hav big tits?!

=PtS=
:spank:

Jurak
12-09-2005, 12:57 AM
no... but i have a hat and a beard now.... :D

DrMaddVibe
12-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Danzig, but in a dark way.

Calderone
12-09-2005, 11:41 AM
cool cool

Soul Reaper
12-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Mike Patton is a pretty good frontman as well, imo....

Dave's Bitch
12-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Sebastian Bach

and yea Phil Anselmo,he was good onstage,jumping off the drums and everything

DLR_EngineRoom
12-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
That Dude from the Bullet Boys- Thinks he is Dave, Not that theres anything wrong with that, I Liked that sound They sounded more Van Halen than Van Halen at that point (OU812 sucks Balls.). Would have been cool If they fired Sam at the end of OU812 and hired The Bullet Boys guys back, I think that would've been the closet thing to seeing a Roth Reunion.

My thoughts EXACTLY. Which is not that far from what VH actually did in 98. There were a few really good 'new' singers in the late 80's, and between Marq Torien and Gary Cherone, either would be a great match ONLY BECAUSE both of them are admitted ROTH FANs.

Torien woulda been really interesting, but that move woulda been compared to Jimmy Page joining forces with David Coverdale, the cheap Plant imitation....

Golden AWe
12-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Golden AWe...

jhale667
12-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom

Torien woulda been really interesting, but that move woulda been compared to Jimmy Page joining forces with David Coverdale, the cheap Plant imitation....

Yep...not that hiring Cherone was much different...if they want an good facsimile, they should just hire Ralph from the punks. As far as 'new' (ish) singers go....Weiland's cool (between drug episodes)...and the dude from My Chemical Romance is ok....:rolleyes:

Unchainme
12-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
Yep...not that hiring Cherone was much different...if they want an good facsimile, they should just hire Ralph from the punks. As far as 'new' (ish) singers go....Weiland's cool (between drug episodes)...and the dude from My Chemical Romance is ok....:rolleyes:

My Chemical Romacce sucks balls, Buncha Whiney emo bitches.

jhale667
12-10-2005, 12:12 AM
My Chemical Romacce sucks balls, Buncha Whiney emo bitches.

Well, you gotta admit they're head and shoulders above the fucking Yellowcards of the world...:p and all that other crap...I was talking about the frontguy....:rolleyes:

Soul Reaper
12-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
and yea Phil Anselmo,he was good onstage,jumping off the drums and everything

there was always a lot of energy in Pantera's live shows.....

Wayne L.
12-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Dave is one of the LAST great frontmen in rock because what came after him as in Jon Bon Jovi, Vince Neil & Bret Michaelsa are so damn lame.

ppg960
12-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Marq Torien-that's the name Thanks.
He was really good in his own way. He did some Roth stuff as well. Saw them in concert in the early 90's and they were really good.
Klaus Meine of the Scorpions.
Brian Johnson - AC/DC
Tesla's lead singer - good
There will only be one DLR as he is one in a milllion.

diamondsgirl
12-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Whiney emo bitches.

whiney emo bitches as frontmen SUCK

stop your fucking complaining you friggin losers and have some fun DAMMIT!! :mad:

MAX
12-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Anthony Kiedis used to be a beyond stellar frontman when The Chili Peps didn't take themselves so fucking seriously. Anthony has given props to Dave as the "greatest frontman ever" in old interviews. Back in the day, Kiedis put on a hell of a energetic and entertaining performance.

http://malestars.codserver.com/cnt/anthony_kiedis/photos/15.jpg

doctor roth
12-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Can anyone say Jim Dandy ???

ppg960
12-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Who the Fuck is Jim Dandy?
Max makes a good point about Anthony from the RHCP's.
What about the frontman from Collective Soul? They are one of the best bands to come from the 90's. They also help put the final nail in the Grunge coffin. Thank Fucking Christ!

WARF
12-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I think Kid Rock is DLR's son.

diamondsgirl
12-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Anthony Kiedis used to be a beyond stellar frontman when The Chili Peps didn't take themselves so fucking seriously. Anthony has given props to Dave as the "greatest frontman ever" in old interviews. Back in the day, Kiedis put on a hell of a energetic and entertaining performance.

http://malestars.codserver.com/cnt/anthony_kiedis/photos/15.jpg

and he was hotttt :D

doctor roth
12-19-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by ppg960

The singer from Black Oak Arkansas. Have

doctor roth
12-19-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by ppg960

Loons The Great
12-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Andrew Wood(of Mother Love Bone)
Bobby Rush(can put the crowd in the palm of his hand like Roth)
Jack White(can sing them blues)
Chris Robinson
Howlin' Pele Almquist
The brothers from Oasis(they fight like Dave and Ed)
Eddie Vedder
Mark Lanegan

ppg960
12-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the clarifacation. Now I know who the Fuck Jim Dandy is!

Merry X-mas.