PDA

View Full Version : Worst Guitar Solo Of All Time?

WARF
12-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Make your picks!

ppg960
12-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey Barf, lets hear you play something. Some of those players you have listed are very good musicians.
By no means should you cut them down becuase of a particular piece of music.

WARF
12-17-2005, 11:03 PM
All of those solos suck.
I didn't say the guitar player sucked.
With the exception of Neal Schon.
Who is actually decent guitar player, who was stuck with Cheesy power ballads.

PumpedUpMidget
12-17-2005, 11:06 PM
anything Neal Schon does is gay, along with any Richie Sambora or Bryan Adams

cheek
12-17-2005, 11:09 PM
guess youve never heard the beastie boys no sleep till brooklyn

PumpedUpMidget
12-17-2005, 11:12 PM
the yeastie boys suck

WARF
12-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Who did the solo for that?
I can't even remember how it goes.

Mr Badguy
12-18-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by WARF
Who did the solo for that?
I can't even remember how it goes.

Wasn`t it Kerry King of Slayer?

Wayne L.
12-18-2005, 06:50 AM
C. C. Deville is one of the worst guitarist in rock history & he has the WORST solos of all time as well.

DrMaddVibe
12-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Free Bird...I'd rather get a root canal than have to ever hear it again!

jero
12-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Every grunge song with a solo in it!

Coyote
12-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by jero
Every grunge song with a solo in it!

exactly.

DavidLeeNatra
12-18-2005, 09:58 AM
other..."why can't this be love"...having a guitar god wasting his talent on a keayboard, while a mop haired poodle is torturing a guitar is one thing...but having the poodle screech over a fucking lame ass "solo" takes it over the top...

BruinJer
12-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by cheek
guess youve never heard the beastie boys no sleep till brooklyn

Wow... you beat me to it, that was my choice. Yes, it's Kerry King from Slayer doing that shitty solo. That guy SUCKS.

jero
12-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
C. C. Deville is one of the worst guitarist in rock history & he has the WORST solos of all time as well.

Compared to the Grunge guitar players he's like Eddy

FORD
12-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by jero
Compared to the Grunge guitar players he's like Eddy

Eddie Munster?

WARF
12-18-2005, 07:43 PM
I forgot the solo masturbation scene of Ron Jeremy in.... Ron Jeremy and the temple of POON.

Hardrock69
12-19-2005, 10:56 AM
1. Bryan Adams had nothing to do with the solo on "Cuts Like A Knife". He is NOT the lead guitarist in his band.

2. Roger Fisher was a very inventive soloist for his time (mid-to-late 70s). He gave that song a solo that was not too over the top, but not ultra-lame. It was just right for the song.

3. Angus Young's worst guitar solos are still better than half the solos on this list.

4. I voted for "Other: (Please Explain".)

Though I do not know who this artist "Other" is, nor have I heard he/she/it's song "(Please Explain)", I haveta say that the worst guitar solo I ever witnessed in my life (with the possible exception of ANYTHING by the British NWOBHM band Bad News) was Mick Mars in November of 1989 at Kansas City's Kemper Arena on the Dr. Feelgood Tour.

He totally sucked fucking ass, enough that I walked out of the venue into the concession area to get a coke, in the hopes that he would be done making his pathetic racket by the time I got back to my seat.

As a matter of fact, why was his name not included in this poll? He sucks as a guitarist.

Seshmeister
12-19-2005, 11:49 AM
You did know that Bad News were a comedy act like Spinal Tap?:)

I saw that tour and the Mars solo spot and it teetered between being so bad it was really funny and just being so bad.

By that time we had a running joke about MM guitar playing so most of the folk I was with were laughing their asses off.

Cheers

:gulp:

ALI_G
12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
me finks da worst guitar solo i eva eard was in dat puff daddy song. i am not sure why, but puff did ave some batty british geeza wiv a fa real wicked complexion playin some anoyin riff while puffy was tryin to rhyme.

Full Bug
12-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Has to be Kiss -I Love It Loud, I still remember the video too, Paul just wails on his 6 note guitar solo, everytime I hear that song I laugh at the solo ( Assuming that it is Paul, just because he does it in the video doesnt mean its him on the record, I have no idea), when I think worst solo this tune is the first to come to mind, I actually like the song, but the solo is a joke......:D:D

flappo
12-19-2005, 03:12 PM
alan holdsworth is vastly overrated imo

boring twaddle

Diamondjimi
12-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Jack White of The Brown Stripes !!!!!!!!
WORST GUITARIST/SOLOIST/WORST BAND OF ALL TIME !!!!!!!!

Diamondjimi
12-19-2005, 06:07 PM
"Free Bird - Gary Rossington, Ed King, Allen Collins - This impotent three- pronged hillbilly guitar attack is exhausting to say the least."

BWAHAHA !!! You're fuckin joking ,right ? LOL

Do you work for "Rolling Stone" ? LOL

ThrillsNSpills
12-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Neil Young Down by the River.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-19-2005, 07:55 PM
I was going to say anything with Mick Mars on it...

Seshmeister
12-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I was going to say anything with Mick Mars on it...

There are a few examples of that but 'Piece Of Your Action' stands out as being fucking awful.

I would go with the Beastie Boys though. The minute I saw the thread title that's what I thought of and a few others had already posted it.

Just how bad do you need to be out of the thousands of songs in the world for that to happen?

I can't separate them in my head, maybe some sick fuck could post them but I seem to remember their other 'hit' 'Fight for your Right to Party' having an even worse solo than NSTB.

Cheers!

WARF
12-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
"Free Bird - Gary Rossington, Ed King, Allen Collins - This impotent three- pronged hillbilly guitar attack is exhausting to say the least."

BWAHAHA !!! You're fuckin joking ,right ? LOL

Do you work for "Rolling Stone" ? LOL

I need a shot of insulin, to listen to that solo again!

RuzDNailz
12-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
You did know that Bad News were a comedy act like Spinal Tap?:)

Did you ever get to catch their music video for Bohemian Rhapsody?
I was in tears with laughter the entire time! Any of their videos are good for a few laughs.

Diamondjimi
12-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by WARF
I need a shot of insulin, to listen to that solo again!

LOL !!!