• Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Bass Player Speaks..........sort of

Hot for . . . BBQ sauce?
    December 9, 2005

Take heart, Van Halen fans. Sure, the band hasn't made an album in eons. But at least the time off is giving bassist Michael Anthony time to work in his sauce laboratory. Today, Anthony -- the stocky dude who usually has a beard -- appears at the Hard Rock Cafe on Clarendon Street to promote his latest, Mad Anthony's BBQ Sauce. Between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., fans can stop by to meet Anthony and get BBQ sauce or have their bottles, ticket stubs, and VH albums autographed. (Hot sauce won't be sold at the Hard Rock; go to Anthony's website for it.) We spoke with him by phone.

Q. Why did you start this sauce thing?

A. I like hot sauce, and some years back people starting sending me some. I decided to try my own. Unfortunately, it was a time that Joe Perry came out with his hot sauce. But I still wanted to do it.

Q. Did you actually create one?

A. Yes. You'd be surprised just doing a little thing, putting in more pepper, can change the whole sauce. And then you get it to how you like it. We have to let it sit out, and sit in a refrigerator.

Q. Why does it have to sit?

A. You don't want to buy a good-looking hot sauce and a week and a half later there are little hairs growing on it.

Q. How about another thing you create. Bass lines. What's your favorite?

A. I could go easily with ''Running With the Devil." But that's an easy bass line. ''Girl Gone Bad" when Roth was in the band. Back then a lot of stuff wasn't planned out and Ed would take a solo and we'd just jam.

Q. So who is a bigger sauce guy, David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?

A. Sammy is, but he can't eat a lot because he gets that reflux thing.

Q. Acid reflux?

A. Yeah. The night before a show he definitely can't eat it.

Q. Has he tried Nexium? They say that works.

A. I really have no idea.

Q. Can I say the words ''Gary Cherone"?

A. Sure. In fact I'm going to see him when we're in town. I have no problem with Gary. Him and I got along great.

Q. So this meeting. Is it the first step to bringing him back to Van Halen?

A. No. I might likely guest on something he might do.

Q. Are you joining Extreme?

A. No, they went to Japan and did a bunch of shows a couple of years ago, and Gary actually asked me about doing that. But I had some other stuff I was doing.

Q. And you're in Van Halen!

A. That's why I didn't do it.

Q. Tell me the truth. That Joe Perry stuff. Doesn't his stink?

A. I've got a bottle of his sauce in my refrigerator right now.

Q. That's scandalous.

A. Everybody's trying to pit him against me, but there's room for everybody out there.

Q. Very polite. You should be Van Halen's official spokesman. Here's a crazy question. I heard Eddie Van Halen no longer has a tongue.

A. He had a cancerous growth. He had a couple of operations on it. They just cut out a small part.

Q. So he has a tongue?

A. He talks kind of like Quasimodo. [Laughs.] I'm just kidding.

Q. I think Van Halen's going to need a new bassist.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

I knew It, Sammy always likes to down anybodys sauce (IF you catch my drift.)
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
      Veteran
      • Apr 2004

Haaa lol!

Originally posted by Unchainme
      I knew It, Sammy always likes to down anybodys sauce (IF you catch my drift.)
      http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
      Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
      Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• Wayne L.

Michael ISN'T going to be back in VH anytime soon while the band itself is history & him having Joe Perry's BBQ sause is cool.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Re: Bass Player Speaks..........sort of

Well, lemme see bout this...

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
          Hot for . . . BBQ sauce?
          December 9, 2005

Take heart, Van Halen fans. Sure, the band hasn't made an album in eons. But at least the time off is giving bassist Michael Anthony time to work in his sauce laboratory. Today, Anthony -- the stocky dude who usually has a beard -- appears at the Hard Rock Cafe on Clarendon Street to promote his latest, Mad Anthony's BBQ Sauce. Between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., fans can stop by to meet Anthony and get BBQ sauce or have their bottles, ticket stubs, and VH albums autographed. (Hot sauce won't be sold at the Hard Rock; go to Anthony's website for it.) We spoke with him by phone.

Swell.

Q. Why did you start this sauce thing?

A. I like hot sauce, and some years back people starting sending me some. I decided to try my own. Unfortunately, it was a time that Joe Perry came out with his hot sauce. But I still wanted to do it.

Well, considering you haven't really had a steady gig since 1995, I suppose you'd want to do something...

Q. Did you actually create one?

A. Yes. You'd be surprised just doing a little thing, putting in more pepper, can change the whole sauce. And then you get it to how you like it. We have to let it sit out, and sit in a refrigerator.

How insightful.

Q. Why does it have to sit?

A. You don't want to buy a good-looking hot sauce and a week and a half later there are little hairs growing on it.

You could add that to your head, dipshit.

Q. How about another thing you create. Bass lines. What's your favorite?

A. I could go easily with ''Running With the Devil."

'Easily' being the operative word here.

But that's an easy bass line. ''Girl Gone Bad" when Roth was in the band. Back then a lot of stuff wasn't planned out and Ed would take a solo and we'd just jam.

You actually REMEMBER being a real musician? Michael Anthony proudly endorses Ginko Biloba, folks!

Q. Acid reflux?

A. Yeah. The night before a show he definitely can't eat it. But HE CAN INDEED SUCK IT!

Sammy Hagar IS acid reflux.

Q. Has he tried Nexium? They say that works.

A. I really have no idea. He has been a trying penis enlargement though...but it's slow going, nothing seems to be working for him that well.

Before that, I'd suggest some kind of male hormones.

Q. Can I say the words ''Gary Cherone"?

A. Sure. In fact I'm going to see him when we're in town. I have no problem with Gary. Him and I got along great. Not as great as anal as Sam is, but still.

That's because you were paid to, yes-man.

Q. So this meeting. Is it the first step to bringing him back to Van Halen?

A. No. I might likely guest on something he might do. God knows I need the work.

Lumbergh knows something about an upcoming Zebra tribute. Go do that instead, studio musician.

Q. Are you joining Extreme?

A. No, they went to Japan and did a bunch of shows a couple of years ago, and Gary actually asked me about doing that. But I had some other stuff I was doing. Rimming Sam's asshole dry comes to mind.

What a fag!

Q. And you're in Van Halen!

A. That's why I didn't do it. I make a lot of money by smiling and keeping my mouth shut.

In retrospect, I guess you probably should have joined Extreme. Would have been a wise career move. But you know that now, don't ya bassplayer? Hindsights a bitch.

Q. Tell me the truth. That Joe Perry stuff. Doesn't his stink?

A. I've got a bottle of his sauce up Sam's ass right now.

Ahh, truth at last!

Q. That's scandalous.

A. Everybody's trying to pit him against me, but there's room for everybody in our hot tub. Gary, too, if he'd like. Besides, I'm trying to emulate the character of "Jack" from "Will and Grace".

What a fag!!!

Q. Very polite. You should be Van Halen's official spokesman.

A. Yes! I have my speeches prepared. "No news is good news - thanks for your support!" Sound good?

Q. Here's a crazy question. I heard Eddie Van Halen no longer has a tongue. Or a soul. Or sobriety.

A. He had a cancerous growth. He had a couple of operations on it. They just cut out a small part. As far as a soul and sobriety are concerned, he misplaced those back in 1985. I found them after the Best of Vol. 1 thing, but he was busy looking for a tuba at that point.

A shocking revelation!

Q. So he has a tongue?

A. He talks kind of like Quasimodo. [Laughs.] I'm just kidding. About the talking thing. As far as a soul and sobriety, you're 100% right. The guys a lush - and a dick. No wonder his kid is fat and that bitch divorced him. I heard Bueno Bob's fucking her now, though, so all's well in the end.

Amazing! Mike's REALLY cutting loose with this interview!

Q. I think Van Halen's going to need a new bassist.

A. Nah. Eddie's played all of my shit on record since 5150 anyway, so why bother firing me? Besides, I can say "Yes" in 13 languages now.

Good ole Mike.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

"A. He talks kind of like Quasimodo. [Laughs.] I'm just kidding."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

He MEANT to say he LOOKS like Quasimodo!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

The bells!
              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I wonder if MIKE's semen causes SAM to have acid reflux too?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  I wonder if MIKE's semen causes SAM to have acid reflux too?
                  Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

I didn't hear any interveiws but I was told that Mike was blaming Dave and his big ego for the inability to have a classic VH reunion.

Funny how when Dave stands up for himself and insists on getting his share its described as having too big of an ego.

Whats wrong with having a ego anyway? :confused:

Name one successful person who doesn't have an ego...

Mikey is nothing but an ass nibbler, IMO.
                    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

lol @ bob !!!
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                        I didn't hear any interveiws but I was told that Mike was blaming Dave and his big ego for the inability to have a classic VH reunion.

Funny how when Dave stands up for himself and insists on getting his share its described as having too big of an ego.

Whats wrong with having a ego anyway? :confused:

Name one successful person who doesn't have an ego...

Mikey is nothing but an ass nibbler, IMO.
                        Yeah, no kidding.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bantonelli
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Nov 2004

As far as what Mullet has to say about anything....it's not interesting. The only interesting thing about his interview was his reveal about the SPAM having acid reflux....drink some more Wabo, Spam!
                          "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

Working...