PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Love Sells Nirvana to Martha Stewart

PHOENIX
12-13-2005, 01:15 PM
SONG SALE £70M FOR COURTNEY
ROCK widow Courtney Love will net £70million by selling her late husband Kurt Cobain's songs.

The actress and rock singer is selling a quarter of the Nirvana frontman's back catalogue to disgraced US lifestyle guru Martha Stewart.

Released from jail this year after five months for insider trading, Stewart wants the songs as an investment.

A friend said: "It's an astonishing deal. It sorts out Courtney financially."

Cobain and Courtney, 41, wed in 1992. They had a daughter Frances Bean, now 11, before he killed himself with a gun in April 1994, aged 27.

Cobain rose to fame with songs like Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come As You Are. The album Nevermind sold over 10 million

Mr Badguy
12-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Whoa!

Now we`ll all be able to hear former anti-pop songs used to sell ice cream and tampons.

What a sell out.

He`ll be turning in his grave.

You would think that his legacy was safe with his wife and she goes and cashes in to the tune of a paltry $70 million.

I`m sure Dave Grohl could have raised that amount so why not sell to him?

Disgusting.

doctor roth
12-13-2005, 04:47 PM
I wish i was surprised. But she is a whore and thats what whores do. Sorry Kurt but ya should have written a different will.

NATEDOG001976
12-13-2005, 05:04 PM
This is a discrace!

BITEYOASS
12-13-2005, 05:38 PM
That $70 million is gonna go straight to her veins! And that's a fuckin fact!!!!

Mr. Vengeance
12-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Didn't I say in a Nirvana thread a month or so back that this waste of life would sell off his tunes as soon as she needed another dose of smack?

What a fucking cunt....

Mr. Vengeance
12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Whoa!

Now we`ll all be able to hear former anti-pop songs used to sell ice cream and tampons.

I'd hope they wouldn't chose Smells Like Teen Spirit for those tampon ads...

krcampbell
12-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Martha Stewart overspent big time. You could have given Courtney Love fifty cents and she would have taken the deal. Of course, the Nirvana library is worth only fifty cents to begin with.

Unchainme
12-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by krcampbell
Martha Stewart overspent big time. You could have given Courtney Love fifty cents and she would have taken the deal. Of course, the Nirvana library is worth only fifty cents to begin with.

:rolleye: Gee that was really intelligently thought out. Nevermind is only one of the Gratest albums of the 90's and of all time, That record alone is probably worth 25-50 mil.

FORD
12-13-2005, 06:14 PM

Blow me you fucking sheep.

Diamondjimi
12-13-2005, 06:56 PM
This walking cunt is nothing more than garbage wrapped in skin.
Once trailer trash,always trailer trash. Fuckin junkie leech !
Cobain is spinning in his grave.......

A real class act !

krcampbell
12-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Blow me you fucking sheep.

Wow, Ford! Genius! At least Unchainme had something to say. Though to be fair, this may be the smartest thing you've ever put together in your 14,000 posts. Sad, I know.

FORD
12-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Why is it that you Hagar blowing faggots from Chicago get so goddamned obsessed with your irrational hatred that everytime you open your mouth, you reveal your neanderthal stupidity for exactly what it is.

Nirvana forced your beloved Poison & Slaughter records off the radio. Fucking WAAAAAAH, crybaby, get the fuck over it already.

100 years from now, Nirvana and Kurt Cobain will be remembered for the music they made. Nobody's going to be worried what some fucking sheep thought of them.

Puts it in a little perspective, doesn't it?

Matt White
12-14-2005, 01:29 AM
NIRVANA.....

Yup...killed Poodle-haired bands and sent Mullet farmers chasing after van hagar......

COBAIN made his mark........

GRATE band

Mr. Vengeance
12-14-2005, 10:51 AM
We've had this argument before about Nirvana supposedly killing "hair Metal", and maybe they did. But frankly what did it accomplish? Look at the dreck on the radio today.....American Idol crap on TV...Yeah, Nirvana really changed music......All they did was make a couple of great albums and then faded away like so many other bands. And there's barely a sign of the scene they helped create.

Big fucking deal about Nirvana. Good band. Remembered in 100 years???? Kids barely remember them now. They remember one song.

krcampbell
12-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Why is it that you Hagar blowing faggots from Chicago get so goddamned obsessed with your irrational hatred that everytime you open your mouth, you reveal your neanderthal stupidity for exactly what it is.

Nirvana forced your beloved Poison & Slaughter records off the radio. Fucking WAAAAAAH, crybaby, get the fuck over it already.

100 years from now, Nirvana and Kurt Cobain will be remembered for the music they made. Nobody's going to be worried what some fucking sheep thought of them.

I don't hate Nirvana because they "killed" hair music. I hate them because they make shitty music. That woe is me, life sucks bullshit barely qualifies as music. Kurt Cobain was an overrated musician and human being. Anyone who regarded or still regards him as an idol should die.

I could give a shit what anyone thinks 100 years from now. I barely care about what anyone thinks right now. The only opinion that matters to me is my opinion. People just need to realize that Nirvana wasn't this great band. "Rape Me", wow. So profound. That took all of 20 seconds. The only thing that would have pleased me more about Cobain's death is if I could have done it myself.

Matt White
12-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Mmmmm.....no

NIRVANA begat ALICE IN CHAINS & PEARL JAM & SOUNDGARDEN & so on and so forth.......

They put an end to GREATWHITELIONSNAKE & TRIXTER & FIREHOSE & BRITTANY FOX & etc etc etc.......

No good music today?!? SHADOWS FALL, COHEED, MASTODON, ARCH ENEMY, NEVERMORE, DEREK TRUCKS, ROBERT RANDOLPH........

Youz need to start checking the kiddies out.......

Mr. Vengeance
12-14-2005, 12:24 PM
SHADOWS FALL, COHEED, MASTODON, ARCH ENEMY, NEVERMORE, DEREK TRUCKS, ROBERT RANDOLPH........

Not one of those band are any good. Mastodon is AWFUL.

Nirvana people need to get over the band. They are now considered these pioneers because the selfish prick singer killed himself. Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam were contemporaries of Nirvana, not because of Nirvana.

Bottom line- Nirvana created the hype over the Seatlle grunge scene, but that scene disappeared almost as quickly as the original punk scene. It didn't change music! Music is all fluff and bullshit pop idols now. What exactly did fucking Nirvana do for music??? People want to compare them to the Beatles- the freaking Beatles still sell albums in the millions a year, and continue to influence music today. Nirvana is barely a blip on the radar anymore. They are fogotten by everyone but those who want to prop up Cobain as some sort of freaking legend.

They are a footnote in rock. They are unknown to the new generation of fans. They are known more for Courtney's fucking antics than anything else now. The average 14 year old knows more Beatles & Stones songs than Nirvana songs, and they always will.

Matt White
12-14-2005, 12:32 PM
HAHAH!!!

I'll GAR-UN-TEE you more 14 year olds across the WORLD know who KURT COBAIN was than know who the US President is......let alone the Beatles......

Again...your mistaken.....The MUSIC is what changed....

The COBAIN QUIET to LOUD....the lyrical content...remember that COBAIN often sung about things OTHER than depression...stuff like RAPE...INCEST....ALIENATION......not pretty but it wasn't UNSKINNYBOP

"SEATTLE SCENE" quickly disappeared?!? What 4-5 years? How long does any scene last?

CREED, GODSMACK, STAIND....all sound like ALICE IN CHAINS clones to me..........

It's one thing to say you don't like a band...but to try to say they had little to no impact is downright disingenuous

Matt White
12-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
SHADOWS FALL, COHEED, MASTODON, ARCH ENEMY, NEVERMORE, DEREK TRUCKS, ROBERT RANDOLPH........

Not one of those band are any good. Mastodon is AWFUL.

Uhhhhh...okay...I'll just have to assume that you have no musical taste is you're trying to tell me that both DEREK TRUCKS and ROBERT RANDOLPH aren't any good........

Go ahead...keep spinning the WARRANT & TRIXTER & FIREHOUSE & NELSON recordings...........

LIke HENDRIX said on either IN THE WEST or WAR HEROS....

"Watch out for the man in the Bee-Bop hat...he's livin' in the past."

Mr Badguy
12-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Most of these dudes who think Nirvana are nothing are the ones who are now wanking over The Darkness.

Go figure.

krcampbell
12-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Uhhhhh...okay...I'll just have to assume that you have no musical taste is you're trying to tell me that both DEREK TRUCKS and ROBERT RANDOLPH aren't any good........

I don't know anything about Derek Trucks, but Matt is right on Robert Randolph. Randolph and the Family Band are fucking IN-credible. Amazing music with an amazing live show. I've seen them twice and would gladly see them again. You've gotta be doing something right when you open up for Eric Clapton.

Jérôme Frenchise
12-14-2005, 01:25 PM
I've never been a fan of Nirvana. They appeared when I was at University and, honestly, In Utero and Smells like Teen Spirit used to piss me off, both as a music fan and a barman (the job I did at University to earn a little "dough"), and it still does today, although I kind of like that music in a way. It was the 1988-92 years, I insisted on playing CVH, DLR (ALAE was the most played album in 91-92 because of me - nobody moaned...), the Who, the Stones, the Doors (I played them BEFORE O. Stone's stinking movie), Creedence, SRV, Aerosmith, the Black Crowes, etc.
There always were students asking for Nirvana or the Pixies. I have to say that these bands are among the few that can be saved from the 1990s, but they aren't extraordinary IMO. Maybe they were, as compared to the literal vacuum of the time, but in retrospect, after the same criteria as those we judge Creedence, Aerosmith or CVH, really?...

Anyway. Poor Kurt. I may not enjoy his work, I am respectful of what he achieved, and it's sad to learn that that whore with no talent sold his music like a yoghurt factory... Hadn't he been there, would that bitch have ever been able to sell anything else than her fucking ass? :cool:

Mr. Vengeance
12-14-2005, 01:40 PM

Go ahead...keep spinning the WARRANT & TRIXTER & FIREHOUSE & NELSON recordings...........

LIke HENDRIX said on either IN THE WEST or WAR HEROS....

"Watch out for the man in the Bee-Bop hat...he's livin' in the past."

You don't know what I listen to, and you're dead wrong about Nirvana's impact today.

Bands like Creed and Staind are just downtuned boring metal.

Nirvana will be remembered for ONE SONG and a puke who killed himself because WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH he couldn't handle the fame of being Kurt Cobain..WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I have a 15 year old cousin and he has no clue about Nirvana. He knows ONE SONG, because it gets played daily on CLASSIC ROCK RADIO. That's right, along with the Beatles, Stones and the metal bands you seem to think were so awful like Ratt and Poison and yes my friend, CVH!!!! They have one song that will live on. NO ONE IS CLAMOURING TO HEAR HEART SHAPED BOX!!!!!

There's no doubt that Nirvana influenced and spawned a thousand bands. But, much like the Ramones visited England in 1977 and launched a thousand punk bands, those other bands mostly faded away. And those that didn't, like the Clash, found their own niche.

Nirvana was influential, no doubt, but they haven't changed music at all. The music scene STINKS right now. it's all pre-fab pop and garbage r&b/rap. Of new bands that actually play good rock music today, they owe a lot more to the Beatles and Stones than they do to Nirvana. I suppose that you could argue that the Beatles and Stones and everyone else didn't stop the current pop idol craze, but those bands certainly shaped the world of rock and roll far more than Nirvana. Hell, the Ramones saved rock far more than Nirvana ever did, and they never had a hit record! The punk scene saved a music scene that was all disco and corporate country rock. Music wasn't in nearly as bad a state in 1990 and it was in 1977. Whether you like bands like Whitesnake or not, at least those guys played rock n roll!

DavidLeeNatra
12-14-2005, 01:54 PM
do I fucking care! no..."smells like teen spirit" would be a great song for a tampon ad...and as long as I don't hear "A lil' ain't enough" or "(here come one more) drop in the bucket" in a tampon ad, I don't give a shit...

Matt White
12-14-2005, 02:17 PM
You don't know what I listen to, and you're dead wrong about Nirvana's impact today.

Bands like Creed and Staind are just downtuned boring metal.

Nirvana will be remembered for ONE SONG and a puke who killed himself because WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH he couldn't handle the fame of being Kurt Cobain..WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I have a 15 year old cousin and he has no clue about Nirvana. He knows ONE SONG, because it gets played daily on CLASSIC ROCK RADIO. That's right, along with the Beatles, Stones and the metal bands you seem to think were so awful like Ratt and Poison and yes my friend, CVH!!!! They have one song that will live on. NO ONE IS CLAMOURING TO HEAR HEART SHAPED BOX!!!!!

There's no doubt that Nirvana influenced and spawned a thousand bands. But, much like the Ramones visited England in 1977 and launched a thousand punk bands, those other bands mostly faded away. And those that didn't, like the Clash, found their own niche.

Nirvana was influential, no doubt, but they haven't changed music at all. The music scene STINKS right now. it's all pre-fab pop and garbage r&b/rap. Of new bands that actually play good rock music today, they owe a lot more to the Beatles and Stones than they do to Nirvana. I suppose that you could argue that the Beatles and Stones and everyone else didn't stop the current pop idol craze, but those bands certainly shaped the world of rock and roll far more than Nirvana. Hell, the Ramones saved rock far more than Nirvana ever did, and they never had a hit record! The punk scene saved a music scene that was all disco and corporate country rock. Music wasn't in nearly as bad a state in 1990 and it was in 1977. Whether you like bands like Whitesnake or not, at least those guys played rock n roll!

well where to start....

"NIRVANA was influential, no doubt, but they haven't changed music at all." Ummmm...garage bands, New punk....no change? Yeah...A LOT OF CHANGE from 1990....NO HAIR BANDS

"NO ONE IS CLAMOURING TO HEAR HEART SHAPED BOX!!!!!"

REally? Maybe All Apologies, or About a Girl or Come as you are or Jesus Doesn't Want me for a Sunbeam or The Man Who sold the World or Polly or Negative Creep (Which, by the way, Velvet Revolver closed the first leg of their tour with...every night) or In Bloom or Lithium or Territorial Pissings or Drain you or.......yeah sure....one hit wonders....

"That's right, along with the Beatles, Stones and the metal bands you seem to think were so awful like Ratt and Poison and yes my friend, CVH!!!!"
......Uhhhhhh...are you comparing RATT & Poison to DAVID LEE ROTH & CLASSIC VAN HALEN??? The ONLY peers DAVE AND VAN HALEN have are LED ZEPPELIN....ALL ELSE IS SECOND BEST....

"I suppose that you could argue that the Beatles and Stones and everyone else didn't stop the current pop idol craze, but those bands certainly shaped the world of rock and roll far more than Nirvana."
You're kidding me?!?!:eek: YOu mean the first truly innovative band in music history & the LONGEST running rock band had a bigger impact than a band who put out 4-5 official recordings?!?! STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Like I said...it's one thing to not like 'em...other to completely disregard 'em.....

If you dig rockin' to "Way Cool Junior" & "Fallen Angel".....more power to 'ya pal....

And yeah...I have about 20 employees that are between 16-25.....they ALL know COBAIN & NIRVANA........

Mr. Vengeance
12-14-2005, 04:28 PM
You're wrong. No one cares about Nirvana anymore except for those who think Cobain was some kind of visionary.

I'd rather listen to a hair metal tune than most of Nirvana's catalogue.

How many people can name all those Nirvana songs you listed? Nirvana fans, that's who. The majority of music fans would maybe know the songs if the heard them, but hey- when's the last time you heard Polly and Negative Creep on the radio? Nirvana had two albums worth mentioning. Bleach and Nevermind. The rest of their catalogue sucks cock!

Maybe your employees all know Nirvana because you spend the whole day talking about them?

Get over it. They're done. In twenty years they'll be remembered for two things- Smells Like Teen Spirit and the whining pussbag who killed himself because, sniff sniff, he was unhappy.

Mr. Vengeance
12-14-2005, 04:31 PM
"That's right, along with the Beatles, Stones and the metal bands you seem to think were so awful like Ratt and Poison and yes my friend, CVH!!!!"
......Uhhhhhh...are you comparing RATT & Poison to DAVID LEE ROTH & CLASSIC VAN HALEN??? The ONLY peers DAVE AND VAN HALEN have are LED ZEPPELIN....ALL ELSE IS SECOND BEST....

By the way , you completely missed the point here- It was that Smells like Teen Spirit gets played alongside all those other bands, proving that maybe if Ratt gets played alongside it, Ratt's not so horrid. No one's comparing them to CVH.

BITEYOASS
12-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Mmmmm.....no

NIRVANA begat ALICE IN CHAINS & PEARL JAM & SOUNDGARDEN & so on and so forth.......

They put an end to GREATWHITELIONSNAKE & TRIXTER & FIREHOSE & BRITTANY FOX & etc etc etc.......

No good music today?!? SHADOWS FALL, COHEED, MASTODON, ARCH ENEMY, NEVERMORE, DEREK TRUCKS, ROBERT RANDOLPH........

Youz need to start checking the kiddies out.......

Damn right!!! This rock era would have gone on longer if Kurt never met Cockney Lust!

Matt White
12-14-2005, 10:05 PM
I'd rather listen to a hair metal tune than most of Nirvana's catalogue.

Well...that tells the tale right there Bub...keep rockin' out to GREATWHITELIONSNAKE....the rest of us have moved on down the road....we don't peg our jeans anymore either....just a pointer....

Maybe your employees all know Nirvana because you spend the whole day talking about them?[/B/

Ummm...no...NIRVANA ain't my fav 90's band...or the most influential...that would be ALICE IN CHAINS...but there's still no denying how NIRVANA KILLED HAIR METAL, AOR & Classic rock radio.........

[B]Get over it. They're done. In twenty years they'll be remembered for two things- Smells Like Teen Spirit and the whining pussbag who killed himself because, sniff sniff, he was unhappy.

So...they'll be remembered for 2 MORE things than any HAIR-METAL band......spandex & AQUA-NET ain't metal.......I'll take IN UTERO over the ENTIRE Bon Jovi catalog....and RATT....and FIREHOUSE & TRIXTER & PRETTY BOY FLOYD....and any other CHICK band from the 80's.......

4moreyears
12-14-2005, 10:05 PM

Leave Chicago out of this Dickhead. Just because you are not welcome in the greatest city on Earth, no need to be jealous.

FORD
12-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Leave Chicago out of this Dickhead. Just because you are not welcome in the greatest city on Earth, no need to be jealous.

Too late. I was there just this last weekend.

Your mom says "Hi", by the way. Well, actually it was more like "Mmmph Phmmmm Ummmm", but she really shouldn't talk with her mouth full like that.

mako_kimura
01-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Alrighty, I'll just settle this whole freakin' dispute, I'm sick of this whole thing.

1. Nirvana made 3 albums and then died...BFD
2. Pop metal is still around and kickin', however, it's not a HUGE thing
3. I know who Nirvana is, I know the one song, however, I hate them with a passion (I'm a 15 year old pop metal fan)

Overall, just shut up and get over it

Terry
01-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah, well, Kurt forfeited any say over how Nirvana's music was to be handled when he shot himself into the Big Sleep...unless Courtney had him killed...

...at any rate, I'd rather see Martha Stewart have control over the music than Love. Stewart is a fine lady who can make fabulous food. Love is a useless tramp.

Just hope Francis Bean turns out okay. Bad enough her dad dies when she was so young, but watching your mom make a total ass of herself in the media at every opportunity...

whatever.

Terry
01-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Plus, kinda have to agree that as far as Nirvana revolutionizing rock music like, say the Beatles...not so much.

Nirvana were a good band that churned out some great songs. Think they, and Cobain in particular, got lionized after Kurt died. But I rarely hear them on the radio anymore, and even that new release of a couple of years ago, You Know You're Right, didn't really do much. And all that 'alternative' stuff that came to the fore in the early 1990s (always hated that term, 'cause what Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice In Chains were doing was still rock as far as I'm concerned) did help sweep the hair metal scene away...but good fucking riddance!

Unchainme
01-08-2006, 09:04 PM
"She is reportedly a fan of American Idol, Fox's music talent show. She attended the season five finale show with her mother."

"Frances's first public interview appeared in a Teen Vogue issue on September 13, 2005, featuring her in a series of "girly outfits"; she mentions that she doesn't like to dress grungy and messy like her late father. The article focuses primarily on her shopping habits, but the article also touches on the topics of her mother and how it feels to be a member of "grunge royalty.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Bean_Cobain

Sounds like a normal 13 year old, was kinda hoping she would be into rock though, It'b kinda cool to see her do something like Jason Bonham and Julian Lennon do.

Hardrock69
01-09-2006, 10:48 AM
I would love to have The Whore suck my cock, just so I could take video or pictures and sell them on the net.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-09-2006, 11:30 AM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa

absolutely true.......

Nirvana - One of the most overrated bands to ever have been hatched.

Thank Gawd for Dave Grohl and The Foo Fighters. Any one of their songs kicked any one of Nirvana's songs. Period.

Unchainme
01-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa

absolutely true.......

Nirvana - One of the most overrated bands to ever have been hatched.

Thank Gawd for Dave Grohl and The Foo Fighters. Any one of their songs kicked any one of Nirvana's songs. Period.

Overrated in the sense that they should not be in the top ten Hard Rock Bands of All Time and Cobain shouldn't be considered a guitar god. Other than that they are a grate band, I used to hate them mainly because I thought they Destroyed Rock And Roll. Then I realized it was MTV and Clear Channel who did it. Listen To Nevermind and Unplugged they are two grate rock records. I would defintly rate them in my top 15-25 Favorite Bands of all time.

Hardrock69
01-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Kurt KaBANG!

Diamondjimi
01-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Kurt KaBANG!

I thought it was Kurt Gobang...LOL !

Poor sap definitely had a suicide fixation.

bueno bob
01-10-2006, 10:46 AM
I was never much of a Nirvana fan, myself...not back in the day, not currently...I had Bleach and got Nevermind when they came off and pretty much stopped listening to them at that point and went back to bands I was more familiar with and quit listening to the whole Seattle thing.

Um...I really had a hard time appreciating Kurt Cobain as some kind of unsung genius, and I think a lot of people just kind of fell into the whole idol-worship thing with him. Was Nirvana brilliant? Were they profound? No. Did they write exceptionally good material? Not really, but were the INFLUENCIAL to a LOT of people? Absolutely. And that's really the distinction.

I reserve the label of "genius" for bands/musicians who are so insanely talented that it simply cannot be denied (e.g. Jaco Pastorius); Nirvana...no. Once again, "Rape Me" comes to mind and I can very easily see that song having come together and been ready to record in about ten minutes or so (which is pretty much true of all Nirvana's material, I think...I say so because I've written Nirvana-ish material myself in about the same amount of time).

Nirvana was NOT a legendary band; they were not geniuses; but they WERE extremely influencial back in the day, and of that there's no doubt at all. As far as kids today are concerned, I've also no doubt, and will bet you dollars to donuts, that the common 13-15 year old will have a much easier time telling you about Jessica Simpson's career than s/he will telling you about Kurt Cobains. I think that's just kind of a common sense thing.

I heard about Cobains suicide and didn't care. I have no respect for anybody that kills himself and the only people I feel bad for, in repsect to Nirvana's impending shattered legacy, is Dave Grohl and the rest of the band - Kurt Cobain's legacy can go fuck itself if it likes to. He obviously didn't care about continuing on with his (or Nirvana's) back when he was 27, so as far as everybody complaining that he's "spinning in his grave"? The man's dead, he didn't obviously care enough to continue on with his life, his wife, raising his daughter, making his music....so FUCK him. He deserves NO respect/sadness or any other form of sorrow cast in his direction because of this.

Foo Fighters are a MUCH better band, anyway - IMO.

That is all.

diamondD
01-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Yep, I was just about to say, I think the Foo Fighters may not be as influential, but they kick ass and are still around. And they didn't have to capitalize on the whole "woe is me, I'm famous" schtick.

Curt No-brain was a loser, and most likely made other kids think suicide is a viable answer. Fuck him.

bastardog
01-11-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't care much about Nirvana songs been sold......but If some day I hear that Sharon Osbourne sold Ozzy's catalog for peanuts then it will be a real catastrophe.
It really could happen......think in the facts:
Courtney = Bitch
Sharon = Bitch++

FORD
01-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
I don't care much about Nirvana songs been sold......but If some day I hear that Sharon Osbourne sold Ozzy's catalog for peanuts then it will be a real catastrophe.
It really could happen......think in the facts:
Courtney = Bitch
Sharon = Bitch++

I'm no fan of Sharon Osbourne, but she's far too good of a businesswoman to piss away a fortune like Cuntney has done. Look at what she did with Ozzy's first two albums. Remastering is a cash cow in and of itself, but she managed to cut out two of the 4 original players. And then, when the third guy is dead, he's not going to be complaining about his percentage either.

Granted, it was wrong, and she was a total cunt for doing it, but it's evidence of a cunning mind that won't be going bankrupt anytime soon. Unless Ozzy dumps her ass and legally removes her from his entire musical catalog. And he's too co-dependent for that to ever happen.

bastardog
01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm no fan of Sharon Osbourne, but she's far too good of a businesswoman to piss away a fortune like Cuntney has done. Look at what she did with Ozzy's first two albums. Remastering is a cash cow in and of itself, but she managed to cut out two of the 4 original players. And then, when the third guy is dead, he's not going to be complaining about his percentage either.

Granted, it was wrong, and she was a total cunt for doing it, but it's evidence of a cunning mind that won't be going bankrupt anytime soon. Unless Ozzy dumps her ass and legally removes her from his entire musical catalog. And he's too co-dependent for that to ever happen.

Hope also that their talent-less childs don't do it

thome
01-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Rock was on its way off the top of the charts when the first gay white
kid looked in the mirror and slowly lowered his pants halfway down
on his boney ass and put on Old dirty bastard.And started dragging
his feet like he saw some black kid do -the prison shuffle-.

Kobain and Grunge are a -white- product of I'm a black prison bitch Music. I do believe a spoken for bitch wears his pants like that as a sign of being owned.

Al in Chains and such bands are not Seattle Grunge they may have
gone their to Get Discovered its totally diff music.Nirvana has one
sound and its very unique but the clones of Nirvana are just that
a Flash in the pan...a shotgun in the face...

Courtney love is a smart bitch or her creditors are, she is probably
50 mill in debt and the calaloge she sold 5 years from now wouldn't
pull 10 mill.

Damn, sorrry sometimes i just gotta say it...

I see -Rap- white kids pants- hanging off thier ass-and One
Kunt named Tipper Gore and One Little WARNING lable on a Rap
album as a sign of the end times for rock.

Hey look I'm cooler, i bought a album that is censored look I dress like a prison bitch.I'm a wigger.No your an Idiot.

Nirvana is unique to nirvana all the rest is copycat and can't touch
nirvana.
I have never seen so many bands get a contract for sounding exactly
like all the other bands as Rap and Grunge and to have it be sucsessful is proof the record industry controlls YOUR taste in Music..

Once again Sorry My thoughts differ and are not meant to insite
anger....:)

Hardrock69
01-11-2006, 07:40 PM
You are right. Rappers are OWNED.

You want a genius who is a rapper?

Good luck...such a thing does not exist.

The only thing a rapper knows how to play is his fucking smartass mouth.

And then you have stupid fuckers making stupid fucking weeky weeky noises on cheep turntables.

Rap concerts are lame. All you have is some stupid klowns on a stage with a sideways ball cap and some bling....jumping around while they yell at the crowd.

Do they have talent?

No. Anyone could do what they do.

Any RETARD could do what they do.

Don't believe me?

EAT THIS SHIT BITCH (http://www.iamlost.com/features/slomo/)

http://www.iamlost.com/features/slomo/slomo.gif (http://www.iamlost.com/features/slomo/)

Hardrock69
01-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Now, in reality, I feel that even though a complete idiot could be a successful rapper, the following are also true:

1. Can one have talent and be a rapper? Certainly. Having an aptitude for rhyme is like anything else: Some peeps are just better at it than others.

2. Is Rap Music a legitimate art form? Yes of course it is.

3. Does Rap Music have entertainment value? Yes it does. Those people who are entertained by it are too easily amused, though.
:cool:

If someone wants to be a rapper, you have to learn the usual main rules of the Music Industry: Buy some heavy duty knee pads, as either you better learn to suck cock, or else you will spend the rest of your career being fucked in the ass. Either way, you will be on your knees.

Keep your publishing. If you go the independant route, and keepa da pub, you can sell one-tenth the numbers you would with a Major label backing you, but you will get 10 times the fiduciary renumeration (bling) for your reward.

I say whatever art form you decide is right for you, more power to ya. As for every 10 people who state Rap is not good art, there are 1 or 2 that claim it is good art.

It being popular, it is in the same boat as Metal in the 80s.
Mainstream.

It is already passe, and has been for years now. The Mob just does not have any other new musical art form to feed on yet.

Pretty soon, all your crappers who are playing arenas will be reduced to playing the 21st-century chitlin' circuit, reliving their glory days in shitty clubs, and wondering if they will EVER be able to pay the label back all the money they owe for the priviledge they once had of being a "star".

So more power to "rappers". If that is their bag, let 'em smoke out of it.
:cool:

And one more thing....I have a lot in common with rappers.

Not only can I jump around with a ball cap on sideways and yell rhymes at people (if I WANT to), being a Metal musician, I have been discriminated against, treated like scum, and witnessed first-hand the feeling one has when being ridiculed or castigated for what one believes in, or for how a person looks.

Rap is just 21st-century Blooze music.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

monkeythe
01-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I think Martha paid too much for the catalog. She paid 70 mil pounds (more than $100 million US) for only a quarter of the catalog. What rights does she have to the use the music? If she is only getting royalty checks then this was a bad business decision. If Martha gets to license the songs then she might make some money off the deal.

As far as rappers go, some are geniuses when it comes to money. The labels promote themselves in almost every song and every rap album features the next artist the label wants to promote somewhere in that album. Some of the rappers have started clothing lines which are making them more money than they ever could in the music business.

Hardrock69
01-12-2006, 11:18 AM
That is something few rockers do.

How often do you see a new rock band come out with an elder statesman of Rock music as a "guest"?

How often do you see an album by the Stones or Deep Purple or whoever with guest appearances by unknown or up-and-coming rockers?

Never.

Kinda like the differences between rock and country.

Country artists are like Elvis. For the most part, they do not write their own material (to me that indicates a lack of talent...they are only a fucking cowboy hat with an interchangeable human underneath), they do not produce their own material, they have no say in what material they record, and they never use any of the musicians in their actual backup band to record albums!

Rockers on the other hand, write almost all of their own stuff, and, with the current state of technology, many rockers now can produce or co-produce their own albums, and the musicians who play on the album are the same ones who tour.

I see it first hand all the time here in Gnashville. Hopeful wannabes come here (like rockers go to L.A. or New York) hoping to make it big. Many do not make it even to the first rung of the ladder, as they find out that they are interchangeable with any other country artist.

What has really been a trip since I have been down here is watching them self destruct before they really even get off the starting line.

Just in the past 2 years, I have seen 2 rising stars with major-label deals who either self destruct due to alcohol, or the "I Am The Star Of The Show!" Syndrome.....who lose their temper because they think they are a star (DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?).

One guy in particluar who shall remain nameless got pissed off because a sound engineer dared to say "no" during sound check one day about 6 months ago. He walked up and punched the FOH guy right in the face.
3 band members quit soon afterwards, and his label (Major label) dropped him, even though he had a hit single and was getting rave reviews from all the trades.

Fucking dumbass.

But I digress.

Gene Simmons is the King Of Branding when it comes to "marketing" in the music biz.

Garth Brooks graduated from Univeristy of Oklahoma.

Guess what he has a degree in?

Marketing.

And back in the late 60s, the Rolling Stones took some time off between albums, and Mick Jagger went back to school and graduated with a degree in business and economics.

If these rap artists were smart, they would do the same.