X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

ESPN Picks 2005 USC over 2002 Ohio State

Okay being that The '02 Ohio State only played one of the best fucking schedules I have ever seen.I'm sorry but To go Undefeated in The Big Ten with a 14 game schedule and Beat a Team That could be another team in The NFL at the Time should mean something.

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Maurice Clarett before he was a fucking cunt. I still think to this day, OSU would've won one more Nat'l Championship had he not xcrewed up.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

SC's offense (basically the last 4 yeras) is light years better than Miami's, and USC has won 34 straight. SC would pummel that '02 team. Show some fucking respect to this run and how good SC has been.

Fucking Big 10 homers....jesus.

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

I think the '88 Notre Dame team would beat this year's USC team.

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Not with that offense.

You cannot beat USC defensively, you will not stop them. If you want to win, you will have to score and score a lot.

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Ricky Watters, Tony Brooks and Anthony Johnson in the backfield, along with Rocket Ismail. Tony Rice at quarterback, who had 1,000 yards rushing that year himself.

They had a better offense that year than Notre Dame has this year, at least more well-rounded.

They also had a couple studs on defense, Pat Lyght, Chris Zorich included.

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yep I remember that team, I was at that game at the Coliseum when ND was #1, USC was #2 back in '88. Tony Rice....couldn't remember that fucker's name.

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

LOL, he works in finance now, well, at least he did five years ago. He lived in the same neighborhood that a friend of my ex-wife lived in. Said hi to him at a block party once. lol

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I think USC would win...

I don't think it would be a pummeling...

but I can't stand these "who would've won" bullshit...

because the fact is...we'll never know...

everyone sounded like Brett when talking about MIAMI vs. Ohio State...

not one person on the planet gave OSU a shot...

USC's offense IS on a different plane however...

and unchainme...Clarett was an asshole THEN as well...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

It is on a different plane.

And they have them facing the 1997 Wolverines in the next match-up.

I agree we'd never know, but even I would say that USC would probably have little trouble beating the co-champs from that year.

Ironically, the same teams who shared the title then are playing in a crappy lesser bowl this season.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Bowl games are a weird fucking thing though...you just never know...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• redblkwht
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Bowl games are a weird fucking thing though...you just never know...
                        Exactly..

hell wasnt Miamis record close to USC's this year? 34
                        straight or something until the big badd big 10 champs
                        put it to them..too bad USC didnt match up with OSU
                        this year, ND almost beat them gimme a break.
                        I still hang to Texas winning it all..

EUAS

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Why do you guys insist on comparing Miami of 2002 to USC of now? Miami was nowhere near as prolific on offense as USC, and SC knows how to win tough games, on the road. They are battle-tested and they have a great coaching staff. I'll put Pete Carroll up against Larry Coker anyday. You give Carroll a month to prepare for a team, and he will have a winning game plan.

It's a home game for USC at the Rose Bowl, they have two Heisman winners, they have a defense with a chip on its shoulder, and the best offense the sport has seen. Texas has no chance of winning...none. ND almost beat them? Well guess what, they didn't. Good teams win tough games on the road, and all of a sudden Notre Dame is a shit team? News to me.

Please, Ohio State lost their only two games that mattered this year...Texas and Penn St. Give me a break. When's the last time the Big 10 beat USC in a bowl game? Go look it up.

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Oh and if Notre Dame beats Ohio St., then I guess Texas' close win over the Buckeyes on the road will mean a lot less than USC's win in South Bend won't it? Yeah I'm sure you Big 10 homers will give in to that.

Comment

• AiginMisora

Actually, Notre Dame did beat them. "The Push" gave SC the win but that's a whole other story.

Comment

Working...