PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Roth And Van Halen To Air Dirty Laundry On New Show

kcmusician
12-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I found this over at the strungout site, and wasn't sure if you guys had seen it yet.... Think it could be true? It would be a great way to start the new year!

Shaun

"David Lee Roth was always a much-hyped mystery guest on Howard Stern's nationwide radio show. Then Roth revealed his will be the voice greeting Stern regulars the starting the morning of January 3 2006. — at least in several of the markets comprising the self-proclaimed King of All Media's syndicated, 27-station kingdom, an empire Stern has spent decades building.

Now the rumors are flying again. And folks, we're on really reliable sources here. Remember, the first time there was a rumor about Roth....it was true. He went back on tour. The second time there was a rumor about Roth, it was true...he took Stern's spot. Now the rumors, if they hold true, would see Roth's debut ratings go through the ROOF.

Peep this...David Lee Roth's first in-studio guest, of the new year, and new career. Edward Van Halen.

If this happens...and it's an amicable conversation. There's no telling what could happen in the future. Rumors of a Van Halen split (again) with Sammy Hagar are flying high and this would only add fuel to the fire."

FORD
12-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Right.....

Now isn't it about time to resurrect the Super Bowl rumor too? :rolleyes:

diamondsgirl
12-16-2005, 02:10 PM
His first guest will be someone much more important to him than Edward Van Halen. ;)

Golden AWe
12-16-2005, 02:12 PM
The radio guests actually have to be in condition to speak clearly...

Bob_R
12-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Didn't Motley Crue have some sort of show where they were put in a room to just talk and hash things out?

I don't know any details other than that. I've never been a Motley Crue fan.

Alex Mogilny
12-16-2005, 02:42 PM
David Lee's first guest is going to be Howard Stern.

diamondsgirl
12-16-2005, 02:53 PM
I just read that it will be his Uncle Manny. I can see that. :cool:

Nickdfresh
12-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Obviously this rumor is shiite...

But I do believe that ED, or at least MIKEY, will pop up on DAVE's show if it lasts past summer...

POJO_Risin
12-16-2005, 07:37 PM
It would be smart as hell to US if spED would be on the show first...

nobody else would care...

but you know...it would be fucking hilarious if he does get spED...

and fucking drops the hammer on him...lmfao...

and finally ends all the fucking reunion talk...

PS...

no way spED puts himself on a show where more than likely...Dave hammers him into an even mushier

onion than he already is...

Nickdfresh
12-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Ya'know. This is true, EDDIE would be at a severe disadvantage against DAVE in a rhetorical debate forum...

ED's personality disorder wouldn't help either...He can barely hold his own with "The Two Dorks," the boring tools those guys are...

The best one was when ED was talking about WOLFIE and all the "music we've made" together blah, blah, blah, blah awahwahwahhhh...

And then he takes a lady caller who repeatedly asks him, "when's it coming out?" And Ed's like, "I don't know, it's up to the record company blah, blah, blah, awah awahawahhhhblah."

You could just barely hear him seething at being called out on his bullshit...

ED begins to sound like the adults in PEANUTS© after a while. To me anyways.

POJO_Risin
12-16-2005, 07:51 PM
There's a fucking HUGE difference between spED and the adults on PEANUTS...

The PEANUTS adults are amusing to listen to...

spED has the quality of snow on Television...

it just fades into oblivian...

Nickdfresh
12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
You know, I still haven't heard his banner lead vocals on that VHIII song he sang...

I was thinking of trying to get the MP3 after I spent hours scratching a chalkboard and shoving a screwdriver in my ear....

POJO_Risin
12-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Shit dude...you absolutely HAVE to fucking listen to that tune...

it is the most amazing piece of shit I've ever heard...

cheek
12-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Reunions are all about money, Eddie is about to be thrown under the bus in divorce court....you do the math

ELVIS
12-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Thank you, sweetheart...

Don't any of these fools read this site, or anything, for that matter ??

Like Edward Fucking Van Halen would go on Dave's show...

Right...:rolleyes:

Matt White
12-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Thank you, sweetheart...

Like Edward Fucking Van Halen would go on Dave's show...

Right...:rolleyes:

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!

As if EVH gets outta bed before 6:00pm......on a "Good" day......

Douglas T.
12-17-2005, 12:51 AM
I imagine Ed's dirty laundry is piling up fast now that he's on his own! !! !!!DT

jero
12-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Would be great though!

Dirty Duck
12-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah...like Eddie is really going to JUMP to be on Dave's morning show. Sorry...I'm not buying it...

POJO_Risin
12-17-2005, 10:42 AM
I've intercepted a taped recording of a phone call placed from Dave to spED, talking about a potential interview on January 3rd:

(phone ringing)

spED: Um--Hello?

DLR: Edward?

spED: Who is this?

DLR: David Lee Roth.

spED: Who?

DLR: Diamond Dave.

spED: Diamonds? Are you a lawyer for my wife?

DLR: You know, the lead singer for your band, when it was good.

spED: You mean, it used to be good?

DLR: Yeah, remember when you were hammered all the time, and it suppressed your ego long enough to allow this band to actually go in the right direction?

spED: I'm sorry?

DLR: You know, when you used to get laid with regularity by the chicks I didn't have time for.

spED: Wait, my band was good, and I got laid?

spED: Your name is Edward too?

DLR: Eddie?

spED: I'm Edward.

DLR: Will you appear on my show on January 3rd. I won't shred you to fucking oblivian, I promise.

spED: Who are you again? Val?

DLR: See you on the 3rd.

When called to confirm, Eddie stated:

"I have no knowledge of this...none."

Terry
12-17-2005, 11:00 AM
I dunno.

Even if true, can't say as I'd get too much pleasure listening to Dave rip Ed a new one, because Roth has the gift of the gab and Ed, even a sober Ed...well, what's he gonna say that's of any interest? How he used to boil his guitar strings? Would just be a case of Roth matching wits with an unarmed opponent.

Nah. Only context I'm interested in seeing Dave and Ed together in is a recording studio or onstage. Otherwise, just leave the public feuding alone. It's been going on for 20 years now, and is getting kinda boring, although admittedly still more interesting than anything to come out of 5150 for the last two decades.

DavidLeeNatra
12-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Thank you, sweetheart...

most of them don't even read through a [i]thread[/i) before posting :D

and spED won't go into ANY radio station to give an interview...and the last one he'd drop in would be the toastmaster general's...

spmusicplyr
12-18-2005, 02:01 PM
if eddie was his first guest then they should be on tour and not behind a mic at a desk

Golden AWe
12-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

Bob_R
12-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I've intercepted a taped recording of a phone call placed from Dave to spED, talking about a potential interview on January 3rd:

(phone ringing)

spED: Um--Hello?

spED: Who is this?

DLR: David Lee Roth.

spED: Who?

DLR: Diamond Dave.

spED: Diamonds? Are you a lawyer for my wife?

DLR: You know, the lead singer for your band, when it was good.

DLR: Yeah, remember when you were hammered all the time, and it suppressed your ego long enough to allow this band to actually go in the right direction?

spED: I'm sorry?

DLR: You know, when you used to get laid with regularity by the chicks I didn't have time for.

spED: Your name is Edward too?

DLR: Eddie?

spED: I'm Edward.

DLR: Will you appear on my show on January 3rd. I won't shred you to fucking oblivian, I promise.

spED: Who are you again? Val?

DLR: See you on the 3rd.

When called to confirm, Eddie stated:

"I have no knowledge of this...none."

LOL!

diamondsgirl
12-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Maybe he could Val on at some point.

LMAO. :D

Three_Lock Rock
12-18-2005, 07:07 PM
i cant wait until he puts SAMMY HAGAR on his gayfag radeo show and gets OWNED like tha faggit he is!

three lock rock
kickin ass and taking names!

ppg960
12-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Anyone know where you can listen to this on the net?
I don't think Eddie would be crazy enough to go on as the first guest. Dave would talk circles around him.
What is the name of the station he'll be on?

Jurak
12-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Three_Lock Rock
i cant wait until he puts SPAMMY GAYBAR on his radio show and OWNs him like the faggit he really is!

three lock rock
lickin ass and gorfing weiners!

back for more names eh? ....... fuck!! learn how to spell.....first :rolleyes:

Roth & Roll
12-22-2005, 02:39 AM
Dave interviewing Eddie is the equivalent of Jerry lewis interviewing one of those retarded kids on his telethon.

doctor roth
12-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Yeah i heard that too. Cant remember where though. THAT sounds like a possibility. As if ed would agree to that Roth would cut him to pieces and he knows it. Ed is a TERRIBLE interview anyways. If you're not a guitar player he aint real interesting. Dave will interview people with personality.

One thing i DO look forward to is who he'll have on as guests. I think there will be tons of celebs who are old school VH fans who will jump to talk to DLR. I have to say im excited at the prospect.

doctor roth
12-28-2005, 03:36 AM
Dave will also interview some really interesting people he's met along his rock star travels, not just the usual boring run of the mill celebs, hopefully some people with C H A R A C T E R

Vinnie Velvet
12-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Well, well.

It sure makes for some interesting discussion, though.

Big Troubles
12-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Van Halen as we knew it is dead. But the cd's and boots live on! I seriously dont give a fuck if they ever get back together. I think too much bullshit was said from both parties for there ever to be a real honest reunion. I would like to see Dave put out more studio releases though. Lots of songs left to be sung.

light 'em up!
12-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
EDDIE would be at a severe disadvantage against DAVE in a rhetorical debate forum...

No doubt dude. Ed would get squashed... Al too.

DLR'sCock
12-29-2005, 01:46 AM
Whatever, we will begin hearing the show starting Tuesday....

WHATEVA..........

VH = DEAD....

Congrats to Dave's new career move!!!

Vinnie Velvet
12-29-2005, 11:24 AM
If Eddie goes on the air as his first guest, why not, go for it!

I see Dave on radio as a great thing ---- it just promotes Classic VH that much more. And Maybe some out there will finally realize who was the driving force behind CVH.

Cornholio Jr.
12-29-2005, 12:58 PM
I don't see that happening anytime soon. It would make for GREAT radio....some of the best in a long time....but I don't see it. Ed is too much of a mess right now. The guy is probably near death and has no motivation to do ANYTHING. Why would he even have the energy to go toe to toe with DLR? I doubt Ed it much for conversation these days.