PDA

View Full Version : Warrant.

ppg960
12-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Since they canned Jani Lane has anyone heard what these guys are doing?
Lane got the boot becuase of drug&booze problems. They were decent in the day. What a way to end a friendship.
Seen them here 5 years ago and they were shit. Lane was so Fucked he could barely stand.

sad.

Diamondjimi
12-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ppg960
Lane got the boot becuase of drug&booze problems. They were decent in the day. What a way to end a friendship.
Seen them here 5 years ago and they were shit. Lane was so Fucked he could barely stand.

sad.

Lame , cheesy poofter rock then and now IMO.
Not as lame as Poison , but a close 2nd .............

Alex Mogilny
12-20-2005, 02:02 PM
I thought this was a MUSIC forum?

Why the fuck are YOU posting about Warrant.

Someone just needs to delete this thread.

PHOENIX
12-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Jani Lane also got the boot cause the guys wanted the original guitarist back in the band and jani didnt.

Their guitarist is fucking bald now btw.

ppg960
12-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Do you have shell shock mogilny? This is music dumb ass! All types, roots, and sounds so what the hell?

Terry
12-20-2005, 10:24 PM
I dunno, dude.

Warrant sucked ass back then, although their third album showed SOME signs of talent, so it's kinda hard to care now.

Imagine they're on a package tour with Ratt (probably Blotzer, Croucher and three nobodys), Dokken (minus George Lynch) and Winger (Kip and the other three guys, but not the original other three guys...yeah, yeah, Reb was a wicked awesome guitar player back in the day, blah blah blah).

NATEDOG001976
12-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Jani is doing solo, he fucking rock at VH1's Metal Mania stripped. The rest of the ban has a new singer, what a joke. Warrant kicks ass with Jani live in concert, don't rip on them till your see them live.

jero
12-22-2005, 09:46 AM
man, I loved that Cherry Pie video! Bobby Brown was hot then!

NATEDOG001976
12-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Oh yeah...

NATEDOG001976
12-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Tastes so good makes a grown man cry....

WARF
12-22-2005, 10:07 AM
dRUGS AND ALCOHOL have taken a sad toll on Jani Lane!

http://myuseless-info.com/rr_janimohawk.jpg

jero
12-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Picture taken from the Weight Watchers world tour?

DLR_EngineRoom
12-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Lame , cheesy poofter rock then and now IMO.
Not as lame as Poison , but a close 2nd .............

MUCH more lame than Poison, IMO.

Only decent song they had was 'Cherry Pie'.

Poison was just fun to watch, kinda like a cartoon. You'll never hear someone say 'Warner Bros. Cartoons suck', 'cause they make you laugh and you'll go out of your way, even pay to see them for entertainment's sake.

Unlike Warrant.

WARF
12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Bret Michaels was a decent frontman.

DLR_EngineRoom
12-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Jani is doing solo, he fucking rock at VH1's Metal Mania stripped. The rest of the ban has a new singer, what a joke. Warrant kicks ass with Jani live in concert, don't rip on them till your see them live.

Actually, I did see Warrant LIVE with Aerosmith, Black Crowes and Metallica in late 80's.

I'll say this: No joke. They kicked Metallica's ass. But then again, I can't stand Metallica so technically Celine Dion woulda kicked Metallica's ass.

Still, Warrant wasn't anything special.

Originally posted by WARF

OMG seriously, is that a recent pic of Jani Lane or is it just "photoshopped" ?

Big Fat Sammy
12-22-2005, 05:44 PM
:)

DLR_EngineRoom
12-22-2005, 05:46 PM
From the official WARRANT website:

Joey Allen joined WARRANT in March 1987. His addition to the band became the first official WARRANT lineup. Playing Gazarri's, that same month, WARRANT broke the attendance-record previously held by Van Halen.

Dirty Duck
12-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Bret Michaels was a decent frontman.

I agree and I'm not afraid to admit it. I always liked brett. Seemed like a guy I'd have some drinks with. Saw him live with Poison and Solo...good frontman.

DLR_EngineRoom
12-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
I agree and I'm not afraid to admit it. I always liked brett. Seemed like a guy I'd have some drinks with. Saw him live with Poison and Solo...good frontman.

Me too. Brett Michaels obviously learned a lot from DLR, as did Vince Neil, but Brett never ceased to entertain.

Dirty Duck
12-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ppg960

sad.

We're gonna have some negative responses here...and that's a given. BUT..like my man NATEDOG said...don't knock it. Jani Lane was a good songwriter and anyone who says that back in the day he didnt have a good set of pipes is a fucking liar. Take away the corny name and they were a pretty tight band. They were a FUN band...not to be taken too seriously. When they released DOG EAT DOG...shit started going downhill. Jani has had problems with booze...and from watching VH1...his weight too. Last I heard the cat's lookin' and doin' well. Health comes first. I hope the best for the guy. I had some great expierences while having his music in the background...memories of my youth! Would I buy a NEW warrant album....probley not. But if they come back to JONES BEACH theater to jam with Cinderella and Poison...you'll find me in the parking lot loading up to rock n roll once again...

Dirty Duck
12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Me too. Brett Michaels obviously learned a lot from DLR, as did Vince Neil, but Brett never ceased to entertain.

Whats up DLRENGINEROOM? You're right! He got a lot of his frontman skills from ROTH and he'll probley be the first to admit it! Brett has always been a huge fan of David Lee. I hope the best for brett and I hope to see him come this summer!!! Simmer 2006.....I CANT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!! Roth maybe?

NATEDOG001976
12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
He's very skinny now, saw Jani on Oct 31th.

jero
12-23-2005, 03:55 AM

Agree on this one!

NATEDOG001976
12-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Poison was pretty good when I saw them live in 2003. I went to see Vince Neil, but stayed and watched Poison. Hell, it was actually good!

DLR_EngineRoom
12-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Whats up DLRENGINEROOM? You're right! He got a lot of his frontman skills from ROTH and he'll probley be the first to admit it! Brett has always been a huge fan of David Lee. I hope the best for brett and I hope to see him come this summer!!! Simmer 2006.....I CANT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!! Roth maybe?

Yo, Double D in the hiznit....holla boyeeeee

ok. anyway.

lol Duck, who knows who will come to T.O. this summer. I nearly went broke with all the concerts this past summer, and I didn't even get to check out everyone I wanted....

Roth may be too busy with his on air personality to tour with his on stage personality....

DLR_EngineRoom
12-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by jero
Agree on this one!

:D

Dirty Duck
12-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Yo, Double D in the hiznit....holla boyeeeee

ok. anyway.

lol Duck, who knows who will come to T.O. this summer. I nearly went broke with all the concerts this past summer, and I didn't even get to check out everyone I wanted....

Roth may be too busy with his on air personality to tour with his on stage personality....

I hear ya brother....I hope i have the SAME problem THIS summer. Keep it real for the homies...:D

DLR_EngineRoom
12-29-2005, 05:10 PM
I hear ya brother....I hope i have the SAME problem THIS summer. Keep it real for the homies...:D

I'm down wit dat. Keep it real in NY...boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lmfao

Douglas T.
12-29-2005, 05:49 PM

LOL! That's funnier than this pic I took a while back!

Jahuli
12-29-2005, 06:05 PM
I cant beleive thats what he looks like!

Only ever heard Cherry pie, and of course saw the video which was pretty funny.

http://www.myspace.com/janilane

He went on some celebrity fit club show and apparently lost the weight he was carrying in those pics above.

Douglas T.
12-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Long long ago he opened a bar here in Orlando Jani Lanes Sunset Strip and it closed after a few good years! He was still in shape then when he was there for opening nite with george Lynch, tommy Lee and a bunch of others! I have a few autographed packs of "Jani Lane's Sunset Strip" matches I use to keep my coffee table from wabbling!