PDA

View Full Version : Mr Big's 1st album(s)

doctor roth
12-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Am I mad or was mr bigs first disk a ripper !!?!?!??!??!!

Just dusted off the self titled. WOOOAAAAAAHHH !!!
All People seem to remember was that awful to be with you song. But HOLY CRAP is their stuff with Mr Paul Gilbert very very cool !! (or is it just me ?)

audiospectrum
01-12-2006, 05:39 PM
it might be just you, judging from the replies!! :) I'll try it one day ya big lug

monkeythe
01-12-2006, 07:29 PM
The first album was really good. I really liked Addicted to that rush from the first album. Didn't care for the 2nd album they tried to go pop with too many ballads.

NATEDOG001976
01-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Not bad. I got more into Warrant and stuff like that.

Diamondjimi
01-15-2006, 02:55 PM
"Addicted to that rush" is very Van Halen-esque. Not a bad album.
The ballad route was the death knell for them. But I'm sure they still
recieve royalty cheques for the muzak ballads they released.
Music to have root canal work to.............

Mr. Vengeance
01-15-2006, 03:34 PM
I never had much use for this band. I bought the album with To Be With You on it because my girlfriend at the time liked the song, and it gave her something to listen to in the car taht I could handle. Otherwise I'd have to be repeatedly subjected to the fucking godawful Depeche Mode Violator album she'd bring along.....That and OMD.

NATEDOG001976
01-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Depeche is cool man.

Mr. Vengeance
01-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Depeche is cool man.

No they aren't.

m_dixon1984
01-17-2006, 12:49 PM
I fucking hate this thread!! I haven't been able to stop humming that fucking "Be With You" song since I read the first post. Some of Mr.Big's stuff is OK but that song was horendous and I can't STOP humming it. FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!!
M

sammysucks65
01-20-2006, 06:43 PM
i think paul gilbert is an extremely talented guitarist.....but racer x really showcased that more than mr big,,,,,there still ok

bls1919002
01-23-2006, 05:50 PM
must agree with sammysucks65 paul is a bad ass guitar player and all but i never really got into them...BUT billy with Steve vai..HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!let me tell you what, i never got to see steve vai live until last year..in a little club in San fran (city by the bay) california..and The hole band..blew me away..at the end of the show they jamed "fire"jimmy hendrix..and billy sang and played guitar while steve played bass!!!

doctor roth
01-24-2006, 12:10 AM
I got the astoria DVD done in 2003. Awsome stuff. Opened with shyboy !!! The only thing missing was DLR. Tony Mcalpine is an amazing muso by the way

But back to paul gilbert..... His instructional stuff has helped me alot. Guitar from mars and 100 % racer x are really good. Love the idea of playing blues scales 3 notes a string

Dirty Duck
01-25-2006, 06:54 PM
The way music is today I miss the old bands that everyone thought were corney or sucked. Here's my problem with MR. BIG:

The first song I heard by them was obviously "be with you" and I hated that fucking song. Because that was the first single they released on MTV and the first song I ever heard by them I never
gave em' a chance. That song ruined it for me. I love Billy Sheenan and maybe one day I'll pick up the first CD at a used cd store. It's amazing how one song released can turn you off from a band in a matter of seconds....

Mr. Vengeance
01-25-2006, 06:59 PM
DD..I have to say that it's really sort of rocking music. Not heavy but I can see why people liked it. I can't say that I have listened to that album at all since, but it wasn't the worst thing I ever had in my car. If you can find it used somewhere, it might be worth it.

Dirty Duck
01-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
DD..I have to say that it's really sort of rocking music. Not heavy but I can see why people liked it. I can't say that I have listened to that album at all since, but it wasn't the worst thing I ever had in my car. If you can find it used somewhere, it might be worth it.

I'll take it from you my man! I trust your opinion. Hope all is well.

I'm headin out of work now. I got some Rolling Stones to blast on the way home. Later brother!

Seshmeister
01-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by doctor roth
I got the astoria DVD done in 2003. Awsome stuff. Opened with shyboy !!! The only thing missing was DLR.

And Vai plays it blindfolded!

Seshmeister
01-25-2006, 07:54 PM
I always found it bizarre and ironic that

a) Billy Sheehan left Roths band because Skyscraper didn't rock enough then had the big hit with the gayest song ever 'To be with You'

b) I think the first Mr Big album sold more worldwide than Skyscraper and maybe even EEAS!

Cheers!

:gulp:

Mr Grimsdale
01-31-2006, 03:23 PM
it's worth it for addicted to that rush - top shite

ever heard that racer x track, snakebite?

fookin' ace