PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything bad about beer??

kentuckyklira
12-11-2005, 03:07 PM
O f course, I´m not talking about cheapo no name brews. But all the rest, is there anything bad about it???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Caged
12-11-2005, 05:40 PM
the addiction and no doubt abuse that comes with every bottle.

Just kidding. :D Actually tried my first Alexander Keiths on tap the other night at my wifes christmas party and it was fucking smooth. Even well past the 6th or 7th it was still very tasty. ;)

NATEDOG001976
12-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Only the next day if you had too much! But other than that beer rocks!

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
O f course, I´m not talking about cheapo no name brews. But all the rest, is there anything bad about it???

Eyes of the Night
12-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Beer does nothing to you until you drink more than a six pack ... that's when it starts damaging the liver ...

RuzDNailz
12-12-2005, 01:43 AM
Problem with beer is the fact that you are essentially drinking a loaf of bread! The carbs, bro. Now you know what causes the infamous beer-gut! :D

thome
12-12-2005, 08:35 AM
I have always preferred my Water purified with the pasturization
process and Laced with Alcohol in order to preserve it, strictly
for sanitary reasons.

Call me a looney for lineing my baseball cap with tin foil.

Alcoholism more Adventure in Every bottle!

FORD
12-12-2005, 09:31 AM
I think everybody knows where I stand on beer :cool: :gulp:

LoungeMachine
12-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Is there anything bad about beer?

Yes.

My favorite watering hole doesn't deliver........

NATEDOG001976
12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Tonight's Monday Night Football game is enough to make anyboby drink!

Nickdfresh
12-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Is there anything bad about beer??

Only when you run out.

Axl S
12-12-2005, 08:47 PM
omg! you must be kidding! of course there is something bad about beer!!!!!!!! it kills your brain! and your liver!! even with the first few sips it can cause you to lose brain cells! it's horrible! i mean, a beer once and a while is fine. But to go out every friday night and get drunk and come home and sleep in the next day...that's bad...no shit....

i stopped my boyfriend (axl) from drinking, yea call it mean, but he was a HORRIBLE drinker! couldn't stop! it was baaaad tho. and i know i'm going to spend the rest of my life with him and i couldn't help but think that if he continued that way he would end up living in a hospital connected to a machine, just to be able to live.

beer. is. bad.

my advice,

if your 21+ yea u can drink, just dont abuse the privelage. every now and then yea sure...but don't get addicted, don't make it a habit.

but thats only in my opinion of how i look at things....

i'm just a paranoid girlfriend -- fiancee

~*Ari*~:rockit:

email or pm me if you want to see pictures of damage or what not ;) :p

RuzDNailz
12-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Is there anything bad about beer?

Yes.

My favorite watering hole doesn't deliver........

Maybe you can start up a watering hole that delivers. Drunk people tend to tip well so there's plenty of money in that! Come to think of it, there are booze delivery providers out there. Back in high school days some carried 40's into the bathroom and guzzzled them there and come to class hammered.

LoungeMachine
12-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Ya know....

Alcohol Delivery Services only make SENSE

Who needs another shit faced asshole [Vince Neil] making a 3 ay em beer run and killing [ Razzle] innocent people.....

I say DELIVER THAT SHIT.

And throw in a gross of condoms while yer at it.

keep the change.

Dan
12-13-2005, 01:42 AM
Noooooo.

See you in The Roth Army Bar.

Cheers.:)

NATEDOG001976
12-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Noooooo.

See you in The Roth Army Bar.

Cheers.:)

Nice, first round is on me!

julia
12-31-2005, 08:54 PM
theres nothing bad about beer except for the taste

NATEDOG001976
01-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by julia
theres nothing bad about beer except for the taste

Dude, come on! Stop the Madness!

Perrott
01-05-2006, 08:30 AM
No.

UGS
01-05-2006, 12:13 PM
The only bad thing is when you have to drink out of a can and it tastes like the can.

UGS
01-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Caged
the addiction and no doubt abuse that comes with every bottle.

Just kidding. :D Actually tried my first Alexander Keiths on tap the other night at my wifes christmas party and it was fucking smooth. Even well past the 6th or 7th it was still very tasty. ;)

Keith's is the greatest, especially for drinking a lot of them. Some beers, like Rickards, tastes great at first, but shitty after three or four. Keiths is great for the entire two-four.

WACF
01-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Keith's is a good beer...a buddy from Nova Scotia got me onto it.

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira

Yes... the taste!!! :(

I know this is abnormal and hard to comprehend but;

I absolutely hate the taste of beer...
Everytime I try to take a sip, I make faces and want to spit it out!

I would have to be very desperate and dehydrated (in a desert) to drink a whole beer...

I prefer wine and alchoolic beverages with umbrellas in them... :p

Jérôme Frenchise
01-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Let's be fair: beer does great good. Among others, it makes tits grow bigger.
http://www.galeon.com/tedacuen/img/beer-tits.jpg

She should set to better stuff though, instead of Heineken pis(s)...

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Haaaa... those French guys are so picky for their beer...L.O.L.

Have you tasted Charlebois's beers from his microbrewry "Unibroue"???

La Maudite,
La Fin du Monde,
L'Eau Benite,
La Blanche de Chambly,
La 3 Pistoles,

and more...

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Let's be fair: beer does great good. Among others, it makes tits grow bigger. ...

Damn!
I will get a straw, hold my breath and drink a whole 12 pack a day then! :D

Jérôme Frenchise
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Haaaa... those French guys are so picky for their beer...L.O.L.

Have you tasted Charlebois's beers from his microbrewry "Unibroue"???

La Maudite,
La Fin du Monde,
L'Eau Benite,
La Blanche de Chambly,
La 3 Pistoles,

and more...

:) Hi BG!

I haven't tasted any of the 5 yet (I think he brews about twenty, so maybe a couple of the others...).
I'd like to have a taste at them (Robert is my fave Canadian artist - saw him on stage in July 2004, had a cool chat with him backstage). Knowing Charlebois, they can't be cat's pee... :cool:

The names you mentioned remind me of some Belgian elixirs, like La Bière du Démon, Delirium Tremens (:D), La Carmélite, La Blanche de Namur"rr" (the best white beer IMO) or La Trois-Monts, which isn't Belgian, but Northern French (like me originally).

I'll try to find Robert Charlebois's beers, I just hope they are rather well distributed in Europe.

Cheers! :)

Jérôme Frenchise
01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Damn!
I will get a straw, hold my breath and drink a whole 12 pack a day then! :D

:D

Well, if you really need it, then I'll suggest you products from my home "country":

http://www.dezwaan.sk/listok0302/napoje/leffe_blonde.jpg
or
http://www.oeldatabasen.dk/pics/thumbs/thumb_326.jpg
Cheers! :bottle:

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 05:17 PM
:) ...I'll try to find Robert Charlebois's beers, I just hope they are rather well distributed in Europe.

Cheers! :)

Unfortunately, Charlebois sold "Unibroue" to a big cie. called "Sleeman's" or something...

Every beer drinker here was furious because they are afraid the recipes will change.

Did you know that those beers are of 8% alchool.. up to 12% and more...???
By law, they write a lesser percentage (to sell in the U-S) but in reallity, those beers (apparently)
can really knock you out!

:gulp:

Jérôme Frenchise
01-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately, Charlebois sold "Unibroue" to a big cie. called "Sleeman's" or something...

Every beer drinker here was furious because they are afraid the recipes will change.

I sympathize... I would just as furious! Tabernac' de bleu de bleu! :mad:

Did you know that those beers are of 8% alchool.. up to 12% and more...???
By law, they write a lesser percentage (to sell in the U-S) but in reallity, those beers (apparently)
can really knock you out!

:gulp: [/B]

It seems that you know how to brew beer in Canada, in Quebec, at least.
There is a large proportion of strong beers in the Belgian production (more than 1,000 makes, only counting those that are on the market). Here is one I used to serve back when I was a student and worked as a barman just under the secretary of my section (:D). That beer contained 12% alcohol back then. Now it's only 10.5... Have you noticed how so many things change for worse these days? :( ;)

Cheers!
http://www.corman-collins.be/biere/dubuisson/bush1.jpg

Yes, the name is no good... :D Even at that time (1988-92)... But this beer is great - pronounce "buche". :cool:

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 06:08 PM

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
[B]... It seems that you know how to brew beer in Canada, in Quebec, at least

The only good brewries in America are in Quebec!
We live up to our ancesters Gaulois...

Canadians and Americans drink Molson, Bud, Coors, Miller etc... and that, (according to the guys) is just piss.

I guess we like to get drunk with taste!

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 06:14 PM
:confused:

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Canadians and Americans drink Molson, Bud, Coors, Miller etc... and that, (according to the guys) is just piss.

Ho no...
I think I went too far! :eek:

Insulting those beers is the worst mistake I might have made...:(

Jérôme Frenchise
01-05-2006, 06:20 PM
The only good brewries in America are in Quebec!
We live up to our ancesters Gaulois...!

:D They say "Gauls", if I remember well.

BTW, I've noticed that, particularly in Charlebois's songs, many Canadian French expressions and pronounciations are incredibly close to those you hear in the North of France. I once read that it is not so amazing, because "many" folks from the North sailed to Canada through centuries... Hey, maybe we are even more cousins than we thought! :D

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 06:28 PM
:D They say "Gauls", if I remember well.

BTW, I've noticed that, particularly in Charlebois's songs, many Canadian French expressions and pronounciations are incredibly close to those you hear in the North of France. I once read that it is not so amazing, because "many" folks from the North sailed to Canada through centuries... Hey, maybe we are even more cousins than we thought! :D

I know my father's ancestors came from St-Malo
The founders of this country came mostly from there and elswhere in Normandie...

Our dialect (or slang) ressambles a lot old French (Medieval) and Charlebois is sure one to embrace that in his songs.

sonrisa salvaje
01-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Hello. Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me...or just shake your double chin. Wha? oh, nothing bad about beer, no sir.