PDA

View Full Version : Roth And The Fcc

doctor roth
12-14-2005, 03:32 AM
I was listening to the latest DLR appearence on the howard stern show before he takes it over next year.

Stern was harping on about how dave needs to be careful, and that he thinks the FCC will be on his back.

I think the reason they were after stern all the time was that his sence of humor was so low brow, very much a shock jock. I think dave is muck more switched on than Howard and knows how to get his point across without stooping to dick and fart jokes.

DISCUSS

Eyes of the Night
12-14-2005, 03:38 AM
He doesn't make enough money to pay those hella stiff fines they hand out ...

ELVIS
12-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Dave already said thet his show will be political in nature...

He's not going to be a stupid 'shock jock'...

:elvis:

twonabomber
12-14-2005, 05:04 AM
if he was going to be that way on the air, i think we would have heard it in the Boston tapes. plus Infinity brass has said there won't be any fart jokes on Free FM, but we'll see about that.

the one thing i'd almost bet on is that Dave takes more regular commercial breaks than Stern does.

Nario Lee Roth
12-14-2005, 08:26 AM
i live in the Uk so i have three questions

WHEN does Dave's Radio's show start??
WHAT days and times is it on?
And what station or where on the internet can i listen to it ???

Thankyou very Much

Douglas T.
12-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Nario Lee Roth
i live in the Uk so i have three questions

WHEN does Dave's Radio's show start??
WHAT days and times is it on?
And what station or where on the internet can i listen to it ???

Thankyou very Much

I'm hoping one of these will work! !! !!!DT

http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/solon/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=live1053&useSame=true&type=IE

http://www.fmqb.com/goout.asp?u=http://www.infinitybroadcasting.com/freefm/joel_hollander_webcast.php

Nario Lee Roth
12-14-2005, 08:39 AM
thankyou ever so much

now i just need to know when it starts and what time :)
thanks
\

Wayne L.
12-14-2005, 09:51 AM
I think Dave is going to surprise old VH fans like myself with his radio gig & hopefully be MORE popular than Stern.

Alex Mogilny
12-14-2005, 10:32 AM
What's this shit goin' down 'bout the fcc
gone to war against obscenity
well, in times like these
you better watch what you say
watch 'em take your fucking rights away

darlin' i've been falling down
darlin' we've been and i'm falling down
don't you wanna know. oh oh oh

just a shame, just a drag, just the usa
more concerned about the things we say
and the lies they tell.
i'll tell you that's what's unjust
what the fuck they've been telling us

darlin' i've been falling down
darlin' we've been fallin' down
don't you take it away
and it's a long way down
and it's a long way down.

here come the witch hunt, black listin' fcc
callin' out the fucking cavalry
when they come for you, why don't you come to me
as you sit through this insanity

darlin' i've been fallin' down
darlin' we've been fallin' down
don't you take it away
don't you take it away

DavidLeeNatra
12-14-2005, 10:45 AM
dave has too much class for "fart jokes"...

Hardrock69
12-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Well I will put it this way, using a Bill Cosby routine as an example.

Think of Dave on a level of Bill Cosby, where Mr. Bill says about his wife while she was in labor: "She looked up at me and told me that I did not know who my father was".

Now, by way of explanation for those of you who do not get it, if it was Howard who said the joke, he would just say "She looked up at me and called me a bastard!".

I think Dave being the intellectual that he is, can certainly get the point across without ruffling the FCC's feathers.

HOWEVER....

They are DEFINITELY going to be scrutinizing him, as he is only the former FRONT MAN FOR VAN HALEN....

Meaning he is a ROCK MUSICIAN!
:eek:

tsk tsk

Gotta watch what those damned rock musicians say....with all their devil worship, and sekshul perversion and foul language!

The NERVE!!!

bantonelli
12-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well I will put it this way, using a Bill Cosby routine as an example.

Think of Dave on a level of Bill Cosby, where Mr. Bill says about his wife while she was in labor: "She looked up at me and told me that I did not know who my father was".

Now, by way of explanation for those of you who do not get it, if it was Howard who said the joke, he would just say "She looked up at me and called me a bastard!".

I think Dave being the intellectual that he is, can certainly get the point across without ruffling the FCC's feathers.

HOWEVER....

They are DEFINITELY going to be scrutinizing him, as he is only the former FRONT MAN FOR VAN HALEN....

Meaning he is a ROCK MUSICIAN!

The Difference between DLR and a "Rock Musician" is his IQ.....DLR may not surprise us because we know the guy is a total intellect...but for the average Joe-shmo who sees DLR as nothing but a former Rock Star who wore spandex....they are in for the Awakening of their Life! I'd love to place a bet on it.

He'll blow away the Rush Limbaughs, Don Imus's and Stern immediately, just like he did the moment he joined Van Halen.

tsk tsk

Gotta watch what those damned rock musicians say....with all their devil worship, and sekshul perversion and foul language!

The NERVE!!!

bantonelli
12-14-2005, 12:49 PM
The Difference between DLR and a "Rock Musician" is his IQ.....DLR may not surprise us because we know the guy is a total intellect...but for the average Joe-shmo who sees DLR as nothing but a former Rock Star who wore spandex....they are in for the Awakening of their Life! I'd love to place a bet on it.

He'll blow away the Rush Limbaughs, Don Imus's and Stern immediately, just like he did the moment he joined Van Halen.

DavidLeeNatra
12-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
The Difference between DLR and a "Rock Musician" is his IQ.....DLR may not surprise us because we know the guy is a total intellect...but for the average Joe-shmo who sees DLR as nothing but a former Rock Star who wore spandex....they are in for the Awakening of their Life!

good point...

Nickdfresh
12-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Nario Lee Roth
thankyou ever so much

now i just need to know when it starts and what time :)
thanks
\

January 3rd, 2006 I believe. DAVE's show should be on at around noon your time...

I bet it will be iPodCasted as well (in select segments).

twonabomber
12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
January 3rd is right.