PDA

View Full Version : Will Dave's Show be Podcasted?

mikethemartian
12-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Does anybody know if Dave's show will be Podcasted?

meanstreet
12-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Not sure about podcasting, but it is available free through the Radiomat site. It can be heard on the KLLI (Dallas) station in that lineup found on their site and it seems to work just fine.

Ladies and gentlemen it's Roth n' Roll Time:

https://www.radiomat.com/register.php

Nickdfresh
12-27-2005, 07:12 PM
God, I hope so...

I just finished an eight-hour drive, half of what I listened to could be called talk-radio Podcast....

rucalobe
12-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Happy Holidays Everyone:

Does anybody know if Dave's show will be broadcasted in the Orlando (FL) area?

twonabomber
12-28-2005, 09:53 PM
does anyone ever use the search?

West Palm Beach, not Orlando.

Polk High
12-28-2005, 10:36 PM
ok, first off whats a pod cast.

Second off, I got an idea to hopefully listen to roth from baltimore. I got an ipod w/ a thingy that allows me to listen in the car to songs I download on it. So I was thinking if I am able to download roth everyday and listen to it a day behind every day on my way to and from work I could really listen to him every day.

Does this make sense to anyone? Is a podcast similar to what I'm saying?

twonabomber
12-28-2005, 10:40 PM
yep, that's what it is.

i think you'll have to record it yourself, then convert it to MP3 and dump it on the iPod.

Polk High
12-28-2005, 10:44 PM
So i ask are there people here who could record roth on some days and post him to the website here so us people who live in areas where we don't get him can convert him to mp3 and listen to him in our car.

You have just witnessed the world's longest runon sentence

twonabomber
12-28-2005, 10:50 PM
try logging onto the webcast, then using Total Recorder or a similar program to record the web strream. TR will convert the file to MP3 for you so it's ready to load into the iPod.

Total Recorder is $12 and can be found at www.highcriteria.com. i used it to record the last couple weeks of Stern shows, and it works great.

Unchainme
12-29-2005, 01:17 AM
POJO IS GOD

Sure hope so, I just got a new IPod.

Nickdfresh
12-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Polk High
ok, first off whats a pod cast.

Second off, I got an idea to hopefully listen to roth from baltimore. I got an ipod w/ a thingy that allows me to listen in the car to songs I download on it. So I was thinking if I am able to download roth everyday and listen to it a day behind every day on my way to and from work I could really listen to him every day.

Does this make sense to anyone? Is a podcast similar to what I'm saying?

Originally posted by twonabomber
yep, that's what it is.

i think you'll have to record it yourself, then convert it to MP3 and dump it on the iPod.

If you download iTunes (for free), you can get select shows Podcasted directly...

Also, CBS Radio/Infinity may provide a URL to copy that you can directly paste onto the iTunes-iPod "Advanced" feature where you click on "Subscribe to Podcast" to open the window.

Polk High
12-29-2005, 11:38 PM
please explain it to me like i was a 26 year old who has no clue about podcasts. I have Itunes downloaded and I have an Ipod shuffle, that works in my car.

Now how do I get the radio onto Itunes on a daily basis, then how do I get the radio show into MP3 format to use in my car?

Polk High
12-29-2005, 11:39 PM
thanks in advance for everyone's help.

How great a song is Can't Get this Stuff Nomore. That video that was made a while back here has made me love that song

Nickdfresh
12-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Polk High
please explain it to me like i was a 26 year old who has no clue about podcasts. I have Itunes downloaded and I have an Ipod shuffle, that works in my car.

Now how do I get the radio onto Itunes on a daily basis, then how do I get the radio show into MP3 format to use in my car?

Okay, what happens is that you firstly check to see if you have the latest version of iTunes by clicking on "Help" at the top left of the iTunes page, and scrolling down to "Check for itunes updates" to make sure you have the latest iTunes edition for Podcasts...

It should also say "Podcasts" in the selection area located in the top left of the iTunes window when you open it up on your computer, right below "Library" with a purple icon next to it....

Then, go to the iTunes Music Store.

Look to the left of the screen where it says "Inside The Music Store," it will say "Choose Genre," then Browse, Powersearch, and then it will say "Podcasts." Click on 'Podcasts' (in the online Music store window) and it will take you to a slightly purple window where there are dozens of radio shows and, even videos, offered...

DAVE isn't there yet, we'll see...

Nickdfresh
01-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Here's the Podcasting link: http://www.david.freefm.com/podcast_chooser.php?contentType=36&contentId=1280

I think it will be a little bit before they have much content up...

Nickdfresh
01-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Here's the Podcasting link: URL: http://www.david.freefm.com/podcast_chooser.php?contentType=36&contentId=1280

I think it will be a little bit before they have much content up...

Place the link after you click on where it says "subscribe to Podcast" when you open your iTunes browser, under the "Advanced" function in the top left corner...

Kilkmaru
01-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Nickdfresh your the best