PDA

View Full Version : The War on Christmas Continues

BigBadBrian
12-09-2005, 11:40 AM
School Okays 'Christmas Witch,' Menorahs; Rewrites 'Silent Night'
Secularized Lyrics 'Mock' Christian Christmas Carols, Says Liberty Counsel
By Jim Brown
December 8, 2005

(AgapePress) - The "war against Christmas" rages on. A Wisconsin elementary school has changed the song "Silent Night" to "Cold in the Night," and secularized the lyrics.

Ridgeway Elementary School in Dodgeville may be taking a cue from the White House, which as been sending out greeting cards in the last few weeks, wishing recipients a happy "Holiday Season" rather than "Merry Christmas." The school's "Winter Program" features a secularized version of the traditional Christmas carol "Silent Night" with the following lyrics:

Cold in the night, no one in sight;
Winter winds whirl and bite.
How I wish I were happy and warm,
Safe with my family out of the storm.

A concerned parent whose child attends Ridgeway Elementary contacted the Florida-based Liberty Counsel, which has contacted the school. The legal group's president and general counsel, Mat Staver, explains that as part of its program, the school has also included decorations from other holiday themes.

Mat Staver
"At the same time the school has changed the religious songs to secular," Staver says, "their so-called 'Winter Program' has included decorating classrooms with Santa Claus, Kwanzaa, menorahs, and even Labafana -- a term I'd not even heard of until this year." Labafana, he says, is "apparently a Christmas witch."

The attorney says Ridgeway is now a target of Liberty Counsel's "Friend or Foe" campaign. "As a result of this absurdness, Liberty Counsel has issued a demand letter on behalf of a parent whose child attends this elementary school, and who will be participating in this program if the school does not back down." That demand letter, he says, asks for an immediate change in the program -- or Liberty Counsel will file suit.

The basic premise of the "Friend or Foe" campaign is to educate the public that it is legal to celebrate Christmas in schools, public buildings, and private businesses -- including use of the word "Christmas," singing of religious Christmas carols, and displaying of Nativity scenes. According to Staver, there indeed is a war on Christmas.

"Our opponents in this Christmas campaign are not debating us anymore on the law," he admits. "They agree with us that the law allows Christmas. They are trying to say that, in fact, there's no problem going on in America."

But that is definitely not the case, Staver continues. "For those who deny that there is a war on Christmas, this Wisconsin school district -- where they changed the lyrics of 'Silent Night' to 'Cold in the Night' -- is essentially Exhibit A."

The Liberty Counsel president says the law is clear that Christmas is constitutional. But he notes that "when a public school intentionally mocks Christian Christmas songs by secularizing their content, they cross the line from a neutral position -- which the Constitution requires -- to a hostile position, which the Constitution forbids."

Staver says Ridgeway Elementary ought to realize that Christmas is a national holiday celebrated by 96 percent of Americans.

Link (http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/12/afa/82005a.asp)

Guitar Shark
12-09-2005, 11:43 AM
It's a national crisis! :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
12-09-2005, 11:46 AM
I'll be putting up my BACCHUS Tree this weekend.:)

Nickdfresh
12-09-2005, 12:02 PM
The original "War On Christmas."

From The HistoryChannel.com (http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/holidays/christmas/real3.html)

--An Outlaw Christmas
In the early 17th century, a wave of religious reform changed the way Christmas was celebrated in Europe. When Oliver Cromwell and his Puritan forces took over England in 1645, they vowed to rid England of decadence and, as part of their effort, cancelled Christmas. By popular demand, Charles II was restored to the throne and, with him, came the return of the popular holiday.

Oliver Cromwell
Corbis-BettmanThe pilgrims, English separatists that came to America in 1620, were even more orthodox in their Puritan beliefs than Cromwell. As a result, Christmas was not a holiday in early America. From 1659 to 1681, the celebration of Christmas was actually outlawed in Boston. Anyone exhibiting the Christmas spirit was fined five shillings. By contrast, in the Jamestown settlement, Captain John Smith reported that Christmas was enjoyed by all and passed without incident.

After the American Revolution, English customs fell out of favor, including Christmas. In fact, Congress was in session on December 25, 1789, the first Christmas under America's new constitution. Christmas wasn't declared a federal holiday until June 26, 1870.

Irving Reinvents Christmas

It wasn't until the 19th century that Americans began to embrace Christmas. Americans re-invented Christmas, and changed it from a raucous carnival holiday into a family-centered day of peace and nostalgia. But what about the 1800s peaked American interest in the holiday?

Washington Irving
Archive Photos The early 19th century was a period of class conflict and turmoil. During this time, unemployment was high and gang rioting by the disenchanted classes often occurred during the Christmas season. In 1828, the New York city council instituted the city's first police force in response to a Christmas riot. This catalyzed certain members of the upper classes to begin to change the way Christmas was celebrated in America.

In 1819, best-selling author Washington Irving wrote The Sketchbook of Geoffrey Crayon, gent., a series of stories about the celebration of Christmas in an English manor house.
The sketches feature a squire who invited the peasants into his home for the holiday. In contrast to the problems faced in American society, the two groups mingled effortlessly. In Irving's mind, Christmas should be a peaceful, warm-hearted holiday bringing groups together across lines of wealth or social status. Irving's fictitious celebrants enjoyed "ancient customs," including the crowning of a Lord of Misrule. Irving's book, however, was not based on any holiday celebration he had attended—in fact, many historians say that Irving's account actually "invented" tradition by implying that it described the true customs of the season.

A Christmas Carol

Also around this time, English author Charles Dickens created the classic holiday tale, A Christmas Carol. The story's message—the importance of charity and good will towards all humankind—struck a powerful chord in the United States and England and showed members of Victorian society the benefits of celebrating the holiday.
Charles Dickens
Archive Photos The family was also becoming less disciplined and more sensitive to the emotional needs of children during the early 1800s. Christmas provided families with a day when they could lavish attention—and gifts—on their children without appearing to "spoil" them.

As Americans began to embrace Christmas as a perfect family holiday, old customs were unearthed. People looked toward recent immigrants and Catholic and Episcopalian churches to see how the day should be celebrated. In the next 100 years, Americans built a Christmas tradition all their own that included pieces of many other customs, including decorating trees, sending holiday cards, and gift-giving.
Although most families quickly bought into the idea that they were celebrating Christmas how it had been done for centuries, Americans had really re-invented a holiday to fill the cultural needs of a growing nation.

I want the drunken festival back!:mad:
Doesn't sound all that religious to me....

ULTRAMAN VH
12-09-2005, 12:09 PM
For crying out loud, Christmas comes once a year. Leave it alone. This country is getting ridiculous. OH, AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!

Pink Spider
12-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Happy holidays, Brian!

:D

Pink Spider
12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
The original "War On Christmas."

From The HistoryChannel.com (http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/holidays/christmas/real3.html)

I want the drunken festival back!:mad:
Doesn't sound all that religious to me....

You don't need Bacchus to have a drunken festival. ;)

Nickdfresh
12-09-2005, 12:28 PM
I try to keep the spirit of Bacchus/Dionysus, Saturn, and of the solstice' every day of the year.:D

Jesus Christ
12-09-2005, 12:29 PM
I was born in September, so getteth over it already. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
12-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ

I thought it was sometime between March and May.:confused:

ELVIS
12-09-2005, 01:28 PM

Shut the fuck up...:rolleyes:

scamper
12-09-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm no bible thumper but it is a Christian holiday, leave it alone.

FORD
12-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Shut the fuck up...:rolleyes:

Not only is Jesus correct, but the actual date of His birth may shock you.

Maybe Osama knew something that most of us didn't?

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=467

BigBadBrian
12-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
Happy holidays, Brian!

Merry Christmas to you, too, Pinky.

May GOD Bless you in the coming year. :)

FORD
12-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

But if He did, how would she know?

BigBadBrian
12-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by FORD

All that is good on this Earth comes from Him. She will know.

:gulp:

FORD
12-09-2005, 06:36 PM
So if all that is good on this Earth comes from God, does that mean all that is bad comes from the other direction?

jhale667
12-09-2005, 06:55 PM

Cathedral
12-09-2005, 08:17 PM
So if all that is good on this Earth comes from God, does that mean all that is bad comes from the other direction?

Yes, it does.
It's like the question people are sometimes forced to ask themselves, usually in a time of great pain or loss, Why does God let bad things happen?
The answer has always been simple, because there is Evil in the world.
So then people end up blaming God when they forget that God didn't create the sin, Man created sin by his own free will when he chose to go his own way excluding God.
It started with Lucifer, who is an angel by the way, who thought he was equal to God, the Father. He still believes that today and has many among us that worship his name as well. ;)

People underestimate the power of Satan, if i have learned any valuable lessons in life, that one is close to being the most important lesson of them all.

But this whole media blitz about Christmas being attacked....whatever, it doesn't effect me or my family or the way we celebrate the birth of Christ. Everyday is Christmas, don't ya think?
We have life, we have choice, we live in what is left of the greatest nation on earth....we have love of family and friends, and the list keeps going and going.
The government has no right to be involved in faith issues in any way, seperation of church and state is a bunch of crap and it opened the door to all of this political and social Christmas nonesense.

Christmas isn't being attacked in my home, and the politicizing of all this "War on Christmas" garbage only stirs the shit that makes the stink.
There has been a war against Christ since the day he was born, there's nothing new here.
Except that a small group of people have found funds to create changes in our culture that a majority simply does not support.

All this indicates to me is that the time has come for the true Christians to stand up and start speaking out against these changes.
Constitutionally, everyone should retain the right to do and act as they choose in their own homes, but society, OPEN PUBLIC society should be neutral ground where laws that protect everyone are enforced and abided by, in the fashion our Constitution originally had planned.
Again, just because the Constitution was written based on God's law, that has nothing to do or say about how, where. when or why people worship. they were just really good laws for everyone's benefit.

Christmas is a Christian Holiday, so if you aren't a Christian it isn't a Holiday for you, go to work.
The problem is that the government MADE it a National Holiday which is where it went south to begin with and has resulted in the crazy greedy madness it has become.

So go ahead, take Christmas out of the public square, it's unconstitutional for the most part and nothing that resembles the true meaning of Christmas anyway.
The spirit of Christmas is in the heart, not the banner over the tree in a store, or in what a cashier says or doesn't say to you....it's not about any of that stuff...It's about celebrating the birth of the Messiah, our Messiah. If he isn't your Savior i'm sorry about that, but he is mine and you cannot take him from me no matter what law you change or word you remove from a song because he lives inside the heart.

Pink Spider
12-09-2005, 09:01 PM

Nice try. ;)

Pink Spider
12-09-2005, 09:05 PM

$1,000,000 left on my doorstep?

Amen.

FORD
12-09-2005, 09:22 PM
$1,000,000 left on my doorstep?

Amen.

Not neccessarily. The Bible says "money is the root of all evil".

So if you had a million dollars on your doorstep, maybe it came from Satan? http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/smiley_evilGrin.gif

Pink Spider
12-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Then why do Communists worship red?

BigBadBrian
12-09-2005, 10:09 PM
http://www.herald-sun.com/images/photos/live/colemain_12-25.jpg

FORD
12-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Then why do Communists worship red?

Because they listen to Sammy Hagar?

Cathedral
12-10-2005, 03:15 AM

So if you had a million dollars on your doorstep, maybe it came from Satan? http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/smiley_evilGrin.gif

Dude, the Bible does not say that money is the root of all evil, it says "the LOVE of money is the root of all evil"

1 Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some have been led astray from the faith in their greed, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (WEB)

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil: which some reaching after have been led astray from the faith, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (ASV)

For the love of money is a root of all evil: and some whose hearts were fixed on it have been turned away from the faith, and been wounded with unnumbered sorrows. (BBE)

For the love of money is the root of every evil; which some having aspired after, have wandered from the faith, and pierced themselves with many sorrows. (DBY)

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (KJV)

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some have coveted, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (WBS)

For from love of money all sorts of evils arise; and some have so hankered after money as to be led astray from the faith and be pierced through with countless sorrows. (WEY)

for a root of all the evils is the love of money, which certain longing for did go astray from the faith, and themselves did pierce through with many sorrows; (YLT)

8 versions agree, you are wrong on that quotation, Sir.

Nickdfresh
12-10-2005, 03:30 AM
By Jim Brown
December 8, 2005
(AgapePress)

The attorney says Ridgeway is now a target of Liberty Counsel's "Friend or Foe" campaign. "As a result of this absurdness, Liberty Counsel has issued a demand letter on behalf of a parent whose child attends this elementary school, and who will be participating in this program if the school does not back down." That demand letter, he says, asks for an immediate change in the program -- or Liberty Counsel will file suit.

December 9, 2005

A Very Wary Christmas
Retailers and governments heed the wrath of Christians who seek recognition of the sanctity of the occasion. Attorneys are standing by.

By Stephanie Simon, Times Staff Writer

PARKER, Colo. — Christmas is back.

A few weeks ago, banners outside every Lowe's store in the nation announced a sale on "Holiday Trees." Hundreds of Christians called to complain that the home-improvement chain was shunning Christmas.

The banners came down. Now the fake firs and pines are clearly labeled "Christmas Trees."

Target, too, started the season with a generic marketing theme. It pushed holiday plates, holiday leggings, holiday ornaments, holiday trees — with nary a mention of Christmas. Then, more than 500,000 shoppers signed an online pledge to boycott the chain. This week, Target promised to bring more Christmas into its stores as Dec. 25 approaches.

For the third year in a row, Christians nationwide have mobilized to put the holy back in the holiday. And they are winning battle after battle.

Their most publicized victories have come in the retail realm, where they have urged stores to acknowledge that the December shopping frenzy is not just about scoring a cheap DVD player, but also about celebrating Christ's birth.

Walgreen Co. says it's too late to change this year's "holiday" circulars, but in response to dozens of customer complaints, it has promised to bring back the word "Christmas" in its 2006 ads.

Macy's — the subject of a small boycott last year — sent activists a letter touting its use of "Merry Christmas" in ads, store windows and a TV jingle. A Macy's executive vice president, Louis M. Meunier, pledged that the company would use Christmas in even more marketing next year.

Defenders of Christmas hailed the news with triumph.

But they haven't stopped at the mall door.

At least 1,500 attorneys have volunteered to sue any town that tries to keep Nativity scenes out of its holiday displays. About 8,000 public school teachers stand ready to report any principal who removes "Silent Night" from the choir program.

The volunteers are armed with a seven-page memo that lays out the case for Jesus in public school concerts, for creches in the classroom and for mangers in city parks (as long as the religious references are balanced with secular songs and decorations).

The memo was written by the Liberty Counsel, a nonprofit law firm based in Orlando, Fla., that is affiliated with the Rev. Jerry Falwell. The firm won a federal ruling in 2003 that said several Massachusetts high schoolers' free-speech rights were violated when they were suspended for distributing candy canes adorned with religious greetings.

This week, the Liberty Counsel won against two Florida towns that had agreed to let locals decorate a public park with a Christmas tree and a menorah but not a Nativity scene. The nonprofit law firm had no sooner filed suit in federal court than the towns reversed course and permitted a display depicting Jesus' birth.

Liberty Counsel President Mathew D. Staver has also threatened to sue two Wisconsin elementary schools over choir concerts he says deny the religious nature of Christmas by featuring songs about Santa instead of Jesus.

One of the districts Staver has questioned does include the religious song "Angels We Have Heard on High" in a "holiday sing." But he remains convinced that secularists have declared a "war on Christmas," in some cases going so far as to change the lyrics of songs like "Silent Night" to remove any reference to Christ's birth.

"People often think the safest route is to censor Christmas," Staver said. "But to be inclusive, you need to recognize all aspects of the holiday."

That message has even made its way into politics. After a decade as a generic holiday tree, the twinkling conifer at the Capitol is a Christmas tree once more, thanks to a request by House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.).

Some Christian leaders have taken their campaign to the White House, expressing outrage this week over the annual White House greeting card, which offers wishes for a happy "holiday season." President Bush, they said, had better start wishing them a "Merry Christmas" instead.

Such demands have some skeptics crying Grinch.

"To call out a team of lawyers to insist that people say 'Merry Christmas' — what could be less in the Christmas spirit?" asked Jeremy Gunn, director of the American Civil Liberties Union's Program on Freedom of Religion and Belief.

"Don't they have anything better to do?" he asked.

Christian activists respond that this is one of the most important causes they can imagine.

In their view, God, prayer and faith have been unfairly pushed out of the public square — out of classrooms, city halls and now shopping malls — in the name of multiculturalism.

"Even people who aren't normally churchgoers are saying they're sick of it," said Jennifer Giroux of Cincinnati, who has begun marketing $2 rubber bracelets stamped "Just Say 'Merry Christmas.' " In her first week in business, she sold about 5,000.

She and others see the secularization of Christmas as political correctness gone mad. Tying their campaign to such commercial yardsticks, such as the number of times the word "Christmas" is mentioned in an advertising circular, is their effort to elevate the holy, they say, by making sure no shopper, parade-watcher or first-grade choir student can forget what all the tinsel and trimmings are about.

That means insisting that everyone call Christmas "Christmas" — and nothing else.

"Christmas is not a holiday. A holiday is when you take a day off work and run around playing," said Randy Sharp, director of special projects for the American Family Assn., which led the Target campaign. Using the word "holiday" for Dec. 25 devalues "our nation's most holy day," Sharp said. "And I take offense."

Shoppers rushing into a Lowe's in this suburb south of Denver tended to agree.

"We're celebrating Christ's birthday," said Renee Tillitz, 34. "This is not just a time to buy people a lot of junk."

"It's Christmas! It's Christmas! So call it Christmas!" Dick Warner, 77, fairly shouted.

The defenders of Christmas take pains to explain they're not asking to monopolize the season. They say they'd welcome store displays wishing customers a Happy Hanukkah or a Blessed Kwanzaa or even a Joyous Pagan Solstice along with a Merry Christmas. What they object to is the rigorously neutral message that has become common.

"Renaming a Christmas tree a holiday tree doesn't make any more sense than taking a menorah and renaming it a candlestick," said Staver of the Liberty Counsel.

The law firm and other groups have used the "battle for Christmas" as a fundraising pitch. Some activists have also tried to turn the campaign into a political issue. Fox News Channel host John Gibson came out with a book this fall called "The War on Christmas: How the Liberal Plot to Ban the Sacred Christmas Holiday Is Worse Than You Thought."

Critics on the left say right-wing leaders are creating a crisis to rile voters.

If so, it hasn't worked on Mary Rittler, 78.

She prefers "Christmas" to "holiday," but as she pushed her cart through a Lowe's parking lot, Rittler said the semantic scrap seemed much ado about nothing.

Then she paused.

Musing aloud, she said there was one holiday battle that seemed to her worth fighting.

"You talk about offended — I'm offended when stores start putting up Christmas lights in November," she said. "Let Thanksgiving have its day."

What a bunch of horseshit..."Donate now! Buy my book!" Oh, BRIAN, you were saying about lawyers?:D

Have a happy Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, happy New Year, & happy Winter Solstice everybody...(or "Happy Holiday Season.";))

thome
12-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Seems like some of the stores that boycotted or Used Happy Holidays
instead of Merry Christmas are doing it different this year Target
and Sears both have MC back in thier ads.
I heard these statements and thought who gives a Fuk.
Coke has Happy Holidays on their(normally) Christmas Issue Can. Jeez

If someone wants to buy a christmas present for their child but
won't buy it if it sais something about christmas or the store their
buying it from uses christmas in their logo or whatever Fuk -Um.

Why are they buying things and celebrateing this holiday.
I just don't get .
Kinda reminds me of River Pheonix Shooting SpeedBalls in his
Neck but vocalizeing the -Evils of Red Meat- and -Wearing Fur-.

Merry Christmas Everybody means 'Im giving you some Love,
not If you don't believe in jesus,disregard my pleasantry.

Have a nice Day, will be next.It will be changed to "If you Feel so Inclined and my words are not inapropriate if you wish, i'm not trying
to warp your mind or dominate you with my view of how your life
should be and i hope these words don't change your DNA and all
of your children are born ugly and once again i apologise if its
ok with you and your ok with it I hope your Day today not tommarow
not every day just today is o good day for you"

Put that on a bumper-sticker.lol

LoungeMachine
12-12-2005, 09:30 AM

Ahem...

Does it not say " the love of money, is the root of all evil" ?

There's a difference, me thinks. :cool:

LoungeMachine
12-12-2005, 09:31 AM
oh,

and Happy Festivus to all.....

Pink Spider
12-12-2005, 10:42 AM
The more I think about it a "war on Christmas" is laughable.

The secularists already defeated you* with our secret weapons, Mr. Claus, Frosty and Rudolph years ago. Well, General Frosty is dead from that whole melting accident, but casualties are expected in The War On Christmas#.

*Special thanks to corporate America. We couldn't have done it without you.

#Awaiting approval from secular/illuminati hq to be renamed giftmas.

;)

P.S. Happy giftmas!

Jesus Christ
12-13-2005, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Ahem...

Does it not say " the love of money, is the root of all evil" ?

There's a difference, me thinks. :cool:

True, My son.

But did I not also say that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?

Cathedral
12-13-2005, 03:32 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!

Jesus Christ
12-13-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!

And a Merry Me-mas to ye as well! :)

Pastor Bruce S.
12-13-2005, 04:47 AM
True, My son.

But did I not also say that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?
Hey Buddy! First, what you are doing is pure blasphemy. Anyway, to get to your point about the verse, "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? That does not mean a man cannot generate material wealth. What it does mean is that if you love your possessions more than the Lord, it will be harder to gain entry into the kingdom of heaven. The Bible never says anything against amassing wealth.

ELVIS
12-13-2005, 06:29 AM
That's right!

And FUCK FORD's blasphemous liberal biased Jesus impersonation!

He's on his way to hell for sure with that bullshit...

Warham
12-13-2005, 06:51 AM
FORD thinks it's funny now, but just wait.

ELVIS
12-13-2005, 06:58 AM
It's not even funny...

Nickdfresh
12-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Pastor Bruce S.
Hey Buddy! First, what you are doing is pure blasphemy. Anyway, to get to your point about the verse, "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? That does not mean a man cannot generate material wealth. What it does mean is that if you love your possessions more than the Lord, it will be harder to gain entry into the kingdom of heaven. The Bible never says anything against amassing wealth.

Ahhhh....the semantics of hypocrisy.:)

Nickdfresh
12-15-2005, 04:20 PM
A new version of "Twas the Night Before Christmas."

'Twas the night before Christmas
And all through the town
Not a sign of Baby Jesus
Was anywhere to be found.

The people were all busy
With Christmas time chores
Like decorating, and baking,
And shopping in stores.

No one sang "Away in a manger,
No crib for a bed".
Instead, they sang of Santa
Dressed-up in bright red.

Mama watched Martha Stewart,
Papa drank beer from a tap.
As hour upon hour
The presents they'd wrap

When what from the T.V.
Did they suddenly hear?
'Cept an ad.. Which told
Of a big sale at Sears.

So away to the mall
They all flew like a flash...
Buying things on credit...
And others with cash!

And, as they made their way home
From their trip to the mall,
Did they think about Jesus?
Oh, no... Not at all.

Their lives were so busy
With their Christmas time things
No time to remember
Christ Jesus, the King.

There were presents to wrap
And cookies to bake.
How could they stop and remember
Who died for their sake?

To pray to the Savior...
They had no time to stop.
Because they needed more time
To "Shop til they dropped!"

On Wal-mart! On K-mart!
On Target! On Penney's!
On Hallmark! On Zales!
A quick lunch at Denny's

From the big stores downtown
To the stores at the mall
They would dash away, dash away,
And visit them all!

And up on the roof,
There arose such a clatter
As grandpa hung icicle lights
Up on his brand new step ladder.

He hung lights that would flash.
He hung lights that would twirl.
Yet, he never once prayed to Jesus...
Light of the World.

Christ's eyes... How they twinkle!
Christ's Spirit... How merry!
Christ's love... How enormous!
All our burdens... He'll carry!

So instead of being busy,
Overworked, and uptight
Let's put Christ back in
Christmas and enjoy
Some good nights!

Merry Christmas, my friends!

DLR'sCock
12-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Pastor Bruce S.

What you are missing is that you do not get closer to God until you actually really and truly love God, and work on trying to get closer to God and to know God and love God.

Amassing weaalth is not the goal, and if you are too busy amassing wealth then you are not trying to get to know God or love God.

This place we are in is a school to learn.

Wayne L.
12-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Why don't far left liberal wackos & ACLU types just back off with their war on Christmas because it destroys their cause & brings the majority of the American people to stand up & FIGHT for this important holiday.

FORD
12-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Oh come all ye Grateful
Deadheads to the concert
Oh come Grateful Deadheads
And camp in the street
Bring rolling papers
Don't forget your sleeping bags
Oh come get us some floor seats
We followed them for four weeks
Oh come get us some floor seats
To see the Lord

Come all ye hippies
Throwbacks to the '60's
Paint flowers on your van
And don't wash your feet
Wear your bell-bottoms
And your tie-dyed t-shirts
Oh come let us adore them
We quit our day jobs for them
Oh come let us adore them
Garcia's the Lord

FORD
12-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh little town of Bremerton
How still downtown lies
Cuz all the shops are in the mall
And now the cars go by
Yet in the narrows shineth
Our military might
The squids drink beers
Like buccaneers and
Look for Mrs. Right

Oh little town of Bremerton
You build your ships with pride
And when that twenty more set sail
The people often cried

Yet in thy White Pig tavern
You’ll always find good cheer
Cuz grandma knows that girls
With barfly looks
Will never disappear

Cathedral
12-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Wayne, there is no war on Christmas, at least nothing new that hasn't been festering for more than 2000 years.

It's just being politicized right now because people are insecure with their faith. What the people i call "phony christians" want is unconstitutional, but then so is "Christmas" being a National Holiday while other faiths don't have that representation at all on a federal Level.
As far as God goes, we are entitled to one day off per week to observe the Sabbath Day. there were no provisions made in scripture to celebrate a birthday on Dec. 25th every year.

People, Love for God and Jesus is in the heart, not the calendar, not the crowded malls, not in expensive gifts, and not in the public square.
"As for me and MY house, we shall serve the Lord"...that's my HOUSE, not my SOCIETY.
You have to live IN society but you don't have to be OF it.

The Holiday as we know it is just another man made tradition based on the example set by the visitors of baby Jesus...it has since been severely polluted by greed and if you think about it, cultivates a lie that a persona named Santa delivers mass spoils to children all over the world in one night....is it not a lie we tell our children?
Does Santa really exist?

It's is my belief that things that are truly of God aren't a mess, lol.
If it's pure, it cannot be polluted by the hand of man without man being allowed to pollute it by God.

Christmas is centered around fictional characters, completely submerged in a tradition started by people, not scripture.
And as i have said before, the word "tradition" means "nothing uselfull" in hebrew.

It's not the Holiday that makes it mean something, it's the people celebrating it that does. in that case, any day can be Christmas if you think about it.
Besides, if you only ackonowledge Jesus one day a year you have bigger problems on the horizon than whether or not a cashier wishes you a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.

Merry Christmas, Wayne!

Wayne L.
12-16-2005, 12:39 PM
I think the one who is insecure in their faith & in their life is YOU Cathedral & the war on Christmas is real & by crazy people.

Cathedral
12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Yep, i'm very insecure, you got me there, read much?
Wayne, everyone registered here and with a post count above 1000 is insecure in a few if not many facets of their lives...especially you, son.

It's the people that try to act like they're normal that are the crazy people.
So Wayne, why you tryin' to act normal?

What is it about feet that turns you on?
Why the preference for long legs?
What do you want for Christmas?

BigBadBrian
12-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

set by the visitors of baby Jesus

You're no longer allowed to use that term.....you must use "holiday infant."

Nickdfresh
12-16-2005, 01:57 PM

Dude, seriously. You make about as much sense as WAYNE L.

Where you given a ticket by the Anti-JESUS police?

knuckleboner
12-16-2005, 01:57 PM

i hate to be a stick in the mud, but as a non-infant, myself, i'm just a little offended by that. i'd prefer if you simply said, "holiday human..."

Pink Spider
12-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
i hate to be a stick in the mud, but as a non-infant, myself, i'm just a little offended by that. i'd prefer if you simply said, "holiday human..."

That's specism!

The correct term is "holiday being".

Pink Spider
12-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
I think the one who is insecure in their faith & in their life is YOU Cathedral & the war on Christmas is real & by crazy people.

Who are the crazy people, Wayne? Anti-podiatrists?