PDA

View Full Version : Faith No More

WARF
12-22-2005, 03:02 PM
<style>.hov:hover{background-color:yellow}</style><div id='Title' style='font:bold 11px verdana'><a class='hov' style='display:block;width:300px;border:solid 2px black;padding:5px' <p><embed name='RAOCXplayer' src='http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/f/faith_no_more/epic_818645.asx' type='application/x-mplayer2' width='300' height='300' autoplay='true' ShowControls='1' ShowStatusBar='0' loop='true' EnableContextMenu='0' DisplaySize='0' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/'></embed></a><p style="margin:3px 0px"><a

I got their 1990 album and Angel Dust which kicked ass... I remember them covering the commodores "Easy" which was stellar... then they dropped off the face of the planet.

WARF
12-22-2005, 03:08 PM
I remember watching this video the entire summer of 1990 ON mtv... YOU KNOW... right before MTV started to suck... i think it debuted on "Totallly Pauly".

Who can forget the fucking dead fish at the end of the video... fucking classic.

Guitar Shark
12-22-2005, 03:10 PM
That is a great tune.

Diver Down NJ
12-22-2005, 03:35 PM
King for a Day...Fool For a Lifetime is a kickass album, get it!

Album of the Year is a little shaky, but has its moments.

Basically I think they all got tired of the FNM gig and wanted to do their own things. A damn shame, really.

Diamondjimi
12-22-2005, 04:10 PM
One of the most UNDERrated bands. True innovaters. They are missed!

Unchainme
12-22-2005, 07:04 PM
I read somewhere that the Fish in the Video was auctually Bjork's and she got EXTREMELY pissed that they used it in the video. Grate Song and video, kina funny though with that happening.

DlocRoth
12-22-2005, 07:24 PM
So where the fuck are they?

Unchainme
12-22-2005, 07:29 PM
i think one of them Grew The Worlds Largest Pumpkin,

No Joke LOL.

BITEYOASS
12-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Everyone of those damn Nu-Metal bands were basically rip-offs of Faith No More. That and I noticed some similarities to the songs on RHCP's album "Blood sugar sex magik"

Terry
12-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Yep. Pretty much vanished off my radar after that Commodores cover was released.

IS a shame, too. Liked what I heard. Shit-hot bands like that pack it in, yet utter poop like Bon Jovi keeps chugging along...

...C'est la vie.

NATEDOG001976
12-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Mike Patton decided to persue his own band named MR. Bungle, and left Faith No More in 1998. It's pretty much a side project he always had, no very good if you ask me. Faith No More had a different lead singer for their first 2 Cd's, but Mike Patton brought the band to the big time with "Epic" in 1990.

Great Faith No More Cd's:

The Real Thing - 1989
Live at the Brixton Academy - 1992
Who Cares A lot? Gretest Hits -1998

NATEDOG001976
12-23-2005, 07:32 AM
I forgot "Angel Dust" from 1992, another fucking classic!

Diver Down NJ
12-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Mike did devote more time to Mr. Bungle, but they are done. Their last album, California, if a fucking masterpiece. The rest of their music is garbage. He has a tone of side projects, but if you ask me most of them are a sad waste of his talent.

The keyboardist (I think) had a band called Imperial Teen I think. I bought one of their albums and was unimpressed.

Mike Bordin is a drummer for hire, and I think he's in Ozzy's band these days.

Not sure what Billy Gould (bassist) is up to.

Dirty Duck
12-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I remember watching this video the entire summer of 1990 ON mtv... YOU KNOW... right before MTV started to suck... i think it debuted on "Totallly Pauly".

Who can forget the fucking dead fish at the end of the video... fucking classic.

I remember seeing that video for the first time and saying to myself...wow..this is....different! Rap was big at the time...metal was big at the time...both in one? It's not like I didnt expierience the whole Aerosmith/Run DMC...but this sounded different. The vibe..the beat..the heavy guitars....was I listening to a rap/metal song? What was this? Who is this guy jumping around in his skids(remember those shorts..pants..whatever?)bustin rhymes with some guy who looked like a somewhat more intelligent slash playin licks in the background. Then there was the fish. I remember watching the video for a 2nd time and my sister started crying at the end with the fish dying and I came to a realization...my sister needed to relax and I needed to get the cd. Too bad they really never went anywhere...Angel Dust was a big dissapointment to me...but that's my opinion. "Falling to pieces" is one hell of a song....

BITEYOASS
12-23-2005, 05:41 PM
I did see Faith No More on SNL and the lead singer went to fan that was part of the stage props and stuck himself in between the blades. Luckily it was a slow moving fan. It was better than that Sinnead O'Connor performance.